Too late for suggestions?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I have no idea how far through the development of ESF Final is or how long is left before the release but i have a couple of ideas for 1.3 if its not too late to implement them if they are worthy of use. You guys may already have it in the game.

Ive been watching DBZ for a long time now and i like to relate this first idea to the series, for realism purposes.

Hide powerlevel?
In the Namek saga Gohan and Krillin were hiding their powerlevels by will from Frieza and his henchmen. The only way they could move around was without using their ki at all. If this was put into the game you could have a nice strategy for your battle.
Using Swoop, Charging your beam or turbo will reset your ki back to normal. (I cant remember the EVM concept of it but i liked it when it was released)

Speech
Hopefully we all can still talk online to our friends in esf via the chat system in previous versions, i was thinking off adding something small like a speech bubble icon above your characters head whenever they are typing?

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The hide powerlevel thing would cause a lot of situations where a player would move in a safe place with hidden PLs then charge his whatever beam, hide PL again and run away and repeat.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Ok, how about a cooldown period to prevent annoying abusers. Maybe 2 minutes?

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
2 minute cooldowns for such a fast paced game? No.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Yes but match that to the vast landscape. The maps are absolutely huge. It would be nice to have.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't appreciate hiding (PL) in such a game.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No hiding PLs.

Connecting the ingame chat with the bubble over the head icon does sound interesting though.

Data Technician
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Indeed.. Then you won't be afraid of writing something when you're alive :p
I remember those times where you waited till you died before you wrote in chat xP

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hiding PL is an unneccessary feature for such a fast paced game. If you've been keeping up and watching our videos you could see that this game is not a slow paced hide'n'seek type game but a very fast paced action packed game where you are meant to have fast reactions and a lot of focus and creativity for combat.

The chat bubbles above the head is a feature I believe we were considering to add to inform other players of your status. Moving mouths for voice chat is NOT something we have been considering.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
"it's too fast paced, people spam it" Always seem to be what I see to suggestions, no matter what they are o_O isn't charging a super OP beam too slow for such a fast paced game? People can just sit and spam spirit bomb can't they? lol.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
They can, but they will only make a target of themselves.

The most useful attack is the generic beam. Its kinda overpowered in 1.2 though, so we had to tone it down.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
"it's too fast paced, people spam it" Always seem to be what I see to suggestions, no matter what they are o_O isn't charging a super OP beam too slow for such a fast paced game? People can just sit and spam spirit bomb can't they? lol.
Read up on other posts on how we solved that predictament then you'll understand that everything we do is still appropriate regardless of this quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom