to Zero, Dj Ready, or any good mapper

Best answers
hey i was wondering if someone can edit or make the map esf_BattleArena to have a invisiable wall in the middle say u cant cross side because im gonna make a beam wars only no crossing sides and no melee i was just wondering if someone could help.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) You cannot properly edit Battlearena without making it look very ugly in the process (decompiling the map messes it up somewhat).

2) The map's source was more than likely deleted a looooooooooong time ago.

3) There is a command to deactivate melee. You can create a server with that option by looking in the menu. If not, it will be listed in the Newbie/Help/General Section of these forums.

4) There is no way to stop people from passing a certain point and allow beams to still go though.

Best answers
well mabe dj or zero can do sumthin but there is a way to put invisiable walls in a map some counter-strike aim maps have them u can still shoot thought them but cant cross sides

but thanks for the info

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
there is no way to edit the map properly since the map source got lost.
and decompiling then recompiling would cause alot of errors + work to fix those.
func_wall or other solid entities wouldnt work anyways... perhaps trigger_push (or what its called...) beams != bullets in cs.
so you will have to rely on the players that they stay on their side.
to deactivate melee type mp_melee 0 into the console.

Best answers
Optional said:
1) You cannot properly edit Battlearena without making it look very ugly in the process (decompiling the map messes it up somewhat).

2) The map's source was more than likely deleted a looooooooooong time ago.

3) There is a command to deactivate melee. You can create a server with that option by looking in the menu. If not, it will be listed in the Newbie/Help/General Section of these forums.

4) There is no way to stop people from passing a certain point and allow beams to still go though.

Man I got the source map on me all you got to do is ask :)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
wtf i thought the sources of ALL old maps got lost? >_>
we should put together a .map/.rmf (meh .. and wad files) archive ... surely for the team only
good to see you back anyways :)

Best answers
I have all the oringial .rmf files for all my old maps... Ones I guess you want are esf_battlearena, esf_guru, esf_namek, esf_roshi_island and that map I never finished esf_118 mountains...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can make the bsp ones rmf so......wy do you nead the rmf, an invissable wall where you can shoot truw is easy as long as you have an { texture(and make it.........uhmm.......i did do something but what......i could shoot truw the { brush without a problem)
you can alway's try to make water a wall entity.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
i can make the bsp ones rmf so......wy do you nead the rmf
Because if you would have read the previous posts, or maybe tried it yourself, you'd know decompiling a map messes it up.

niobe said:
an invissable wall where you can shoot truw is easy as long as you have an { texture(and make it.........uhmm.......i did do something but what......i could shoot truw the { brush without a problem)
All that does is make the texture transparent. It doesn't allow you to make a brush you can shoot through yet not pass through. You might have made it a func_illusionary, but that won't achieve what he's asking.

niobe said:
you can alway's try to make water a wall entity.
What? o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom