too hard to be true

Best answers
*insert flame here*.

Unfortunatly i cannot be 100% sure if duck is by default ctrl. By my knowledge it's not. however i do not know to what an extend the restore to defaultt button does. From what i rmember it's empty. I'll confirm it in the vacation.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ctrl is the default for duck; this is the default configuration file:

You got me on the "fly down", I remembered being the same as crouch but apparently it's not, so I apologize for that.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, Scripting in ESF is binding multiple actions to ONE button.
example : bind "w" "teleport;+swoop;teleport;+swoop" (its not correct but its an example)

bind "w" +teleport <--- not scripting, but remapping.
what is this conversation about anyway
sephize scripting xD?

Best answers
Taken from google:

Scripting is a form of computer program. But unlike traditional programming language, that manipulate the processes of the computer, scripting tends to involve a far smaller set of simple instructions. Many of these instructions will be related to accomplishing a specific purpose, such as controlling the process of connecting your computer to another computer via a modem.
the language used in the config.cfg is a scripting language. Therefor altering a line in it is scripting, according to the text above and the knowledge of a .cfg file.
Therefor using a texteditor and altering a line such as: bind "ctrl" "+duck"
is scripting.

I tend to make the difference between scripting and the keymapping in the game to the GUI (graphical user interface). Seeing as the the functions within the GUI, behind the button, are actually typing the bind-line for u in the config file. It's basicly opening the file for u when u enter it and closing it when u press OK or Apply-like buttons.

They could've also made an alias button allowing u to type in multiple buttons, though that's pretty complex to create. It couldve been done though.

Anyway it could be that MC is right about the crouch. Judging from the screenshot he took, the controls look to be the default configuration with f being fly. I'll check it on tuesday or wednesday and apologize if that's the case.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are default. I can guarantee it. I allways have to rebind teleport off G cause its anoying on that button. XD

Controll is default for duck. But there is another key.

bind "F11" "+duck"

Check your config file and youll notice this to.

+duck is binded to control and to F11

Best answers
The button +duck is only bound to 1 key. With my config, which was once reset to default, it's F11, then again i have the use button mapped on ctrl myself.

nge

Best answers
Lets get this thread back on topic.

Stop the scripting debate and resume talking about how <you> are the best at ESF.

Oh wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom