Top 5 singers of all time just people like rock here a lot apparently

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1. Freddy Mercury. Former Queen vocalist, dead since the early 90's. He's one of the rare singers that could sing both Opera and Rock, and I have NEVER, NEVER heard him miss a note. No one is more deserving of first place than him, in my opinion.

2. Ozzy Osbourne. Current and original Black Sabbath vocalist. Even though he pretty much destroyed his voice, with smoking and old age, back in the 70's he could hit amazingly high notes (listen to Hole in the Sky, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Symptom of the Universe for example), and he has a very unique voice.

3. Tarja Turunen. Former Nightwish lead singer, has a powerful, melodic, angelic voice that really makes me sink into a state of inner bliss.

4. Ronnie James Dio. One of the most successful many Black Sabbath vocalists, has a ****ing powerful voice, and is an imaginative song writer. Built for power metal (even though he doesn't fit in there), and even today at 65 he still kicks ass.

5. Bruce Dickinson. Iron Maiden vocalist. Has a style similar to Dio, the only flaw he has, in my opinion, is that sometimes the amplitudes between the notes he sings are too big. In Dance of Death, for example. Otherwise, he's a ****ing awesome singer.

What are the top 5 in your opinions?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Maynard
2) That dude from Soundgarden. His range is incredible.

...I really don't like nor know of too many other singers, and the singers I do know of certainly aren't anywhere near the greatest of all time. Maynard is definitely my favorite, though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Jonathan Davis from KoRn. Not only is he a great singer, but the **** he sings about is so personal and so good it gives me chills and has even made me cry in the past. Daddy and Kill You and prime examples of the power and emotion he puts into his voice.

2) Randy Blythe from Lamb of God. Whether you consider him to be a singer or not, this dude can scream like a mother ****er. Some of the notes he while doing so seems almost unimaginable to me at times. Especially on the new CD Sacrament. I wish I could sing like him.

3) Warrel Dane from Nevermore. The dude is trained to sing opera. Combine that with the sick guitar work of Jeff Loomis and just and overall heavyness and you have pure pwnage oldschool-ish metal.

4) Bruce Dickinson. Listen to Run to the Hills.

5) Chris Cornell from Sound Garden/Audioslave. He can hit lows and high and does it so well. I just love his style of voice.

Notable mentions: Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy (a chick that can belt death metal vocals like that needs to be mentioned), Tim Lambesis from As I Lay Dying (one of the best hardcore vocalists of all time IMO), Chuck Schuldiner from Death (THE best death metal vocalist of all time listen to their cover of Painkiller), Jack Black (the dude can belt), Jens Kidman from Meshuggah (I just love this band and their new CD is amazing).

Edit: Manyard does have an awesome voice. I can't believe I forgot him (Rik is gonna bust my balls for that one). :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Maynard (duh)
2) Kurt Cobain
3) Ozzy
4) Johnathon Davis
5) David Draiman (bite me)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to give all five of my votes to this Maynard guy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this should be titled the top 5 rock singers of all time

Best answers
this should be titled the top 5 rock singers of all time
yeah kind of one sided only considering rock singer into your top 5.

I don't know what my top 5 is, but i would try to include only one of the rock genre in it, if i include any. Generally I don't think rockstars have the most godly, serene voices so...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Top 5 Metal:
1) Ozzy Ozbourne
2) Bruce ****enson (Amazing, nuff said)
3) Rob Halford (How in the hell was he not mentioned yet?)
4) Dave Mustaine (People will either love or hate him, but I personally think his growl is unique)
5) David Draiman (Pure win)

Top 5 Alternative Metal:
1) Mike Patton (If you disagree, not only are you wrong, but you are too young)
2) Maynard Keenan (Amazing feeling in all of his work, even if he is a wack)
3) Chris Cornell (Still kicking ass, its all been said already)
4) Layne Staley (Rest in peace.)
5) Eddie Vetter (Underated, and made of win)

Top 5 Hard Rock:
1) Ann Wilson (Wouldn'tcha? Barricuda!)
2) Freddie Mercury (Uh, no brainer)
3) David Lee Roth (The blonde bimbo that broke up Van Halen)
4) Paul Stanley (KISS . . . nuff said)
5) Geoff Tate (Queensryche singer was awesome, do not dispute)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know a lot of singers, but one of the ones I've found to really like is from System of a Down, Serj Tankian.

just something about his voice is really different. I don't know anyone who sounds like him.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters)
2) Chris Cornell (Audioslave, SoundGarden)
3) Michael Stipe (REM)
4) Joe Strummer (The Clash)
5) John Fogerty (Creedence Clearwater Revival)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because Nickelback is lame.

The singer from Led Zeppelin, Freddy Mercury, I like the dude from KoRn, I like the wierd guy from racer x, and the kid from Mr. Big, little girl squeal ftw?

edit: opti took the words out of my mouth. same post time!!!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't start fighting

Maynard
Ed Kowalczyk(Live)
Jack Black (Tenacious D) He can do some crazy things with his voice sometimes
Serj Tankian (System of a Down)

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow can't believe no one mentioned Trent Reznor...

Saw NiN in concert and he could reproduce his music past his cd quality in my opinion. A singer is only good to me if they can reproduce their music live without the special effects helping to enhance their music.

I agree with Bruce ****enson cause so far I've seen Iron Maiden twice in the past 2 years the Matter of life and death concert and this past march's concert Somewhere back in time again!

Have to agree with cuc as well Rob Halford was ****en amazing wish I got a chance to see a Judas Priest concert in my life time but alas I was not born in that time of heavy rock n roll and Metal.

Ozzy was just pure awesome raw talent hands down though that one concert he did last year where him and Tony Iommi reunited and he did Ironman omg I had tears coming down my eyes from him doing the opening intro his voice was so high pitched just sounded so wrong like a 5 year old child opening up lol.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was going to mention Trent butm while I love his music, his vocals really don't sound extraordinary to me. I'm having a hard time thinking of singers who, aside from having an awesome band or producing great music, can sing the Siren's song.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ozzy was just pure awesome raw talent hands down though that one concert he did last year where him and Tony Iommi reunited and he did Ironman omg I had tears coming down my eyes from him doing the opening intro his voice was so high pitched just sounded so wrong like a 5 year old child opening up lol.
Most of the stuff he sings now isn't nearly as high-pitched as it used to be in the 70's. His voice became much deeper. Although back then he easily hit notes that I couldn't sing even if you twisted my balls 5 times counter-clockwise, especially in Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=udEDlOZJmCc"]YouTube - Black Sabbath - Iron Man (Ozzfest)[/ame]

Ya the drugs really screwed ozzy up over the years but the fans still support him though which is good. This concert was the one I was talking about oh man I still crack up seeing and listening to it heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom