To anyone who can help with an installation problem!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, i have two computers, one in my room and the family pc, i wanted to try a LAN game with a friend today and so went and installed half life, ut...the problem was when i came to unzipo and install ESF it kept freezing and not doing anything, and eventually crashing.

im wondering if its because the family pc has XP and i....dont?

can anyone help

basically what happens is it comes up with the message "checking for previous installations" (or words to those effects) and then nothing more...at all, it wont even let me open another program, so i have to restart, and CTRL+ALT+DELETE tells me the prog is not responding so its not just looking for the Hl.ee...

so, any help please (ive looked in ur help section too..before u go on about that :p) thanks very much :)

Lee
XxXxX (the kisses are for cute girls only and anyone who can help :p)

Discord Member
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
Ok, i have two computers, one in my room and the family pc, i wanted to try a LAN game with a friend today and so went and installed half life, ut...the problem was when i came to unzipo and install ESF it kept freezing and not doing anything, and eventually crashing.

im wondering if its because the family pc has XP and i....dont?

can anyone help

basically what happens is it comes up with the message "checking for previous installations" (or words to those effects) and then nothing more...at all, it wont even let me open another program, so i have to restart, and CTRL+ALT+DELETE tells me the prog is not responding so its not just looking for the Hl.ee...

so, any help please (ive looked in ur help section too..before u go on about that :p) thanks very much :)

Lee
XxXxX (the kisses are for cute girls only and anyone who can help :p)
hmm,sometimes you have to wait til the installation moves on.i had never the problems that i cant open other programs.which system do you have?

Best answers
you have to wait for it. Installation is very very slow. Eventually, it should install.

Best answers
hmm .. that was some long time ago. but if I remember right, I had to leave the computer for about 10-15 mins. when I came back it was working right.
it just freezes at the beginning, you can't do anything about it.

even if it says "not responding", it just means that the program is performing some "heavy" operations, it doesn't mean the program has crashed.

Best answers
i have the same problem except instead of not responding, in the first 5 seconds it crashes, like the thing in xp that says ESFBeta11.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvienience. then i get to chose if i should send a msg to microsoft. whichever i chose it still crashes and the program ends!! and i dunno how to fix it. so i had my friend install it and download it and send me the folder. he sent me the esf folder. then when i try to join a game it says it cannot load library C:Sierre/Half life/esf/cl_dll/client.dll. any help for me would be neccessary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom