totally annoying melee bug

Best answers
Yes, I looked for this bug on the forum, there was one similar, but not exact.

I am now certain that the melee buttons do not allways work when they are supposed too. I'm not talking about not being in range, I'm not talking about the wait after a block, I'm not talking about not having enough power. I am talking about standing right in front of someone who is locked on, having full power and jamming on the right mouse button to melee them and it WONT WORK.

some times this happens with swoop as well. I have to jump or strafe around for a while before I swoop. I've even teleported around an still been unable to swoop OR melee.

like I said, melee doesn't allways work when it's supposed to. It just doesn't.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats true actually. But it might be changed and recoded with the new melee system in Beta 1.2.....

Best answers
that wouls be great. It really sucks when you need to play around the game fopas.. you never reach your potential.

could also be u've got a bad mouse u know
not a chance. I use my mouse for all my games, and yet this is the ONLY game with a button click problem? No way. besides, it's the same on my other computer... it ain't the mouse.

Best answers
It could be recovery invulnerability. You should pay attention to the time it takes for people to become vulnerable again, and also, while people are in motion it is extremely hard to connect. Why are you spamming the button anyway? Just hold it.

Best answers
ForeverZero said:
It could be recovery invulnerability. You should pay attention to the time it takes for people to become vulnerable again,
Invuneralbility is not the problem because one minute I can smack them right as they get up, the next minute I can't hit them (or even swoop) when they are doing something that leaves them totally open (like charging up).

and also, while people are in motion it is extremely hard to connect.
sure, but when they aren't even moving?! that's right, they were standing still and not blocking. plus, this wouldn't effect my swoop function. I was more than far way enough to swoop and it still wouldn't work.

Why are you spamming the button anyway? Just hold it.
Yeah, if you're swooping. But not if you're not locked on. It is the RELEASE of the right button that causes the attack.

Best answers
Few seconds after u swoop,and standing in front of some1,you can't hit him,right(few seconds)?That can be changed like this:

mp_nomeleehittime 3.0 by default
mp_nomeleehittime 0.0 and this is gone.
Just type in your console: mp_nomeleehittime 0.0
"problemo solvedo".

Best answers
The problem is.. yeah I might not be able to hit someone, but why can't I even swoop?! thats a bug. It's like to need to do something (strafe around, jump, teleport) to reset it.

one thing is for sure: the bots don't follow that rule! I've had them swoop, stop, and then hit me..

You have to understand, there are senarios where on occasion I can hit them, and on another occasion (same senario) I cannot. That has to be a bug.

Best answers
I just hold right-click no matter what the situation, even when I don't have a lock. Always has worked fine before.

Best answers
ForeverZero said:
I just hold right-click no matter what the situation, even when I don't have a lock. Always has worked fine before.
I think you're right, I tried this last night with much success. I don't understand, all the melee tutorials and boards say to click the button when you aren't swooping! grrr.

there may still be an issue with swooping tho.. I'll keep looking at it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That problem happens to me all the time, I have to clicl the swoop button like 2x or hold it down, or tele and swoop at the same time I think whats you have to do then it works everytime, Maybe thats how it is sapose to be tele+swoop.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No.. there is a built in range at which you are not allowed to swoop away or towards your opponent. Unfortunately that range is larger than the melee range, so you may not be able to swoop *or* hit your opponent with melee if you end up in that little gap. It's frustrating, but just teleport out of it.

Best answers
Darksun said:
Yes, I looked for this bug on the forum, there was one similar, but not exact.

I am now certain that the melee buttons do not allways work when they are supposed too. I'm not talking about not being in range, I'm not talking about the wait after a block, I'm not talking about not having enough power. I am talking about standing right in front of someone who is locked on, having full power and jamming on the right mouse button to melee them and it WONT WORK.

some times this happens with swoop as well. I have to jump or strafe around for a while before I swoop. I've even teleported around an still been unable to swoop OR melee.

like I said, melee doesn't allways work when it's supposed to. It just doesn't.
IF U ONLY ****ING KNEW HOW ****ING IRRITATED I AM WITH THIS BUG i mssged this ages ago and nothing they did nothing i better hope its solved @ new versoin cuz other i quit this damn game. ;(

I clicked my right mouse button like 20 times and totaly nothing while he (who i just meleed) could just melee as if nothing happend in mean WTF!?!!?

Best answers
As stated above, hold right click to melee people, whether your swooping, or just flying. Constantly clicking occasionally works too, but holding it is much better and more reliable.

If your trying to swoop, and it won't let you, just teleport away once, and then you will be able to swoop at your opponent. As stated above, there is a certain distance that you and your target have to be away from eachother in order to swoop.

Best answers
Yeah, well I feel like an idiot. This probably not a bug, it's just me not understanding how the game works.

These problems I was having are based on:

1) not holding the right button to attack.

2) over estimating the swoop range. (thinking I was far away enough to swoop when I wasn't)

If you think you have this bug too, these are probably the mistakes you are making.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also remember that if you are holding down attack, it will only actually try to register a hit every .9 seconds, so if you brush the mouse over your opponent and don't hit him it most likely just didn't fire off while you were pointing the cursor at him.

Best answers
I know what you mean, and it is very annoying. I hate that so much, I can never hit someone. I click about 20 times and nothing happens to my opponent(and I am right infront of him, the models are touching together). Also I was playing today, and I swear to God that the server was protecting this one guy. I would swoop at him, my cursor fully aimed at him, and yet my character stops right infront of him, and this forces me to have to teleport away and try again. I was so angry... I would have killed someone if they walked into my room at that moment.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop spamming and flaming here !!! Sonic already posted the reason ... This is NO bug

you don't know howto code melee, that means you should be quiet !!!
you can't kick anyone during real swooping and not while touching

Explanation:
You swoop anyone ... about 2m in front of him you swoop stops ... if you pressed right key, you kicked him after the swoop stopped
in this zone (about 2m around every player) you are NOT able to swoop because it would stop at once again to kick this player ... use teleport to get out of it

next zone .. you are NOT able to kick anyone if your touching him ...
go to your next friend stand in front of him, that your bodies touch themself ... then tell me how you would kick him
if you're in front of your enemy and pressing right mouse (and nothing happens), fly backward ... after 0.5-1 seconds you should be in the correct range to kick him (be he, too)

[size=+2]THIS IS NO BUG[/size]
if flaming or spamming continues after this post this thread will be closed

btw: don't try to find/ report bugs/ suggest something for the old melee

Best answers
Yea this is prob goin to change since theres goin to be auto punching and stuff in ver 1.2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh. But it all depends on the release date of 1.2 which could be in November....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom