Time Limits for Overpowered Beams

Best answers
I was thinking since spamming of overpowered beams seems to be such a problem in ESF servers, maybe there could be a time limit? For example

your SSJ Vegeta and you just used Final Flash: to keep you from spamming it you have to wait something like 20-30 seconds before you can use it again. And as for bigbang, you'd have to wait like 10-20 seconds before performing another action with that attack.

Possibly the same for these other characters as well

Frieza's Deathball: 10-20 second wait after use
Goku's Spirit Bomb: (not the earth style one) 10-20 second wait after use

Generic beams have no time limit, they can be spammed, as well as kamehameha, galick gun, masenko, burning attack, and any other moderate beams.

What do you think of this idea? the time limits can be lowered, but i feel it would be more fair for those who hate spammers so they'd actually have a chance to fight instead of being blown up every few seconds.

Best answers
sounds like an ok idea tho im not really a fan of it. i think they should jus tone some of them beams down cus beams get too overpowered because of turbo so i think they should be toned down a bit wen u use turbo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
starwin said:
Generic beams have no time limit, they can be spammed, as well as kamehameha, galick gun, masenko, burning attack, and any other moderate beams.
Kamehameha is a moderate beam? Thats news to me.

Anyway, sorry, but I'm giving this suggestion a double thumbs-down. I just dont like it.

Best answers
Logan289 said:
Kamehameha is a moderate beam? Thats news to me.

Anyway, sorry, but I'm giving this suggestion a double thumbs-down. I just dont like it.
Quoted for the truth.

Seems like he must be a goku user ^^ kamehameha is very strong especially at ssj its no where near moderate:S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~Dark Trunks~ said:
Quoted for the truth.

Seems like he must be a goku user ^^ kamehameha is very strong especially at ssj its no where near moderate:S
If thats directed at me, then I'm a Frieza user. Not a Goku user >.>

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
If thats directed at me, then I'm a Frieza user. Not a Goku user >.>
No Logan he ment starwin is a Goku user.

Anyhow i dont like haveing it timed. Id rather see the blast rasius reduced.

:no:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really like the idea either. The noobs would spam the forums and march up and down the dev teams' streets with picket signs. It would be chaos and madness for all of the beam lovers.

Best answers
I know that Goku as SSJ his beam is very powerful this is what i was thinking actually:

Generic Beams: weak beams
Kamehameha, galick gun, masenko, etc: moderate beams
SSJ Kamehameha, Finalflash, etc: Strong beams

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Kamehameha is no different from a normal KHH. You just have a higher pl.

If 2 gokues were going to have a KHH power struggle and they were both at the same pl, but only one goku was SSJ, then the KHH power struggle would be even. SSJ would win only because of a better ki range.

So in other words...KHH is the same no matter what form your in.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having a timer is just... lame. Stuff like that is what makes the game feel like a game, and not a real experience. You need something that's "real" to limit your attacks, you know?

"Blast 'em again!"
"I can't! I have enough power, but I have to wait 20 seconds and counting because that's what the programming says!"

It'd just feel stupid... =/

Best answers
I agree, it might reduce beam spammers, but thats on maps like cell games where they continouslly make wishes, and then transform to nearly double their pl. But on normal maps like battle arena, its pointless because i like to do a renzenku with generic beams special, but with that idea id be blasting one beam every 5 seconds. I also enjoy using kamhe alot to ps over and over (your a goku normal fighting a transed trunks, he has more pl and you ps, youll lose most likely and then hed attack again, but i cant react because kahme is my only ability to fast charge.)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually think its a good idea. Unless you're a spammer, you have no reason to be angry that large beams can only be used every so often. When has Vegeta ever used final flash 4 times in a row? When has Goku used his kame against anyone one after the other until his opponent was obliterated? Would have been useful against Cell, but no, it never worked that way. When has Frieza used Deathball more than once on the same planet? Never. So why should we?

Best answers
Well because for one this unbalances game. Goku has one wave attack (kahme) thats even useful. If this were implemented he would be in a ps with a vegeta's big bang. So when the ps finnaly ends goku has to wait so long to recharge, while vegetas already fully charged a final flash. Goku has no way to defend but with a block (but he would be nearly out of ki from the big bang) and even if he wins vegeta can use big bang again and so forth. This idea gives vegeta a huge advantage since he has 3 useful abilties. And like you said about the deathball and everything, in esf deathball does not have much aoe, and really having a cooldown on abilties is pretty stuipid (you can be trying to kahme someone, and then they teleport and your beam goes on and hits a wall, at the same time they charge something. You have no way of defending yourself except teleporting or something, but then you lose ki.)

Best answers
good point but i see where zeonix is coming from. unless u spam all day and are not really much of a melee person then i can see why most of u dont like it. but if ur a melee fighter for the most part then this shouldnt really affect u any.

to kagato my comment wasnt meant towards u it was meant towards starwin we all kno u love to use frieza as ive experienced it first hand, the other day as a matter of fact ;D except under a different alias :rolleyes:.

anyway this is the only way i can honestly see the spamming to stop unless like grega said reduce the blast radius or (my idea) make it so that wen u first shoot a blast its its strongest but if u keep shootin the same big blast over and over the damage gets reduced maybe somthin like a stamina like bar where if u shoot a big beam or somthin it takes a large amount of ur stamina away therfore reducing the amount of big blasts u can do.

Best answers
id like the idea for deathball and Spirit bomb, but server should have option to turn it off. Or has anyone seen Goku load 2 spirit bombs right after another in the show.
As for other beams and balls, i dont like it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually like this idea, in DBZ the characters couldnt suddenly recharge their ki pool DragonDude, this idea seems closer to the show, seeing as how they couldnt shoot a super kamehame wave, recharge, shoot another, recharge, beamjump to the other side of the fighting area because everyone around the person is chasing after him/her now, recharge, shoot another beam etc

but only for signature attacks, not generic attacks

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see no point to doing this, there's other things that can be done to reduce beam spam. Recharging your ki is just about the same as reloading a gun in cs for such an example, you can't do anything unless you have ammo, just like you can't do a thing unless you have ki tp perform it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mhmm. You can run out of ammo in CS. Ive never seen anyone run out of ki...permanently.

Best answers
weaklings complain about beam spamming.... man ffs its not hard at all to avoid a beam and the explosion rang... so stop whine...

Best answers
Uh, 009, I think the main problem is not avoiding a beam or an explosion, it's being spammed by cancelled kamehamehas or high PL Final Flashes that just blow the whole map to kingdom dumb.

While I don't agree with a recharge thing, seeing how there's already a charge up to fire the blast, I wouldn't mind some way of limitting spammers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom