Total noob modeler here

Best answers
Ok i got thinking and decided i want to make a bardock model (not the best beginning choice but meh) ill learn alot. ok now i started and then figured things dont look right so... here laugh at this monstrosity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/Devalian/bardockwip.jpg

crits or anyting that might help will be nice if anyone has better refs that would be great to. im assmuing ive already stuffed this up lol :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) After you place verts in 1 view you need to use the 'move' tool and move them in another view.
2) The picture in the front is much bigger than the 1 in the right/left. Go to 'choose background picture' in the right/left view, and enlarge the picture.
3) Don't put so many polies. They don't make any difference and if keep this detail the whole model won't fit esf.
Besides, the skin makes it look better so you can spare verts that create a line. a line will always look like a line no matter how many verts it has.

Best answers
oh ok awsome lol im gunna be estatic if i suceed in this first EVER 3d model in any program (besides making tea pots in G max)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O tea pots...
If you need more help >> PM.
Btw you've got nice refs of bardok. Where did you get them?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mhh, looks like you dont have much of an idea what to do lol...

I suggest reading a tutorial before you go on. I can tell you allot of things right now but its just useless. Read a tut or so lol.

Best answers
Refs don't match up and too many vertices. Also, he is completely flat. If you looked at him in a game he'd be like paper thin. Don't forget to move your vertices in the other viewports. You can also take off more than half of those vertices >_>

Best answers
Lol thnx guys i didnt read a tut because half of them arnt really easy to understand.
Also i got my refs from google the side ref was from the cover of "bardock father of goku"
i just cut him off that..lol :cool:

Also if anyone of you guys have a tutorial thats good, lnk me ad ill take a look

Edit: ok i just had a mess around and fixed the refs up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/Devalian/update.jpg
I also cut down the amount of vertices but i dunno are they ok or what?
I think im on the right track so far so... ;/

Best answers
Also how would i start forming hes head? so its just not flat

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow so you just made another few vertices... LOL.

You really dont understand what this is suppose to come down to lol.

Like a said. Read a tut, your just wasting your time now. IMO.

I dont know any ms3d tuts sry. :\

Best answers
Ok i have run into new problem i cant get the front and side refs to line up correctly
*sigh...*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the beauty of milkshape!

go get yourself gmax, just google it...

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Refs, DavidSkiwan,
Here I just made a video on making a small model, About three and a half minute's long, I suggest download it "right click and save target as.." then to watch streaming, becuase It will kill my bandwidth XD,
Yeah, So just, watch the vid, you'll notice what you're doing wrong right away..
http://fcx.mikeanime.com/Movie.wmv

Best answers
ok ive got Gmax and just realised i cant even do anything i read almighty girs tutorial but because its 3dsmax the different things got confusing

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's becours you have to BEGIN with ms3d and when you get the hang of you use gmax to get better, i dont understand gmax at all also but i can atleast make some sweet models with ms3d.

Best answers
yeh gmax was kinda over my head so im having another go at milkshape i still suck at it though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom