"Top Ten Reasons You Failed the Dreamcast"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really glad SEGA isn't dead though, after 'phailing' with the Dreamcast. I'd hate to see Sonic die an honorless death. O:

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
I think Nintendo should buy Sega. My two favourite Console companies together as one. ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think so too. :3 I think they could really make magic together. O;

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Perhaps then Sega would also make a decent Sonic game for a non-handheld.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. O: I mean, in all honesty, the 3D Sonics were overall pretty fun, but they were never as good as the 2D ones. Even though, IMO, SA2: Battle came pretty close, but only because of the Chao. x] That added so much extra gameplay to it, it's ridiculous. They could've (/should've!) made a seperate game out of it. o: Hell, I'd buy it.

But anyway, you're right - the handheld 2D Sonics weren't that bad.. Aw ****, actually, I hated Sonic Advance, all 3 (or are there 4?) of 'em. But Sonic Rush totally rocked my boxers. O: <3

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
What I hated about SA2: Battle was that even though you could pick which side to play, the characters for each side were exactly the same. That and they completely raped Tails. He can fly and is also pretty damn fast so what do they do? Put him in a stupid sodding mech. Just.....GAH. Oh well. :(

EDIT: Out of the two I prefered SA1. It was nice to roam around and go from level to level by walking there. But yeah, the Chao were cool in both of them. :p

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Oh yes, PSOv2 was so awesome. I spent.....over 100 hours at least playing it. Think my guy was only like.....level 50-ish though.

Best answers
I loved my Dreamcast. I can see it from where I'm sitting, actually. It's trying to draw me back in... What's that Dreamie? You want... you want me to play Sonic Adventure? Or maybe some Trickstyle? I dunno, the others might see...

Er... ANYway, I'm not sure why it failed. It was really before I got into following game news, so I'm not sure why it failed. I loved mine, and I just wanted to let y'all know. ^_^

Oh, and, Shenmue was awesome. Awe-some.

Best answers
Still today I would say that the majority of successful titles on the dreamcast (which there has to be almost 30 of them) have to be more fun than most present day titles.

I never used to be a big sega fan but I really enjoyed the dreamcast system and still believe that even though it died it was perhaps the most influencial and fun system released in the past 7 years or so.

I cud spend hours on these games:-

http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/objects/014/014676.html
http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/objects/014/014736.html
http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/objects/012/012006.html
http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/objects/015/015624.html
http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/objects/014/014499.html

bah the rest are all here lol

http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/index/games.html

I just hope that sometime soon, we may actually get to play some games which are "fun" :laff:

Best answers
It was a great console, but besides SOnic and Soul Caliber it didn't have enough great games...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to disagree. It had tons of other great games - Ikaruga, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue - and many others.

I guess it's just a matter of taste. :3

If I could get Jet Set Radio on some other console, I'd not even hesitate. I was so sad when my DC died, because I couldn't play JSR anymore. I didn't really even care about SA - I just miss JSR. :[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I have to disagree. It had tons of other great games - Ikaruga, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue - and many others.

I guess it's just a matter of taste. :3

If I could get Jet Set Radio on some other console, I'd not even hesitate. I was so sad when my DC died, because I couldn't play JSR anymore. I didn't really even care about SA - I just miss JSR. :[
You do know they made a sequel don't you? Jet Set Radio: Future was released for the Xbox, it was pretty fun, but not quite as good as the original in my opinion.

Best answers
Ikaruga only was ported from arcades when everyone knew that dreamcast is dying, Shenmue was a great game but it was too difrent alot people didint like that (there is a Shenmue port to ps2).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fun Fact!

Shenmue is the most expensive game ever made. Costing over $20 million USD to make!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
You do know they made a sequel don't you? Jet Set Radio: Future was released for the Xbox, it was pretty fun, but not quite as good as the original in my opinion.
Yeah, I know.

But I don't want JSR:F, I want JSR! Dx

[/whine]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL!!! I just got a dreamcast from gamestop, im about to unwrap it and play it, I bought Power Stone 2 and Sonic Adventures 2, This is gonna be fun!!

Best answers
Hash said:
Fun Fact!

Shenmue is the most expensive game ever made. Costing over $20 million USD to make!
God I loved that game when it first came out, I remember the huge hyper over it. I found myself staying off college just to play it on the day of release, the scale of that game really pulled you in.

Ah, the good old days. Its a shame that many games don't effect me in such a way anymore, maybe its because im geting older or because its just "same old same old".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom