Timing

Best answers
How do you vets practice timing for melee? I am a newb and would like to know how you guys learned the timing for teleports etc.

V'

Best answers
I just put the hours in, and it came naturaly to me because I was playing a game almost similar to the melee system of esf.

Best answers
practice against the best person on any server doesn't matter how many times he kills you.. you will still be learning

Best answers
I try to get my ass kicked like Elazaul stated. its hard though cuz I just play at random times and sometimes not all that often so does times I suck and sometimes I can be pretty good pending on how often I am playing against who. Havent really been playing in awhile, every now and then.

Best answers
Yeah, getting beat up by good people will improve your skill a lot more than picking on the less skilled.

Best answers
yeah, i tend to fight only the best on the server. Im very persistent, If i think you are good chances are you will never be able to get rid of me unless you change servers. Also alot of the techniques people use online can be easyly copyed if you watch them do it. Its kinda hard to learn a new way to fight from a person when you getting your ass handed to you by them. So sometimes i go spectator and watch people fight inorder to see how they do something, That is how i learn the teleport trick and how to carry my momentum from swooping. Both of these techniques are hard to learn since timing is very important. Bots can only get you so far, but playing against real people will make you better.

Best answers
I do it on lan and on public servers because if you use bot they make you play crapper. I swear i first got these bot and i was owning them got bored played with people and it was a bad day..... after that i never versed another bot again.

This is my theory..... vsing bots only make you better against bots and not people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, just owning ppl on the net o_O
the best practice is accualy getting ownd......cause then when u play against someone else, u soddenly c that your 10 times better/faster.
but i hardly play anyone better then me :(
so i can never get better..lol

Best answers
Actually getting owned is not the best practise. While you getting smashed all you can learn is how to watch your self thats it..... the best training is somone equal to ya.

Best answers
In my opinion you can't really 'train' in this game.

Melee is so ****ing easy,there's totally no deep in this game.
It's all obvious and easy,but i'm not saying its no fun.
(for a hour,then it gets boring,perfect transformpowerlevel SUX)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by x10si0n
In my opinion you can't really 'train' in this game.

Melee is so ****ing easy,there's totally no deep in this game.
It's all obvious and easy,but i'm not saying its no fun.
(for a hour,then it gets boring,perfect transformpowerlevel SUX)
so said the n00b.....
no , j/k, but really, play some of the 1337 players and you will c that there is so much to melee that u never knew of.

Best answers
there is tons of tricks and combos to melee in 1.0
ive descovered most of them by myself

and some of them are very cool.
(Not mentioning any of them)

Best answers
Thanks for the advice you guys, now I am gonna go out and get owned :p :p :p

Best answers
dont go looking for a person who will totally own you, caus then you will just get frustrated if he perfects you every time. i mean the game is primatially about FUN, but yes playing someone substantually more skilled then you is always a fun challenge. Chalenge = very fun.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We should earn something from our flawless performances! For every 200 melee damage we do without taking a hit we should get a 100k PL boost or something like it... I'm all for that!

(Ignore x10, he thinks he is the ultimate master of ESF from the inside out.)

Well, whatever you do, don't stalk me on servers! I get enough of that already! Getting your ass kicked doesn't always make you a better player, though it doesn't hurt (at least it doesn't hurt you). Try to find people around your level when you're on, and if you can't, test out different techniques on different players. You'll never perfect that smash*zanzoken*smash againtechnique if you start out trying it on Bi0 Brolli or Nightshade. First try it on bots or inexperienced players, then work your way up the ladder. Don't follow me around all the time hoping to get lucky (particularly when I'm already in a fight)!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well i like to prac with either sahde or bi0... sometimes mystix but it gtes *** when i prac with him...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
x10si0n , you can't train in any game.... you "play and get better"
melee is fun :D if you know what your doing :p
I don't.... but still have fun! and playing against the best does help you learn.... challenge is alway good.... but getting killed repeatedly without touching the guy.... thats something else :S
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom