To Deman, in public, so you know what not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't call me a little prick or a "****er" in one of your well thought out speeches and then close the topic. That's quality mod behaviour.

Last edited:
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you keep playing with fire, you inevitably burn yourself.

Also, while I know you're not the kind of person who responds well to being told what he can or cannot do, let me be perfectly clear. Until you appear on the list of administrators in this community, you don't get to decide what is or is not "quality mod behavior". We can sit around for days - if not weeks - deciding whether or not getting the last word in is mature and get into an unending circle of closed topics and response threads, but the fact of the matter is that Deman has earned the level of say-so he has in the community.

That isn't to say that I condone every detail of his closing post (his choice of language was, obviously, not what I'd call the gold standard), but I understand precisely what caused it, and comparing his actions (and, indeed, the actions of most of the forum staff) to an inhumanly cruel and maniacal regime is just asking for trouble. If you didn't want him to react that way, you shouldn't have pushed him.

At the risk of drawing further, "enlightened" comparisons from you, I'm closing this topic and am going to remind you that, since you're not issuing a warning, you are expected to carry this kind of post out in a private discussion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For my two cents, Deman and i have always fought for peoples rights to speak as freely as they like, we've always tried to hold of major bannings, and revoke warnings where people get hot headed...

fact is, both of you just seem to be out to pick holes in anything we (the moderator team) have to say on any subject. you need to realise, plain and simple, that what we say should ALWAYS be the last word. the community is slowing down a lot, and it's always a shame to see someone leave. but if need be, i'd have no problem pushing someone out the door if they couldn't be civil.

sorry Maj, if you feel i'm stepping on your toes... this would have been posted in the other thread if it were still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom