Tienshinhan - Dragonball Adventures

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
its cool.

looks like some1 swuished his torso to his legs though. waist-abs transition looks a bit... compact

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
fingers look a bit long from that screen, could you rotate them, palms facing us, or take a screen from a dif angle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oohh god!! dont render it on a red bg, eye killer. Face is still too skull-like, his hands look like paddles...

Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome man; beautiful renders. I think his colar bone might need to be moved up some.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a few edits which I think will make it look better: Pupil position/shape (all 3), mouth (placeholder).

Best answers
thank you! i'll play with it after and try and come up with something along those lines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No problem. Are you modelling or skinning the pupils on? IMO the latter looks better as they use up no polies so they can be perfect circles.

Best answers
well i want to just texture the pupils in but we need a quick and easy way to animate the eyes..... with a texture you can technically then just animate the UV map i guess... right now its just a low-poly half sphere, i think a texture would look better but might not be able to animate

damn ears! heh
i'll fix them yet!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I didn't realise you were going to/could animate eyes, that's badass! I still reccomend changing the default position to like my pic because DB/Z eyes are like that.

Best answers
yeah, half life 2 has a pretty robust facial animation system, the other models thus far have had seperate pupils... not something i'm used to... The pupils should be much bigger than i have them on tien, i'll see if i can just perhaps use a cylinder flattened down and optimized. The white of the eyes are actually a flat plane so that you could easily animate a simple sphere or cylinder around as the pupil of the eye... hides the clipping
:)

Best answers
Update! nearly final model.

Ok. Raised the collarbone, enlarged the pupils (3d for now, will try to just make it a flat plane texture), redid the back, resized the waist and belt, edited the face to look more like tien. Crits are definitely welcome!

http://www3.telus.net/mikefrost/3D/Tenshinhan/new1_wire.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/mikefrost/3D/Tenshinhan/new2_wire.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/mikefrost/3D/Tenshinhan/front_side_wire.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/mikefrost/3D/Tenshinhan/frontback_wire.jpg

Best answers
Hello.

Very impressive, it's a shame that Earth Special Force cannot contain all the characters...
Oh well, it is still good as it is.

Crazy Demon aka. "ESF Nuub"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
best way to animate the pupils on the eyes, is to model 1 square poly that floats just in front of the eye, texture the pupil on, and alpha map it so the corners are invisible. and move that plain arround.

his hands need a lot of work, both the hand, and the fingers are too long. you should fix that. the ears could have been fixed AGES ago, simply by rotating them back.
his jaw looks weird, probably because it has 2 bends in it, instead of 1 at the back of the jaw.

Best answers
i cosidered that about the square poly but that will still in the end leave a slight gap between the eye and the pupil which may be noticeable. Still an option no less.
and i tried rotating the ears back before which did no good anyways.i will look at the hand though and see what can be done
thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom