Total War: Shogun 2

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yesss. It's awesome, easily the best in the series. Empire and Napoleon sucked, but now they've taken the few improvements they made and implemented them into classic TW, for the better. I love it. I've put over 16 hours in so far and I'm not even a little bit tired of it.

Medieval II, I'll miss you.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think words can describe how much I liked Medieval 2 and Rome. Empire was a bit of a letdown and I haven't touched Napoleon. My copy should arrive in a few days, am really looking forward to it.

I haven't read a negative opinion on the game so far, I'd be interested if anyone here has had some bad experiences with it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked Napoleon =/

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guns are just such a turnoff for me in this type of game. I don't think it works nearly as well as ancient time periods.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Napoleon was better than Empire, I'll give it that. The bugs and performance issues were still present though. It was a rushed game. Shogun 2 was rushed too, you can tell a little bit, but it's far more polished than either of its last two predecessors. The only problems I've had have been minor. I'm sure they'll be patched soon.

Edit: And yeah, gunpowder sucked.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fyi, there's a unit that has rifles, but switches to swords in close combat. It caught me completely off guard because I knew next to nothing about the game when I started playing it, other than it being part of my favorite series.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I played for a little bit today. I want to reserve my judgment until I've played a lot more, but it seems like I'm actually going to like this game. Game runs great maxed out, load times are reasonable, gameplay is what you'd expect from a total war game.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I still like the game and it's still probably the best total war game to date, but the end game has me kind of depressed. Realm Divided is too harsh and quite frankly, ridiculous. Having your money plummet to nothing because you're no longer trading because every ******* nation, even your allies have declared war on you just sucks. There were literally 2 new 2000 man armies marching into my territory every other turn.

I'm going to take a different approach next game which I think I'll have more success with, but right now, it just seems like a bull**** way to artificially inflate the difficulty. The end game in Rome was great, I'd argue perfect for this type of game. The end game in Medieval 2 was complete bull**** in that horse archers **** everything up, but at least you could reasonably deal with that because they were limited to 5 or 10 armies. This is just infinite 2000 man armies streaming into your territory.

I was talking to Spunky and he seemed to have some success by bribing off the Shogun, but you shouldn't have to do that in order to compete.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great game indeed, just really really sad that all mp modes bigger than 1v1 are totally bugged and basically unplayable.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
So I still like the game and it's still probably the best total war game to date, but the end game has me kind of depressed. Realm Divided is too harsh and quite frankly, ridiculous. Having your money plummet to nothing because you're no longer trading because every ******* nation, even your allies have declared war on you just sucks. There were literally 2 new 2000 man armies marching into my territory every other turn.

I'm going to take a different approach next game which I think I'll have more success with, but right now, it just seems like a bull**** way to artificially inflate the difficulty. The end game in Rome was great, I'd argue perfect for this type of game. The end game in Medieval 2 was complete bull**** in that horse archers **** everything up, but at least you could reasonably deal with that because they were limited to 5 or 10 armies. This is just infinite 2000 man armies streaming into your territory.

I was talking to Spunky and he seemed to have some success by bribing off the Shogun, but you shouldn't have to do that in order to compete.
Yup, happens to me too. Best thing is to conquer either east or west first, instead of the middle, cause you will be brain ****ed from both sides! ;)

Allying the Shogunate makes them everybody to like you more and also gives you more time preparing for all the nations to turn against you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom