Today's news update

Best answers
Advanced Melee not anything else. All they are doing is adding a stamina system which isn't changing a damn thing about Melee thats not melee its just an extra Ki bar, and the New Animations for when your inputting your buttons is just eye candy not Gameplay at all.

Best answers
Logan289 said:
Changes in melee has already been confirmed though :rolleyes:

They're adding in animations that will only slow down the game even further than it already is. Rather than kicking someone, you'll be seeing 5 seconds of some animation that might be cool the first 200 times but when you want to get down to business you'll avoid to keep the sluggish gameplay at a somewhat acceptable rate. Big upgrade, Chief.

But nice try.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just when I thought esf couldn't get any worse, it does!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you honestly think the team will release it if it sucks as much as you're all making out? Before you make snap judgements about what the team is and isn't doing, literally put your money where your mouth is and buy a ticket to the Force Pit :S

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Do you honestly think the team will release it if it sucks as much as you're all making out?
They released 1.2, didn't they?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's your point? Some people liked 1.2, some people stayed with 1.1, some people like chunky peanut butter, some prefer smooth. It's all down to choice and preference, if you don't like the way 1.3 is heading then you're not being forced to change from 1.1.

Best answers
Being a previous beta tester, I'd like to think I have more knowledge about ESF's development than you do.

Now, I haven't played ESF at all since August, but here's the reason why I stopped.

I was adamant and passionate about doing what I could in the position I was in to make ESF as good a game as possible because it was fun to play. I became a beta tester because I proposed a spin on the idea the team said they were using and they liked it enough to put value in my opinion.

I tried as hard as I reasonably could to offer the team and Joe specifically suggestions and ideas to make the game faster and more entertaining, but the overwhelming amount of indifference from his part and the disinterest of the rest of the DEVs made me see my time and effort was being wasted.

Bottom line? The DEVs have put as much energy as their willing to put into in terms of pure gameplay. They're more focused on cosmetics. Do I agree with it? Absolutely not. I would never window dress something subpar to make it look better.

As far as I'm concerned, ESF died months ago when the DEVs gave me the impression that development on its gameplay ceased. More characters isn't gameplay additions for me. 1.2.whatever isn't as good as it should be, and they don't care to make it any better.

I wish I could agree with you and put the kind of stock you're putting in the DEVs, but from my experiences with them and this game, it's wasted effort.

Besides. Dragonball Z is old news. If it wasn't, the core members of the ESF team wouldn't be working on Mechmod. ESF is a leftover effort these days. Embrace that concept.

Best answers
Its not like Gundam wing, and other **** isn't older. Hell Mech Animes have been done, pissed on , polished, and redone, and left alone for quite some time yet there working on something thats OLDER THEN DBZ?! They should've just ported eSF over to halflife 2 but for some stupid apparent reason they won't. instead the build a game which is pretty much the SAME THING as esf, but much much worst. Called Mechmod, and think its an accomplishment.

Who in the hell actually plays mechmod anyway. If I put it on my server browser you know how many servers I see? not 1 not 2 but 0. I look at esf u know what I see all these goddamed ****ing European servers that no one plays in.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
What's your point? Some people liked 1.2, some people stayed with 1.1, some people like chunky peanut butter, some prefer smooth. It's all down to choice and preference, if you don't like the way 1.3 is heading then you're not being forced to change from 1.1.
My point? Let me put it like this:

In advanced melee, the object is to press the same button the other person just pressed. Do you honestly find that fun? You're not dodging the guy like in 1.1, you're "dodging" an arrow. Now, right off the bat, I can't stand that. Then you add in the fact advanced melee does nearly no damage unless you get lucky with a random. Do you honestly find it fun knowing that the outcome of the fight isn't in your hands, it's in lucks hand? I'm going to be honest and say it. They released 1.2, and it sucked. It was the worst thing to happen to ESF. So, to asnwer your question completly, yes, I do think they will release something that sucks. It happened once before.

Btw, you are being forced to stick with 1.3. Do you see any 1.1 servers out there? =/

Best answers
I'm not knocking their work. They have talent on both mod teams. But last I checked the Mechmod website, they planned on making some Voltron version of Team Fortress or something. Good luck with that.

I liked Dragonball Z when I was in 10th grade. Not to insult anyone, but I think anyone who's going to spend endless amounts of hours to recreate someone else's copyrighted image is a sucker. You're creating both a floor and a ceiling for yourself. If you aren't creative enough to come up with your own theme for a game, you need to watch some Reading Rainbow episodes or something because your imagination is slacking.

I'd be confident enough in my own work to where I wouldn't need someone else's trademark to get a fanbase, but that's just me. But I've never been a person about gimmicks.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Sub said:
Just when I thought esf couldn't get any worse, it does!
If you don't like it, don't play it. You don't have to post around with these smartass remarks all the time while showing how much you have to whine. And when you decide to whine, at least have some information to back it up.

Best answers
Halorin said:
As far as I'm concerned, ESF died months ago when the DEVs gave me the impression that development on its gameplay ceased. More characters isn't gameplay additions for me. 1.2.whatever isn't as good as it should be, and they don't care to make it any better.

I wish I could agree with you and put the kind of stock you're putting in the DEVs, but from my experiences with them and this game, it's wasted effort.

Besides. Dragonball Z is old news. If it wasn't, the core members of the ESF team wouldn't be working on Mechmod. ESF is a leftover effort these days. Embrace that concept.
so why the heck are you still here?

Way to go team on keepin improving melee, and trans are gonna be sweet. I might not play esf too much anymore, but its still fun to bust out once in awhile. Your work is appreciated

Best answers
Shin Carl showed me this post and I figured I'd give my opinion. By no means am I still 'here.'

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Joe will only tweak something if its realy worth the while. If something is pointless and not needed.. he wont do it. I found that out myself many times :D

The adv melee is faster because the animations are a lot quicker than before. Before you had to wait till the animations were done before the next attack or set of directions could be charged. But since the animations are faster.. both players are pressing directions a lot quicker than before.

One thing Ive been thinking about is.. normally when you hold left/right click after you are hit, it is then your turn to fight back. If you dont hold a click.. you two are blown apart ending adv melee. What if the person who either loses adv melee or doesnt hold a click is beamed away by the attacker/winner? So while playing adv melee.. you better try hard or your gonna get beamed away a lose a lot of damage? how does that sound for a SIMPLE idea.

For Joe... a simple idea in Adv Melee might be worth while :D

Best answers
I think esf 1.2 is very good, no one expected that such a big change like totally new system of melee battle will be flawless and nobody expected that EVERYONE will like it, but thats how it is, they arent charging u money for it!
what I do want to add however is that I dont know why stuff is getting updated so slow, if they are indeed working on another project then I think its only right they post about it saying they are currently to busy to work on esf and announce it as a half dead project, cause right now as I see it its dying and instead of announcing it they keep it lingering... if u have a project which u cant dedicate time to u might as well leave it, but u cant asy once a month "it will be ok" and then go away, somethign must be done to further develop it, I believe them they are putting work into it but why cant we see some more? why do we need to assume its dead or assume its WIP all the time?
I think if they dont work they should let someone take over the project! such a good mod should never ever be left aside...
thats all I can say, and I dont mean to disrespect the staff in anyway! I love what they have done so far and I'm sure that IF they are indeed working then they are doing the best I cant, but the "IF" is whats bothering me !

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why are we talking about the same damn thing again?

to be honnest i lost faith in there being any major gameplay changes in esf 1.3 after all the negative bull**** that everyone came back with due to 1.2. There's no way I would work on something for hours and hours and then, when released get slagged of by my own community because some people cant handle the changes. I think thats enough for anyone to not give a **** about improving their work, if i was joe i probably would have quit then. No matter what they change not everyone will like the changes. Imo after reading the thread with the convo between shin carl and joe, It was pretty much clear that joe doesnt find esf interesting anymore, and its completely up to him how he decides to work on it, if you were countlessly having requests, and demands, you'd get ****ing pissed off too, and you'd ignore all of them after a while, trust me, you start to think the only reason people think you exist is to be their ****ing monkey wrench. I think he is pleased with his creation as it is now, and good on him, he decides whether or not his work is done, not you, not the queen, not the ****ing pope or the president. Bottom line is, if he doesnt want to change it, i completely sympathise.

People need to understand this is people doing this for fun and enjoyment, when the fun is gone, why are they doing it? and why should they care?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you don't like it, don't play it. You don't have to post around with these smartass remarks all the time while showing how much you have to whine. And when you decide to whine, at least have some information to back it up.
you are the one with the smartass remarks, i hate it when people who know **** about the game act like if they actually know anything at all about the game I am 100% sure 99% of the people in these forums spend more of their time vieuwing these god damn forums then actually playing the game.
Originally Posted by Ravendust
Do you honestly think the team will release it if it sucks as much as you're all making out?

They released 1.2, didn't they?
ahahaha this is the best reply i have seen in this thread so far.
As far as i'm concerned this game is dead untill they start making adjustments on gameplay instead of making loads of eye candy on a halflife mod. Wanna go for eye candy? go make esf on halflife 2 then mabye people actually won't care about gameplay cause it looks damn good
There's no way I would work on something for hours and hours and then, when released get slagged of by my own community because some people cant handle the changes.
As for as i'm concerned you are non existance. Who are you to tell why we quit. Like i stated above i hate people who act like they know something about the game while they HARDLY ever play it. You just stick to forum related discussions. Leave the discussions about the game to the people who actually plays it and cares about the game.

Yours truly, Timasta

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
oh boy, im so damn sick of all you peoples who just moan about esf 1.2 and such. its pointless anyways. we just dont spend attention anymore to those of you who just complain without any decent cretique or suggestions how to improve the mod. we know we're good and we dont need those annoying fanboys.
you wanna know how esf really works? allright then ...
we (the team) are looking at suggestions about gameplay and such, if we like them, we discuss it. if not, we dont care about them. we are the team, we decide how esf is going to work. so why am i telling this? realize the fact that we actually made a good mod, no matter if you personally like it or not. if you dont belive me, then why are we one of the most played not-licensed-by-valve mods on steam? cause we made a crappy mod? yeah sure...
and that proves that we're FAR away from beeing dead.
for real, the only thing i have to tell you moaning guys out there is, go play something else if you dont like our mod. or go make your own clone or whatever. you'll fail anyways cause you dont have a damn clue how hard it actually is to create such an extensive mod.

last but not least, its not up to you if we change stuff on adv melee in 1.3 or not. its our mod and we do what we want with it and noone has the right to tell us how we should do our business. hell we could even simply shut down the development of esf and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. its our spare time after all so stfu.

fact.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are just getting too emotional. It's a shame ESF isn't as intensely worked on as before, but that's life. I personally think it's amazing how many hours of endless work the ESF team has put in the game.. and I don't really think people have a right to complain. Either you like their creation or you don't, but not liking it doesn't give you the right to lurk on their forums and insult their efforts. I'm neither a "forum whore" or a "non-posting ESF player," as I do both. But my interest in playing competetively disappeared after being unable to play in servers without people crashing the server constantly, or using an aimbot and fingerlaser repeatedly, or abusing one or another kind of bugs. The game is still fun, and I hope they make more versions, but I don't expect or demand that they do.

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
oh boy, im so damn sick of all you peoples who just moan about esf 1.2 and such. its pointless anyways. we just dont spend attention anymore to those of you who just complain without any decent cretique or suggestions how to improve the mod. we know we're good and we dont need those annoying fanboys.
you wanna know how esf really works? allright then ...
we (the team) are looking at suggestions about gameplay and such, if we like them, we discuss it. if not, we dont care about them. we are the team, we decide how esf is going to work. so why am i telling this? realize the fact that we actually made a good mod, no matter if you personally like it or not. if you dont belive me, then why are we one of the most played not-licensed-by-valve mods on steam? cause we made a crappy mod? yeah sure...
and that proves that we're FAR away from beeing dead.
for real, the only thing i have to tell you moaning guys out there is, go play something else if you dont like our mod. or go make your own clone or whatever. you'll fail anyways cause you dont have a damn clue how hard it actually is to create such an extensive mod.

last but not least, its not up to you if we change stuff on adv melee in 1.3 or not. its our mod and we do what we want with it and noone has the right to tell us how we should do our business. hell we could even simply shut down the development of esf and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. its our spare time after all so stfu.

fact.
Who loves DJ Ready??? I loves DJ Ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom