To all that whines about ESF 1.2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You all complain, moan, groan, and whine.

if you dont like all these things in the game then just GO and make your own perfect DBZ mod to your liking!

I would like to see this really, i mean its not easy doing all this... So many whiners they dont stop and think that the team is doing all this and they dont get anything out of this except satisfaction its a hit.(at least i dont think they get paid or anything. i highly doubt it)

so before you complain, give yourself 2 seconds and think "Should i really burden them even more with my whining on how to change the game, because i cant make a game myself?"

Back to what i first said, If its just all this simple to do everything you want, just start your own mod!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dozens of people. I have posted at least 20 replies this week to people having to defend the mod.

I still believe that this is solely because of

A.) Half-Life's low system requirements, and
B.) The fact that this mod is free.

Most of the complainers seem to have no real vocabulary skills and don't articulate their problems well, because they are 11 year olds. Most of them also made accounts to the forums JUST RECENTLY, which kind of frustrates me. :0\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are quite a few people that seem to have a problem with 1.2 -_-, however the majority of the fan-base loves it. I don't think the team is concerned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you dont look every well, everyone that keeps saying "change this change that, melees too easy, melee should be like this beams are usless"

they whine and complain all the time.

*Note* if you dont complain, im not talking about you

Best answers
I think there is something about the new beta that makes some people "whine", but any problem that I have with it are about the characters themselves, which has been carried over from beta 1.1 or beta 1.0 (Piccolo's weakness, Vegeta now takes forever to trans, as if it wasnt bad enough in 1.1)

That kind of stuff. People do have the right to make constructive comments, and to voice their opinions about the new beta. Weither it is for good or bad, thats not really any of your concern now is it?

Now, you should stop whining about the whiners . . .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. Well all I'm at liberty to say, is that I would love to get my hands on these ungrateful brats for five minutes alone.

Of course, the whole thing is stupid. This inevitably happens with a game that, like i said, any schmuck can run for free, though not all run it well. This is the main issue with 1.2 I think when people complain on the technical side ("ughh, it plys all mad gaaay dood u shud maek ti liek tihs to for be teh bettar"...yeah, try fixing your settings and getting a video card from last century, and see the difference...primitive screwheads).

Complaints about the gameplay are because people suck at the game and used to not suck with LSM and HOW tricks; there is no other explanation.

EDIT: Soul, people DON'T make constructive comments. These threads are pure flame. Go see the closed thread "Sonic plz read" for a taste.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SoulStriker said:
I think there is something about the new beta that makes some people "whine", but any problem that I have with it are about the characters themselves, which has been carried over from beta 1.1 or beta 1.0 (Piccolo's weakness, Vegeta now takes forever to trans, as if it wasnt bad enough in 1.1)

That kind of stuff. People do have the right to make constructive comments, and to voice their opinions about the new beta. Weither it is for good or bad, thats not really any of your concern now is it?

Now, you should stop whining about the whiners . . .
this is for the teams defense, i mean i wouldnt wana bust ass working on this and some dont appriciate what they get...

True this is like whining about the whiners, but it gets repetitive seeing the majority of the forum slowly turning into a "Complaint Department"

Think about it, somone had to eventually say something to them all

now, if a team member said the exact same as me before i did, you would side them and not say " dont whine about them.

*note* dont really know the whole cursing policy that show onforum, so sorry about if i did someting wrong saying the "a" word

Best answers
well, they can say whatever they want. but most of them probably were super elites at esf 1.1 and now that the noobs at 1.1 became super elites at 1.2 and they kick their asses, the say 1.2 sucks (cuase they cant play good).

im not JUST saying this. lots of ppl from israel i play with that kicked my ass before - try to do it on 1.2 but, they cant. and when i pwn them they cry and say 1.2 sucks and its too easy and they r just fooling... riiiiiiight!! so dont even pay attention to these ppl k? im sure the team knows this mod RULES and is better than any mod out there (except CS...sorry - big fan of cs till 1.6 came out). i want to c ANY other mod that was free, the team of the mod are not getting paid and the mod is as good as mod. damn! most of the mods that the team DO get paid for it are not as good as this 1!!

Best answers
I agree.

The gameplay is fine for the most part, it seems really balanced to me. For example combos do more dmg than a throw, and a throw takes more ki, but its alot easier to do a throw, and faster, with less chance of blockage

The only things that I dislike are the "high powered" transformers (Buu, Krillin, Vegeta). Now, if you try and transform with any of those in a server, and you can't unless the map stays put and the server stays up for like half an hour at least.

Yesterday, A guy joined my server. He played for a bit as Vegeta, I was gohan. I changed characters to Goku, and I still transformed long before he did. Thats just not right.

If they can fix that up a bit (maybe make you gain more PL in melee, or lower the transformation requirements), and maybe fix piccolo (considering he is so weak, even with his so called "unique" attacks) the beta could be alot better.

Of course, like I said before, none of these problems were really caused by the beta, only enhanced by it.

Edit:
You should notice that alot of people that were good at 1.1 can still school you in 1.2, with or without knowledge of the new melee. Once they get used to it, there going to be even harder to beat than before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SoulStriker said:
(maybe make you gain more PL in melee, or lower the transformation requirements), and maybe fix piccolo (considering he is so weak, even with his so called "unique" attacks) the beta could be alot better.
Exactly, its still in beta, which alot of ppl cant see that for some reason, now if it was completed i can kinda see where the complaing can come from. but all the new melle system is astill "experimental" in a way. And nothing can be flawless.

Best answers
if you went through this whole thread, and you still want to complain there is one thing to do:
call whine-one-one for the waaaaahhhhhh-mbulence, newbies.
for some reason, someone told me he tried it, and no one answered his call >.<

and i have to agree, if you just made a thread so you can say stuff like "melee is stupid"/"melee is 2 easy"/"melee is impossible" or stuff like "bims r useless" are just :cry: 'ing around. so dont do that, just dont.
another thing is people (that dont have a clue about coding and it's alike) insulting the team, and then say that they could do it much better,
and stuff like that. those threads allways ends up in a nice rounded warning from the mods.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol...good one, dude. Hehe.

The thing I agree with most is the high powered transformers. Vegeta takes EONS to transform. I always thought the PL gain should be upped a little bit--but only like, 5%-10% tops (and 10 is pushing it).

I've pretty much accepted with new melee that I'm just not good enough to ever see SSJ Vegeta again. :0\

But that is still no reason to say it's a crappy game!!

Best answers
It's not a crappy game. Far from it. It is a beta, and it does have flaws however, and alot of the people that "whine" expect their problems to be fixed instantly by the team, which will never happen.

I would like to see some of the bugs fixed, and the high powered transformers fixed up, because theres no point in having a transformation if you can never reach it, or in the case of piccolo, theres no point in having a transformation when it does jack **** compared to the other transformations (in terms of speed, strength)

I'v seen SSJ Vegeta once in beta 1.2, and thats because it was in my server, the level never changed, and it still took over half an hour, closer to 45 minutes for him to transform. Who plays ESF that long? I usually play for 20 minutes tops, unless I find someone who I can fight with and not get totally spanked, or totally spank them.

ESF 1.2 melee truly comes out when you find someone who is near your skill level, because it takes a good while to even get a hit in, let alone a kill, and its just plain awesome.

Best answers
Isn't melee gonna give around 3x the PL it does for melee in the 1.2.1 patch? I'm pretty sure that would help late-transforming characters like Vegeta and Kuririn (I swear by the japanese names)

BTW, in regards to the thread....well, I couldn't agree more. Aside from those other things, the other reason not to whine is that it hasn't been out for all that long. Play for a week or two (or something equal to that long gameplay time) THEN tell us what you think is wrong. Nothng sucks more than having a game recently released only to find out those who are giving suggestions only played the game like once :(

Now back to where I was....oh yeah, take a look at PcJoe's dev journal to see what's changing in 1.2.1

Surprising thing is this is most likely the first beta version with a 1.2.x number.

Best answers
Vegeta when transformed though has both big bank and final flash. With those strong atacks i think its balanced well. Although i must admit before he goes ssj hes not the best character to use.

Best answers
Mondy said:
Vegeta when transformed though has both big bank and final flash. With those strong atacks i think its balanced well. Although i must admit before he goes ssj hes not the best character to use.
Its not balanced to give them super powerful attacks after they trans if 90% of the time you can't trans with them in the first place. I want to use vegeta as SSJ not for his KI attacks, but for his melee. Sure, other characters are probobly better, but Vegeta is just plain cool. Same for piccolo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Lol...good one, dude. Hehe.

The thing I agree with most is the high powered transformers. Vegeta takes EONS to transform. I always thought the PL gain should be upped a little bit--but only like, 5%-10% tops (and 10 is pushing it).
I feel your pain, he's my favorite character but it's way too hard to trans with him. The other day I was at 180000, and there were about 5 minutes left, so I had to start beam spamming just so I could see the trans before the map changed. I got it off about 10 seconds before it ended. It seems like he loses the most PL when he dies... so just avoid dying -_-. On to the point, the game still kicks ass.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
I feel your pain, he's my favorite character but it's way too hard to trans with him. The other day I was at 180000, and there were about 5 minutes left, so I had to start beam spamming just so I could see the trans before the map changed. I got it off about 10 seconds before it ended. It seems like he loses the most PL when he dies... so just avoid dying -_-. On to the point, the game still kicks ass.
He ususally does loose the most PL when he dies, considering in his base form, hes more powerful than everyone else, because by that point their all transformed. Since he is not, and if he gets killed by someone who slipped out of their trans, he will loose a crapload of PL.

IMO ESF has gone too far into the "graphical" spectrum, and lost the gameplay values of older versions (Alphas). The alphas were simple, and they were the funnest versions of ESF I ever played. Beta 1.0 and 1.1 were boring, and 1.2 is too much of a chore to be fun, for me at least.

Best answers
SoulStriker said:
in the case of piccolo, theres no point in having a transformation when it does jack **** compared to the other transformations (in terms of speed, strength)
Actually, you are wrong. Transforming with any character not only increases your speed, it also improves your ki effiency. Which means you have more ki to burn.
So while your powerlevel might not jump up to match some other characters, by transforming, you put yourself in an almost even playing field. They might have 3 million more PL than you, but if you are transformed, both of your speeds and ki usage will be pretty much even.
In other words, you might transform and only have 3.5 million PL and are fighting someone with 10 million PL, but you'll be moving at similiar speeds (same speed if you are the same character) and ki usage will be similiar (again, same if you are the same character).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom