To the people who watched the new Dragonball movies (God and Resurrection of F)

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
So we have 3 new forms introduced.

Super Saiyan God
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan
Saiyan beyond God

I am confused as to which of the former 2 is the stronger one.

Despite the name and that the second one got released later I am inclined to go with the first one.

Why?
1) Goku states that this form taps into the power of Super Saiyan God
2) Golden Frieza gladly fought Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (and won at first!) Golden Frieza pissed his pants seeing Bills, however, in the series "Dragonball Super" Goku was able to draw out a whole lot of Bills' power (although in the actual God movie it forced Bills only to 70%) so red God > Blue God?
3) Bills and Whis both indicated that Vegeta and Goku together would be able to even top Bills himself, while Goku was able to put up a really good fight on his own in both the God movie and the Super series. Where when they comment on Vegeta and Goku with blue hair they seem to think that Vegeta and Goku have to be together to win.
4) In the Dragonball Super series we see that the result of Goku and Bills clashing being that waves strong enough to touch and destroy the whole universe are being sent out, none of that even close to happening in the Frieza movie.

It was a lot easier when it was just numbers and 3 being the strongest (or 4 if you wanna count GT) what are your thoughts? Which form is the strongest Saiyan form?

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't watch the Freeza movie, but what the hell is Saiyan beyond God? I know SSG (red), SSGSS (blue) and that's it. Do you mean base Goku with godly power? Anyway you should wait for Freeza arc in Super, there should be some retconning.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I didn't watch the Freeza movie, but what the hell is Saiyan beyond God? I know SSG (red), SSGSS (blue) and that's it. Do you mean base Goku with godly power? Anyway you should wait for Freeza arc in Super, there should be some retconning.
Yes that's what I meant,

How long is Super gonna be? Who is that person that looks like a chubby Bills in the opening? I am curious about a few things that you might have answers to hleV?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
For ****'s sake, can people stop using DB Wikia? That wiki is ran by fanboys who write whatever they want to write in there, with little regard to official information.

"The only visual distinction between a Saiyan beyond God and a regular Saiyan is that the natural aura color of the Saiyan gets replaced by a milky-white aura after absorbing the God power (better seen in Vegeta's case, whose natural aura is blue)."
Is this guy living under a rock? Base Saiyans' aura has been white since the end of Freeza arc... There's literally no difference in appearance between normal and god-power-absorbed Saiyan.

Anyway I don't know much about stuff beyond pre-BOG, as I'm not really interested in that garbage.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
The form with the blue hair means, that goku learned how to control the power of the super saiyan god and he taps into that power by transforming into a super saiyan.
this form stands for the perfected form of the super saiyan god. so in that case: blue > Red (because he has a better control over the god power)

btw: for those who don't wanna watch the anime, (for what reasons ever) you guys don't know what you're missing.
the show is just awesome and it still has that juice dragonball flavour of trying to power up behind the screen xD

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Just look at the hair. When Goku goes Super Saiyan God, he has his base hair style i.e it is his "base god form" which is also red. But then he ascends to another form i.e. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan which is blue but his hair style resembles his old Super Saiyan spikey hair. So Blue form -> Red form. The naming structure is so worthless should have been like this: Base->SSJ->SSJ2->SSJ3->Saiyan God->Super Saiyan God instead of SSJG->SSJGSSJ. Like what the hell?

I read your post now a bit better and I wanted to give my two cents on why the portrayal of the blue form was lacking in comparison to the red form. I think it was a decision which was made in order to further the series. I do not believe that the Resurrection of F or the Super series was totally planned by the time the first movie appeared (its continuation was solidified based on the reception). However, these things have been seen before - a Z warrior powering up shakes the entire earth and then later on when he is much stronger they sometimes miss effect. Firing a Kamehameha at Cell had to be directed towards outer space but then in the new movie Goku fires a huge one onto the earth - like what? It is simply due to convenience in order to further the series that these things happen I guess. Also, since when is Roshi an equal fighter to Krillin or Piccolo? Also, Piccolo should be really strong in comparison to the fodder in the movie. I do not like that he is falling behind so much. Where is the Namek God form, cause my favorite character needs it!

Last edited:
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The naming is definitely stupid and I'm not looking forward to how there's going to end up being shit like Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3 by the end of the new series. I really wish they had used better naming for the new forms.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
What about the colours though? For me, they are equally stupid. Why should base god form i.e. Super Saiyan God be red and then its immediate ascension be blue? They went at it totally wrong (again because it seems that they did not think of a continuation until they got a good reception from the Beerus movie). They should have went with another scheme. For example, a coloured aura and just simple black hair at first. AND THEN they could've introduced other hair colours. Not go from standard, to yellow to red and then to blue. What? Haha. Go from yellow hair and aura and then just to some badass red aura (fits good but change it up from simple Kaioken) and change it up in other ways later on. For example, also get red hair after the base god form in addition to the red aura and name it as "Saiyan God" to "Super Saiyan God". They made it so weird.

Last edited:
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually don't mind the blue color of the Super Saiyan form but I can't say I'm a fan of the red color (and hair style) of the regular God form. I think if they just stuck with one color for the forms it would have been better.

I agree that Saiyan God would have been a better name for the original form, not sure why they didn't do that. I hope they retcon the name sometime in the near future.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
The form with the blue hair means, that goku learned how to control the power of the super saiyan god and he taps into that power by transforming into a super saiyan.
this form stands for the perfected form of the super saiyan god. so in that case: blue > Red (because he has a better control over the god power)

btw: for those who don't wanna watch the anime, (for what reasons ever) you guys don't know what you're missing.
the show is just awesome and it still has that juice dragonball flavour of trying to power up behind the screen xD
I think red is the real one and blue is them tapping into the power of the red one ergo not its full strength.

Just look at the hair. When Goku goes Super Saiyan God, he has his base hair style i.e it is his "base god form" which is also red. But then he ascends to another form i.e. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan which is blue but his hair style resembles his old Super Saiyan spikey hair. So Blue form -> Red form. The naming structure is so worthless should have been like this: Base->SSJ->SSJ2->SSJ3->Saiyan God->Super Saiyan God instead of SSJG->SSJGSSJ. Like what the hell?
Then what about
2) Golden Frieza gladly fought Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (and won at first!) Golden Frieza pissed his pants seeing Bills, however, in the series "Dragonball Super" Goku was able to draw out a whole lot of Bills' power (although in the actual God movie it forced Bills only to 70%) so red God > Blue God?
3) Bills and Whis both indicated that Vegeta and Goku together would be able to even top Bills himself, while Goku was able to put up a really good fight on his own in both the God movie and the Super series. Where when they comment on Vegeta and Goku with blue hair they seem to think that Vegeta and Goku have to be together to win.

I agree that Saiyan God would have been a better name for the original form, not sure why they didn't do that. I hope they retcon the name sometime in the near future.
Agreed.

I do however think that super saiyan god super saiyan means that you have been a real super saiyan god before and then when you turn super saiyan from now on you are a "part" one therefore super saiyan god super saiyan...

oh my these names are so stupidly long

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
the red hair form is just a temporary state for the first time transforming into that form. take red for like a hot uncontrollable fire burning. he just learned of power. blue is a more calm fire, but far more intense in its heat, like a gas flame you use to put two metalparts together( don't know the name right now, my english sucks^^)

but i'm sure that toriyama did choose the colors red and blue to show that goku and vegeta, have mastered the super saiyan god power.
and don't worry super saiyan god Super saiyan 3 will not happen, at least until the end of the new freeza arc. because toriyama himsef said he wants to bring more meaning in the first super saiyan form, since this form actually has a story to tell about.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
ssnake are those feelings or facts? Just so I am in the clear.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I already know it won't happen for a while. I would imagine that they would give the other characters new transformations first. Plus there's the whole movie 2 arc that still needs to be covered. I just know that the transformation is going to eventually happen and I bet that it's going to look absolutely ridiculous.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
well, the series and the movies kinda show's that goku has trouble to controll this new power at first and he can't maintain it very long. in "fukkatsu no f" goku even sais, that he had learned to tap into that power at will. witch means that he has better control over that power.

well, you could say, that he can't control all of that power yet, and thats why his hair is blue, but to find that out for sure, i guess we'll have to wait until after the new freeza arc and see what happens =)
the show is just awesome and i think its totaly worth to watch it, just like the old series

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty confident that SSGSS3 (as in, blue long-haired SS3) won't happen. I would be willing to make a bet, even.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
well, the series and the movies kinda show's that goku has trouble to controll this new power at first and he can't maintain it very long. in "fukkatsu no f" goku even sais, that he had learned to tap into that power at will. witch means that he has better control over that power.

well, you could say, that he can't control all of that power yet, and thats why his hair is blue, but to find that out for sure, i guess we'll have to wait until after the new freeza arc and see what happens =)
the show is just awesome and i think its totaly worth to watch it, just like the old series
Yeah if there are gonna be a lot more major arcs in dragonball super I assume we'll get to see various types of powerups.

Yea I am thinking that blue is "part god power", and he can't just become red without the help of 5 other saiyans. I hope the series will make the system more clear.

I'm pretty confident that SSGSS3 (as in, blue long-haired SS3) won't happen. I would be willing to make a bet, even.
idk man, I was pretty confident that SS3 was going to be the last transformation. Not that I consider anything after that canon but yeah.

Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, I concur that anything like SS3 won't ever happen again. Toriyama has said that he went too far with that design ~ but he says a lot, and most of it is shit.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
yeah i agree, toriyama even said, the idea of the super saiyen god was to pair down gokus power to the absolut basic. so now that goku is way stronger than ss3 there is no more need for that transformation since it cost so much energy for goku to maintain that form.
i think toriyama will make the ss1 or maybe even his basic form the ultimate form that goku will have at the end. but that's just my opinion.
so lets see what toriyama has in store for us ;)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
so, does goku have the capability of transforming into a regular ssj now? i know those transformations are now redundant. Will they be scrapped from the show entirely i wonder, or just rare appearances...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom