Tom Petty should sue the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Christ, yeah he should. FFS all they did was change the key slightly, the beats are the same, etc. Maybe they're just taking a shot at him or something to be *******s. But yeah, this really does sound like a really, really amazing coincidence, or a rip job. Sounds like the chilis have been hanging out in in the models/skins sections on this forum x.x I used to like them but damn... Guess they've become complete hacks.

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And to think they were one of my favorite bands :x

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This doesnt mean that all their music is bad now, it just means one of their new songs is a rip off.

I have to admit... this really suprised me. The chilli's are one awesome band though, i dont know why they'd stoop to this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not like their the first people to rip music before. i still like em.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not gonna say plagiarism isn't plagiarism. But it doesn't necessarily mean it was a calculated effort on RHCP's behalf. And if it is, maybe it's a tribute.

Did you know that Rick Rubin produced Dani California AND Mary Jane's Last Dance? Why would a producer over look such an obvious similarity, when he produced both songs.

Coincidence? I think not.

I for one am not jumping on the RHCP hate wagon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never liked them anyways, so whether they ripped it or not, it makes no difference to me.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tribute or ripoff? Given what Opti said, I'd assume it's a tribute. If you check out the music video for the song they also dress up like many different bands throughout rock history.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It comes down to whether Tom Petty felt his band's work was stolen, and/or if they don't mind at all.

We can only target them for running out of material; panicking with unoriginal stuff.

Best answers
wow..so the beats are similar..who cares?..noone seems to be making a big deal about it besides these radio hosts..

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Peppers out of material? I doubt it. It's a tribute for sure.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Maybe they heard the song.. thought it would be great with a bit of chili.. asked the band.. and put the song on their cd.

Best answers
who cares? maybe it was a coincidence??? maybe not... maybe they got tom pettys permission?? maybe not... maybe the red hot chilli peppers just dont give a **** and do wat they want!! hell if so then let them, they deserve it in my opinion!!!

wats sueing the chilli peppers gonna do?? they're rich for life!!!!!!!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they deserve it?, i guess thats the perspective of a RHCP fan.

TOM PETTY doesnt deserve to have his music hijacked by some punk kids, (compare the age difference). unless full rights were granted to "sample" the song that is =P

any damage done to thier reputation now, can adversely effect how thier past, present, and future albums will sell. if only 1 out of every 50 people decide not to buy a RHCP album (that would have purchased it normally). Thats a ****LOAD of money lost.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
they deserve it?, i guess thats the perspective of a RHCP fan.

TOM PETTY doesnt deserve to have his music hijacked by some punk kids, (compare the age difference). unless full rights were granted to "sample" the song that is =P

any damage done to thier reputation now, can adversely effect how thier albums past, present, and future ones will sell. if only 1 out of every 50 people decide not to buy a RHCP album (that would have purchased it normally). Thats a ****LOAD of money lost.
i dont like the chilli peppers at all, but they deserve it u cant deny it.. think of how much they have accomplished over the years, WAAYYYY more than tom petty, since when did tom petty influence anyone??lololol but thats off topic

once again tho, yes thats a load of money lost, but does it matter??? they're still gonna be multi millionaires!!!them and the rest of their generations to come r going to be rich... it just doesnt matter wat happens, the only thing thatll probably effect them is their fame wont be the same, but since when did fame matter? if anything actually its just putting more spot light on them and will lead to interviews and magazine shoots thatll make them even more money!!!

oh and whos side u think the fans r going to take??? tom pettys?? loll

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since when did tom petty influence anyone
did he not influence the chili peppers enough to make them play(steal) his song?

burned =P

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Who's Tom Petty and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gon doesn't listen to music :x

Tom Petty is a guy that no one really knows about but is somehow important enough for people to know.

The red hot chilli peppers just... californication? I mean c'mon man! They've made more songs than every band on earth combined multiplied by 3.14.

The red hot chilli peppers are a good band. Not the best. But they're good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom