Tokyo to host 2020 Olympic

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Tokyo, Japan will be the home of the 2020 Olympics. Quite interesting. It was predicted 30 years ago....

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hmm.

Anyone worried about that little thing that happened a while back? I can't remember what it's called, uh, Fukushima?!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Why? Fukushima isnt in Tokyo ^^;
Wanted to write this earlier today, but just couldn't be arsed! Fukushima is a disaster in the 21st century, however the effects cannot be compared to other similar disasters as they were on a larger scale and not as contained. Tokyo will be fiiiiiiine! I'm going to Kobe in three weeks, Fukushima isn't even on my mind!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Wanted to write this earlier today, but just couldn't be arsed! Fukushima is a disaster in the 21st century, however the effects cannot be compared to other similar disasters as they were on a larger scale and not as contained. Tokyo will be fiiiiiiine! I'm going to Kobe in three weeks, Fukushima isn't even on my mind!
Fukushima recently had another big screwup.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Why? Fukushima isnt in Tokyo ^^;
No, it's close. Y'know, radiation doesn't exactly obey the boundaries of a city. It'll go wherever it damned well pleases.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Horatio is right, a few months back, some of the contaminated water made it into Ibaraki's water streams, which carried rain into Tokyo; people were warned to use umbrellas. It's incredibly hard to tell what is really happening with Fukushima,with a government that continuously lies to its people and the world, to save face.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Fukushima disaster was rated at level 7 on the INES ( interenational nuclear event scale) which ranges from 0 to 7 as maximum, the same as Chernobyl. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_Daiichi_nuclear_disaster#Accident_rating
After that they said that the radiation leak wasn't that bad(long life vs short life radiation ) because of the concrete containment vessels form Daiichi. Who knows what the real situation is. But it's not that close to Tokyo(aprox.180miles) http://goo.gl/maps/fDALX
Anyway... japanese economy suffered a lot because of the whole thing and this is probably the reason behind the choice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom