New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
1,185
Best answers
0
hehe thanks nemo, bow to your coleader!
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
673
Best answers
0
its a pretty dam good map, just one thing i dont like is all da fog... makes me dizzy :S but besides that i give it :yes: :yes: :yes:
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
1,440
Best answers
0
Originally posted by [SSJ]MyStIc
its a pretty dam good map, just one thing i dont like is all da fog... makes me dizzy :S but besides that i give it :yes: :yes: :yes:
fog is the best thing methinks its fun.. hard to see people attacking which makes it challenging :)

keep it up with the maps this is a great one!
 
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
🌠 Staff
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,115
Best answers
0
Hey, I'm having issues getting th3e fog to show. I get a big black area instead. It's probably the fact that voodoo cards aren't really all that compatible with Open GL per se, and even using wicked GL is enough, but I just wanna make sure that's what's wrong.

-Karrde-
 
New Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
36
Best answers
0
from the pic it looks great but the site wont let me download
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2002
Messages
331
Best answers
0
Vashusa: Don't use google use your normal internet explorer i had troubles with google so i turned it off.

I really like this map its great :yes:
 
ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
3,618
Best answers
0
the picture looks pretty good. ill test the map later today :)

and Mr. Nemo, wherd u got that "strong bad" ava from? ^_^
 
Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
344
Best answers
0
yeah...the map is nice!
and the fog really fits this mountain surroundings, but what about posting some more pics, heh?
 
New Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
178
Best answers
0
good map. i like it alot. i'm havin probs wit my maps (see probs w/ compile thread below). keep up the good work!
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
654
Best answers
0
Originally posted by DJ-Ready
the picture looks pretty good. ill test the map later today :)

and Mr. Nemo, wherd u got that "strong bad" ava from? ^_^
Dear Strongbad,

How can you type with your gloves on? Isn't it hard to type without your fingers.

Crapfully yours,
Deleted


The map is great optional...would be better if ppl joined when I make server, but with one person it was pretty good, don't think it will be that great with more than 4 ppl...too crowded. Is there any possibility of a V2 with secret areas or another side to the mountain?
 
New Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2002
Messages
209
Best answers
0
Originally posted by DJ-Ready
the picture looks pretty good. ill test the map later today :)

and Mr. Nemo, wherd u got that "strong bad" ava from? ^_^
at the website uder downloads...hehe


kyle "the yellow dart" smith that'll get you 5 to 10 extra credit points easily
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
1,185
Best answers
0
Originally posted by Brim

The map is great optional...would be better if ppl joined when I make server, but with one person it was pretty good, don't think it will be that great with more than 4 ppl...too crowded. Is there any possibility of a V2 with secret areas or another side to the mountain?

thanks, there is a secret area though :p

if i add more to the mountain, r_speeds would start to get high :/
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
654
Best answers
0
Originally posted by Optional
r_speeds
Grr...I have no clue about anything mapping, but I do know I hate these, whatever they are...

Actually from what I gather r_speeds slow down ?ping? because of too many ?polies? but I dont know...there must be a way...must be...I want a full mountain :cry:

But whatever, I guess I will live with what I have...now to find that damned secret spot...
 

almostdeleted

A
Guest
Wow.. amazing..

Remeinds me where they fought androids in movie 9
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
356
Best answers
0
heh maybee its there too ;)
well i like the map alot.
and yoru right about its a challenging place ;)
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
69
Best answers
0
Originally posted by Brim
Grr...I have no clue about anything mapping, but I do know I hate these, whatever they are...

Actually from what I gather r_speeds slow down ?ping? because of too many ?polies? but I dont know...there must be a way...must be...I want a full mountain :cry:

But whatever, I guess I will live with what I have...now to find that damned secret spot...
r_speeds is basically a count on the number of polygons that are currently being rendered. The more polygons, the more work your video card has to do to show it on your screen. High r_speeds are bad because your video card has to do alot more work and many more calculations. This causes your FPS to drop and will make your game lag. Your ping (connection speed) might not necessarily change, but your computer will lag.

The lower you can get your r_speeds, the better. You just have to find a balance between r_speeds and detail.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top