Totally Top Secret Identification None of You Should See... Ever...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Something cool I thought of for the entire TYC team (the mod I work on, see my sig if you're curious) to have ID cards for the team page when we finish the new website. So far, all I've done is mine, and nobody else even knows I'm doing this yet (except for you guys). But yeah, tell me whatcha think. I'm quite proud of this, as it is quite rare for me to do anything other than sigs. No, seriously, I almost NEVER do anything but sigs. What do you guys think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's pretty cool. It doesn't really look like an ID though. The only thing that really makes it look like a real one is the black strip. Maybe it would be an idea to add something like "ID No. 2342", y'know, silly stuff like that that's always on IDs. :p

Other than that, I like it. :3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's pretty cool. It doesn't really look like an ID though. The only thing that really makes it look like a real one is the black strip. Maybe it would be an idea to add something like "ID No. 2342", y'know, silly stuff like that that's always on IDs. :p

Other than that, I like it. :3
Haha, yeah, I hadn't thought of the ID No. thing. I might try to squeeze in some room for that. As for the rest, it isn't supposed to look like a REAL ID card, it's just something fun for a dev team to have. :)

I could spend 2 weeks trying to make it look authentic, but why? That's just not as much fun (or as cool) as the one I've already made.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p I don't mean, make it look all plasticy and stuff. Just add one or two little things here and there, and it'll be more apparent that it's supposed to be an ID card.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p I don't mean, make it look all plasticy and stuff. Just add one or two little things here and there, and it'll be more apparent that it's supposed to be an ID card.
I think it's already pretty obvious that it's an ID card, but shoot me your ideas and I'd be glad to listen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so wtf u lookin for then Spunky...? I think it's pretty obvious that people have already "shot" their ideas at you.
~"It's a little too big" .... "no it's not, it's exactly how I want it"
~"It doesn't look like an id card" .... "I think it's pretty obvious it's an Id card"

Tbh, I don't like it at all. It's too plain, and it doesn't look like an ID card, cept for the fact that u have ur name and position and stuff... if ur gonna put a black swipe stripe on the back, u should at least go all out and put a bar code and some random "ID" numbers on it.. don't you think?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u should at least go all out and put a bar code and some random "ID" numbers on it.. don't you think?
A) The ID card shouldn't have a bar code. It's already got a magnetic stripe (which works basically the same way as a harddrive. The device that reads the data on the stripe, does so using nothing but positive and negative charges) on the front, for getting in and out of secured areas of the facility. That part is (apparently) authentic.

B) I already accepted the idea to put an ID number on it.

C) It really isn't too big. I have several reasons for leaving it at the size it is. One being that it will fit perfectly on the new website, and the second being that it would look stupid if it were smaller. It's not like I'm going to print it out and use it in real life, so I can let all of my friends know how big of a moron I am.

D) All of the above.

The correct answer is:

D) All of the above.

Best answers
I would suggest changing the font to something simpler... Because the variable text(name, position,idnumber) in ID cards are usually printed with sometype of simple font like THIS or THIS, and they hardly have non-capitalized letters, so it would read SPUNKY rather than Spunky...
This is all i could think of while watching my drivers license...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Update*

I decided to roll with the ID number idea. Check it out, tell me what you think:

@ Jariroth - I like the idea, but I just can't find a good, suitable font. It just doesn't appeal to me. So for now, at least until I can find a good font, I'm gonna keep it the way it is.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you were ever captured, your abductors would have entirely too much information about you and what you do at that place.

The only thing I don't like about the "id card" is ichigo. Besides that, it looks good (although you might want to try putting the symbol on the left side, and the writing on the right side. Looks better to me that way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom