Tienshinhan - Dragonball Adventures

Best answers
Hi there! this is my first post in this forum, i was asked to post this here by DBZFever, from over at dbadventures.net. He mentioned that it would be a good way to get some constructive criticism on the models!

This model is based upon the saiyan saga version of Tien - as for crits, i have already checked up on the midsection to have it extended, i have changed and rounded the jawline a bit, and he still has no hands, but i wanted to post these shots anyways for any further recommendations or criticisms. Thus far we also have a Vegeta model coming along, once i have an updated shot of the model available i will post it on this forum as well!

EDIT:

SEE BELOW

Best answers
hey man, pretty nice model, I dont give crits much since im not a expert modeller or anything, but yea you might want to make the ears a tad smaller, they look a bit big too me, but hey I could be wrong but thats all I could fine wrong with the model which didnt mention.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the ears are massive, way too big. Everything else seems to be covered in your first post's list of fixes.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The model is v.nice.
One crit though, the ears are "a-bit" too big...heh.
GJ anyways :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhmm well do you had good refs?

cuz the belt seems at the wrong place O-o" also he seems to small for his arms.. his years looks like at an goblin X_X he´s abit to buckly...

what polycount?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm for this guy you put 2,5k is quite good but with fingers i think you will have 3k umm well anyway can you please select an other "skin" tone? cuz this is to pinky.

Best answers
heh ok - its just a plain flat color, not an actual texture for the model. The end poly count, i am shooting for as low as i can go but i have about 4k max to work with. I figure in the end it will work out to around 3k, and i could most likely optimize in alot of places.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the skin can add detail so there is no need to use polys wich could be removed. also its good to have lower poly because even if its for hl2 you can have a lagless game then when there r low polys ;) (hope ya get my point)

btw. i know that those r polycolors so it wont be hard to change the color ;)

Best answers
definitely know what you mean, i'd sooner have two 2000 poly models than 1 model at 4k. There are alot of details in the pants that i can easily remove and still make it look the exact same.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only crit i notice is the ears still...
They are abit too long and width, could you try shrinking them again? XD

I like it though, GJ!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
his face looks skull like. His eyes are too sunken in, which extrudes the bones a bittt much. Plus the white color of his skin doesnt help too much either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ears are still too big and rounded and they look like weird. The pecs look like they stick out off the chest. His face needs to be more angular and the cheekbones less prominent/defined, he looks like an alien chick ;)

Maybe go for an anime-style one-line-mouth as well, they always look better on anime models.

Check the refs thread for more Tien refs, the face needs it.

Changes: Mouth, skintone, jawline (not well), gave pupils for the hell of it.

Best answers
thank you for the crits! i fixed alot of what you said. The skintone is a moot point because it is just placeholder, not what a final texture would look like at all.
thanks! I'll post a shot later when i get the chance, the face looks a bit better, and the pointyness of the chest has been edited, and i made the pecs stand off the chest a bit more naturallly
i went back over my refs (i have a crapload of tien pics here) and edited the face accordingly, i think he's gettin there
:)
thank you!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Getting there, looking decent.

I take it you are animating Tien to wiggle his ears really fast?

Best answers
wow what ears lol. maybe u should change the ears dont u think, make them smaller.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We should start naming the ears! They are getting very popular XD

The ears stick out too much, that probably gives people the expression they are too big.

Best answers
not a problem, i have since modified the ears, i just dont have an updated shot to show at the moment! i'll use a different shot to reference the ears. The head on shot of tien i had made the ears huge. Its hard to tell what reference to use on these characters because they can sometimes change from episode to episode

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what you mean, as the art style developed as the series progressed, the ears became smaller and less sticky-out, and hidden under hair.

EARS!

Can't wait to see these updated pics (or DBA for that matter ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom