Tornado strikes CNN Center

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you all do me a huge favor, and not have to prove Jinx wrong in a thread that has nothing to do with him? You guys are taking the hook, line, and sinker.

He's been removed from the thread, so get over winning some pointless argument.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you all do me a huge favor, and not have to prove Jinx wrong in a thread that has nothing to do with him? You guys are taking the hook, line, and sinker.
we are not proving him wrong. we are telling him not to slander a "disaster" thread.

still, thank you for removing him.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm waiting for them to pan over the city with a helicopter, but another incoming storm is preventing that.

It's even worse. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyway, as fas as I've read up on, there's no casualties are there? Something along the lines of 26 injured but no deaths? The buildings look like hell though, but keeping in mind what a tornado can do... I think it could've been a lot worse.
Any word on that?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're still cleaning up, so who knows at this point.

I heard there were a lot of buildings that collapsed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, that really sucks. Tornadoes suck in general, but it's way worse when they hit a city. Lucky as hell that nobody was killed... Edmonton was hit by an F4 21 years ago that killed 27 people. It landed in the city, and still somehow managed to hit a trailer park...

And some of you people here don't have Jinx on their ignore list? Click his name, then in his profile you can select him to add to your ignore list.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't trolling, just showing Jinx something he might find interesting.

In any case, is it common that tornadoes just ... pop up and wreck things? Did this stuff happen forty years ago?
Actually yes it is, Tornadoes come out of thunderstorms quite by surprise. The problem here isn't that they mysteriously showed up (they usually do) but where it showed up. That being said, odd tornadoes have shown up way out of Tornado Alley. Staten Island, New York about 20 years ago, and only 10 years ago here in Pennsylvania, we had an F3 tear up a national park. There have been at least 5 tornadoes in my area in the last 15 years, even though I'm not in tornado alley.

*edit* some quick research turned up a previous tornado in Atlanta in 1975. It struck and damaged the Govenor's Mansion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually yes it is, Tornadoes come out of thunderstorms quite by surprise. The problem here isn't that they mysteriously showed up (they usually do) but where it showed up. That being said, odd tornadoes have shown up way out of Tornado Alley. Staten Island, New York about 20 years ago, and only 10 years ago here in Pennsylvania, we had an F3 tear up a national park. There have been at least 5 tornadoes in my area in the last 15 years, even though I'm not in tornado alley.
Indeed. I live in California, and I've lived to see some small tornados rip their way through the land North of LA. Of course, we DO get the earthquakes, but they're not as frequent or destructive as you'd think. Most of them are tiny if you feel them at all, maybe enough to make waves in your pool, or get the chandeleir to swing a little. And I live maybe 20 minutes West of part of the San Andreas Fault. The only major Earthquake I ever exprienced was in kindergarten during the infamous Northridge Quake, when we lived in the heart of the OC. Of course, I slept through all but the last ten seconds of that quake...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Central Florida seems to be prone to tornadoes nowadays as well.

Enough so that tornado warning sirens are amoung the many issues discussed by local governments.

Best answers
welp im dont feel the need of providing stuff infoz on what i believe, if i've already seen it..

but ill just mention that there are documents treaties preventing nations from using such weapons =o... but...if u think along their agenda... and do alittle digging u'll find it..

Katrina has been throwin in to the mix of possible tests as well..
The reason why Katrina was so powerful was because of the Edy's current, which resides in the Gulf of Mexico. Katrina downgraded to a category 3 shortly after it left the Edy's current.

Also... the only reason why it did so much damage was due to where it impacted at. If it would've hit Florida or Texas, the damage would've been reduced greatly. So don't blame the strength and intensity of Katrina on weather weaponry, it was due to the natural Edy's current, and that's it. Basically it was nothing but a coincidence to why it was so powerful, damaging and intense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm CNN was hit with a tornado?

Talk about on the spot news!

ba dum pssh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom