Totally noob - chest

Best answers
Hi guys. I just been at esf-world after long time and found a modelling tutorial. I tryed follow it (And hey.. its fun to model :D)
But what just habbend to the abs and how can i fix it??
(And i know it looks at little to big.. but hey, its first time :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its pretty good for a first time, u might want to post some flat shade with wireframe overlay pics

Best answers
Here you go..
Or did you mean something else <-- noob... again :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks very well!
really good! I think youßll get the route faster as u think if you will work on!

Best answers
A flatshaded view is required so that we can spot any mistakes you made in your mesh. You need a wireframe overlay so that we can follow the polyflow. Btw, next time post some renders and not screenshots. They are alot better. And make sure you zoom in all the way before you render. The bigger the mesh, the easier it is to spot any mistakes.

Edit: As for the abdomen, i think I know what's wrong with it. The area between the abdomen muscles is way too deep. You have 3 rows of vertices in that area: left, middle and right. Select the middle row of vertices and pull it out a little. That should do the trick. ( I hope :rolleyes: )

Best answers
Hey.. do you have another word for "Renders"
Its my english.. sry... and i have never seen that word :S

I think i try make a new one.. i post it later..

Best answers
WEE!! I've found out whats wrong.. It was the smoothing groups... But thx anyway...

Now i will try make the rest of it.. without any kind of tutorial at all :scared:

(Sry for post two times)

Best answers
Hehe...no problem. Now, about the "render". Theoreticaly, rendering is "the creation of realistic images from models, by computing the interaction of light with surfaces." Not very clear, is it? Well, depending on what software you use, you should have a render menu/button or both ( or none if the software does not have a renderer). When you render your scene, the application calculates how the light emitted by different lightsources in the scene interacts with the actual models. What you get is a final image of your current scene, an image with highlights, shadows, different textures you may have applied to your models etc.

Best answers
Aha.. but.. i don't know how to make it.

Do you have a tutorial somewhere??

Best answers
First and foremost: What software do you use? Maya? 3DSMax? Milkshape? It is very important that I know this so I can point you in the right direction. ( allthough I am only familiar with 3DSMax and Maya...). Second: I don't think there are any tutorials on how to render ( there's only tutorials for advanced rendering and such) as it is a VERY simple thing to do: just find the render button and click it ( or search in the render menu for a "render scene" button or something similar). A new window will popup, showing you the render progress( it should finish in a few seconds if the scene is very simple, or more if you have a complex scene). After it finished rendering, there should be an option in the window that allows you to save the image. Do that, then host the image and post is here. Again, it is very important that I know what software you use to create your models!

Best answers
i dont know if milkshape has a rendering system, but 3dsmax has it

Best answers
Im using milkshape..

Dont 3dsm cost a lot?
I totally up to start model.. my i dont have that many money..
Will it be stupid to buy milkshape3d? Isnt it a good program to noobs like me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya i guess milkshape is appropiate for you right now but it can get very frusturating at times, for example, if you try to select a face other faces will be selected from behind even if ignor backfaces is on. another example is not having the ablility to edit the model on 3d view, so say theres a face you want to select but u cant see it in any of ur other views (top, front, ect) but you can clearly see it in ur 3d view yet you cant do nothing about it from there.

conclusion: i say wait till your milkshape expires and then buy it if your still satisfied with it.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The model looks good for you're first, Better then mine lol,
I agree with DarkSniper, If you really want to model then just wait for the ms3d to expire and purchase if you really are going to model, I bought ms3d and I barely use it.. I get tired and bored of what im modelling before I can finish it....

Best answers
DO'H!!! I just realized that i turned my model around.. can i somehow get it back?? If it ever have been normal :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom