too hard to be true

Best answers
Duck and crouch are the same button "+duck".

Where o where is crouch or duck?

Could be blind or he's using the standard config in which it is mapped, but afaik it isn't.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
And this folks is why the Zr clan was founded and ESF database is underway. Perfect example. This is also why ESF has such a small community.
Haha, that has to the leading cause of players "Quiting ESF". Are you really just going to stop because it's too hard?? There are people who downright, straightup, mindnumbly, sinfully, suck at this game but still play.

TODAY IS ADVERB DAY =D

Best answers
Nok said:
Oh thats just ****ing funny.
So if someone beat you at CS you would be all like "OMG HAX HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BEAT ME TEH L331"? How can you say no one is better than you?
There are people better than me in cs. But nobody that much better than me that will leave me speechless and i cant even touch them. Im at the climax of the game honestly.

Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
just go back to CS and forget ESF...honestly..if your willing to quit because it seems too hard instead of just playing to naturally get better..then ESF isnt a game for you....ESF is based on creating your own style and doing whats right for you..Demos wont teach you anything..the only thing that will teach you is time and patientce with the game as well as the good ole experience of playing the game..so if thats your attitude towards the game..then fine..leave...w/e...ESF is founded by a strong community simply because the game itself weeds out the commited players and the uncommited players..our community may be small..but its stronger than most that ive seen..and I would much rather have a strong small community than a large weak community...
Demos do teach you things. It teaches you what is an effective way to play. Of course you gotta try it yourself, but you learn faster from watching AND trying rather than trying to learn the game alone.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy fastest to learn ESF is to play 1 on 1 against people who are a bit better than you, when you reach there level you go find someone better to play 1 on 1 .

Or just mimic the moves of better people. If you are nice ingame and dont complain round they will tell you how to do stuff when you ask.

Heck you might even find someone to train you.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:

Could be blind or he's using the standard config in which it is mapped, but afaik it isn't.

Oh where oh where is your brain? It's called an edit key. Not only that, but try going ingame and pressing f11 twice.

:EDIT:

Haha whoops. I know how you mods are about swearing so i filtered the word **** but forgot to filter ****ing.... sorry =/

::EDIT#2::

Yes, because going into your config file is scripting. I'm the 1337est scripter out there. OWNED!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:

You do know what scripting is do you? Scripting in one way can allow multiple actions to occur when pressing one button, such as swooping with just having to press one direction key once instead of twice or pressing one button that will type out "hello everyone" in the say command.

Crouch is still there, just not in the game options. I didn't have to change anything to use it.

Best answers
Going into the config.cfg is scripting. Actually changing a line in there is by all terms scripting. The team could've put an alias in there and let u assign it to some key and VOILA! there would be a swoop button to set. The +duck option is by default not supplied in the Keyboard config in the game. If i press the button to return everything to the default values, I get +duck on F11. SO GRANTED! IT IS MAPPED UNDER F11 BY DEFAULT, STILL NOT CTRL THOUGH! Setting the cam_idealdist in the console IS EVEN scripting.

Any more ****ing idiots with bright ideas about why it's not scripting?

Edit: as for brilliant *COUGH* guy that said using the Edit key in the keyboard config screen... IT ONLY WORKS ON BUTTONS THAT ARE LISTED THERE! WHERE"S UR EYES?!

Best answers
Completely different. Any 1 can make a txt file called userconfig.txt and rename it to .cfg. Doesn't take much to do that. Also making an alias isn't "WOW DAMNED HARD" either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, I've set my Turbo and Powerup keys to the same button so I take less damage if I'm hit while powering up! I'M SO TOTALLY SCRIPTING! And wtf, pressing X OR 4 on my keyboard does the same thing! It TOTALLY selects the weapon in slot 4!

I'm such a h4x0r. I can't even believe myself.

Seriously, if you think changing your config file is scripting, you have a pretty warped definition of scripting.

Best answers
Why's that? "OMG I MADE AN ALIAS WTF?!?! AND DAMN I HAVE A SAY BIND NO WAAIIII!!! I R TEH L33T!!!"
here u jerks are always bashing every1 for the forward swoop and turbocharge and when u're using the config file it's all good...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Seph, Scripting is when you bind a single button to multiple actions..

Best answers
sure it is... typing echo "hi"; in PHP is scripting aswell doh... mr. its-mapped-under-ctrl-by-default

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Crouch is mapped under ctrl by default. There is a "fly down" option in the key map which is the same as crouch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'+duck' allows you to swoop downward, while normal 'fly down' does not.

That's the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom