today got off to a rough start =/, Pc wont power on

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K, well what i usually do before i have to get up and go anywhere is get in a few item farming runs on diablo 2, and today was no exception.

I decided i was gonna go make me some bacon and eggs, but on my way out i stepped on a thumbtack and kicked my surge protectors power button by mistake. When i turned it back on, my External USB HDD, Scanner/Printer, Monitor, etc all came back on as usual, making their normal startup clicks and whirrs.

But my pc is off, refusing to power on. Its making a small clicking sound and the HDD activity light is blinking as if the computer is doing something (or trying to do something). yet everything inside the PC is off, not making a sound (save for the click). None of the Fans are spinning, the HDD is silent.

And the power button is unresponsive, i can press it, hold it, beat it with a hammer, etc, but nothing happens. it stays stuck with the clicking and flashing light.

ive got stuff to do today that can only be done on that particular PC, and damnit im stumped.

this has happened before i should note, the tech guy i talked to told me that the motherboard in my pc likes to hold a small charge. even with the power off and instructed me to unplug the PC from the wall/surge strip, then unplug the PSU from the motherboard, WAIT 30 seconds and hook it all back up.

that worked like a charm back then but its ****in stuck on it this time, =/

btw its a 8 year old emachines, yes it sucks

i know you told me not to mention DIABLO 2 Dragondude, as you said you would be tempted to play DIABLO 2, but it just so happens that i was playing DIABLO 2 when this happened. with my pc like this I cannot play DIABLO 2 anymore. and i gots to have my DIABLO 2.... and btw DIABLO 2

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Your power supply **** itself, buy a new one.

(If you don't believe me, put another power supply in your case and it will work normally)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=/ the PSU is practically brand new

.... ****

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I bought a new 550 watt PSU last week after something similar happened here.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i fixed it.

without buying a new PSU at that =P,

i did exactly what i did before, unplugging the PSU from the mobo. and for some reason it decided to work this time =/

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It probably just needed to discharge I guess

That also happened to me once when I ripped a PCI sound card out of a computer (that was still on lol), it shut off and wouldn't turn on for over an hour. D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom