Ki from life when out?

• Yay!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JTR

Best answers
Started 3-4 hours ago.. Only face to go :)
As some may have noticed I often make the same models as Growler.. Just a week after or so..
To be honest Growler is my inspiration... Weve been here almost just as long (I read a lot here.. Just rarely post).. Or started modelling just about the same time... So each time I see his models, I think: "That I can do better" :) And I give it a try.. here goes:

Still head to go.. And some tweaking.. It's 1324 tris now..
Update some time later.. Now Im getting drunk :)

NOTE to Growler:
Please dont take this in any offending(sp?) way... It's not to provoke you..
It's my own little competition.. It's good for practice..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smooth, give him a slice of polys on his wrist so his hands can bend. The rest looks pretty good.

Best answers
Nice,i like it better then dan's attempt lol =p. I see you're using Davidskiwan's reference. Anyway his arms look to big for the ref of his body. His legs look very plain,add some more shape to them.you could do the same with his shoes.

JTR

Best answers
Oh yeah... Sorry.. Credits to Davidskiwan of course for the ref :)
It all fit for the ref... Exacly...

Legs was done in a hurry.. Ill add some detail later...

Thanks and keep the replies comming ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JTR said:
Started 3-4 hours ago.. Only face to go :)
As some may have noticed I often make the same models as Growler.. Just a week after or so..
To be honest Growler is my inspiration... Weve been here almost just as long (I read a lot here.. Just rarely post).. Or started modelling just about the same time... So each time I see his models, I think: "That I can do better" :) And I give it a try.. here goes:

Still head to go.. And some tweaking.. It's 1324 tris now..
Update some time later.. Now Im getting drunk :)

NOTE to Growler:
Please dont take this in any offending(sp?) way... It's not to provoke you..
It's my own little competition.. It's good for practice..
Nice job with it. Those arms are a bit too big along with the hands. The arms are very well detailed, I like it.
However, I am sure you can add some 'poofness' to the pants. Sure, a skin can do alot, as it can define a shape... but without the shape being there, there is of course... nothing to define. His thumb is monsterous as well. If you're going to model the neck veins/muscles (as I can see, you have) they dont converge into one spot like you have them. GJ overall. I desperately need to fix the arms and polyflow on mine :p

JTR

Best answers
UPDATE:

*Added head
*Fixed Neck
*Poly row for wrist
*Tweaked..

Ill detail the pants sometime later :) C&C

- JTR

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice stuff man :O Hope i dont inspire anyone in that way :x no offense growler

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ShadyD said:
Nice stuff man :O Hope i dont inspire anyone in that way :x no offense growler
Ok, whats with the ****ing "no offense, Growler" 's. I really don't need it. Ok, ya, JTR is teh oWN modelor! Seriously, stop ****ing trying to save your offenses. I take offense at what is offending, not some comments from some nubs. Obviously, some practice more than others... that's life.

Anyway...
JTR, that is coming out great man! I love they way you applied those smoothing groups, something I keep forgetting to do. Great polyflow throughout the whole model. Those hands are still bearlike and his arms are still too long. You don't need to model on the middle eye, it can be skinned on. And the poly flow through the middle of the face is too dense. Other than that, cant way to see it skinned (and put in 1.3?)

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
arms are not long...forearms are long!

Pull the biceps down a little and you will have it.

also hands are realy good (the thing most of the people model bad)

infact the whole model looks nice...

keep it up JTR!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks much better, added those joints I see.

Sorry to inturupt your thread JTR, but wtf has gotten into you Growler? Where do you get off going around the forums calling everyone a n00b when you haven't even completed a model and texture? Knock it off...

JTR

Best answers
Dont start anything.. Keep Growler out of this..
It was a simple "comment".. My little practice inspiration :)
And I dont practice much.. I look at other models and draw a bit..
The main practice of mine is done inside my head :)

Well.. Ill scale down the finger thickness and fix the arm length...
It fits the ref perfectly.. almost :)

Keep the C&C coming ;)

Best answers
lookin nice dude, and its not that the fingers are thick, well not just that, but look at it if it had no fingers, itd be like a circle, also dosnt he have armbands?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, whats with the ****ing "no offense, Growler" 's. I really don't need it. Ok, ya, JTR is teh oWN modelor! Seriously, stop ****ing trying to save your offenses. I take offense at what is offending, not some comments from some nubs. Obviously, some practice more than others... that's life.
JTR was explaining that he wasnt making his tien to compete with yours, and you called him a nub for it, not very nice.

ill let you in on a little secret, your only 1 warning away from being perm-banned from these forums. The only reason im not warning you NOW is because I dont feel like being the guy to put the final nail in your coffin.

All I can say is, tread softly, I wont be so generous next time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seriously growler, i have no idea what goes around in that agressive mind of yours :/.. when i said no offense i meant that i didnt want you to feel offended or anything so.. to get this straight saying NO OFFENSE, Offends you...makes sense -_-'
Srry for the off-topic post, just had to say it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then keep it to a PM. Any more off-topic posts will result in warnings. It's a nice model, lets not clog up the thread with personal disputes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom