Tien (Tenshinhan)

Best answers
the details of the face look strange, and the tone looks too pink to me, i dont take it that you are trying to do realism, or are you?

well if you need help neo i would like to give some

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, since you completely ignored me on aim...Try raising the face a bit more.Im seeing a bit too much of his fore head o_O.Oh, and make the skin tone a tad less pink.:D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he cant raise the face, the model is looking down, if he skinned it looking forward, then when the head looks up the face will be looking at the sky haha

Best answers
Oooh, it's coming along nice now. Good looking Tien.
Crits : Try raise the third eye a little bit, it should sit just above the eyebrows. The bottom of the eye should be just in line with the highest part of his eyebrows.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hooray I got around to it. Nice little paintover.

http://www.geocities.com/katagarik/tien.txt
Here you go. Note: That is not an update as many people always seem to assume, it's just a crit made with paint. Anyways to the crits.

The facial crits are there so i'll move to the body. You have a fairly good understanding of the body and muscle groups, but you seem to be afraid of doing any real shading. So your skins lack depth and substance and rely on the mesh to support that. Bad signs ahead unless you learn to curve that.

Second, you don't have a colar bone! What happened? Probably just forgot because thats what alot of skinners do. Believe it or not the colar bone is a very important part to a shirtless character to make the skin sit right on them.

So play with your lighting and shading, message me on MSN or keep posting your work here for crits and i'll keep checking back. Lastly though, just have fun, remember you don't need to make him 100% like Tien, leave a little bit of your own flavour.

Edit * Oh and about the skin color that was just my choice, don't worry about changing your tone it's fine the way it is. I just chose a color and started working with it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh you linked us to a txt file. Did you mean to link us to a bmp?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Linking a .txt from geocities should allow you to view it without having to Copy and Paste it into browser. Just try the link you should see a picture.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Hooray I got around to it. Nice little paintover.

Oh and about the skin color that was just my choice, don't worry about changing your tone it's fine the way it is. I just chose a color and started working with it.

ssj4 vegetto read before u post....:S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rehosted:

I see what your saying, but i dont like those eyes, they look wierd to me, hmm...i want to keep these eyes, but maybe some fugshwai [or w/e its called] will make it look better.

"The facial crits are there so i'll move to the body. You have a fairly good understanding of the body and muscle groups, but you seem to be afraid of doing any real shading. So your skins lack depth and substance and rely on the mesh to support that. Bad signs ahead unless you learn to curve that."

I agree, im afraid to make it all bright and noticable, i will work on that.

"Second, you don't have a colar bone! What happened? Probably just forgot because thats what alot of skinners do. Believe it or not the colar bone is a very important part to a shirtless character to make the skin sit right on them."

I will add that right away, i forgot about alot of little muscles and bones that stand out, like the strechy part on the chest, in between his pex. This is my first shirt off skin, so i got to get used to it cause i enjot it, its a challenge.

"So play with your lighting and shading, message me on MSN or keep posting your work here for crits and i'll keep checking back. Lastly though, just have fun, remember you don't need to make him 100% like Tien, leave a little bit of your own flavour."

Will do ^_^.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
not bad, some parts of the model/skin look a bit off to me tho, but thats just personal opinion :p. Keep going man ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your right, im going to have to redo alot on the chest. And for some reason max makes my skins look pink, in photoshop and milshape it looks like this:

I also edited the face in this one, it has my new mouth and eye edits. Look better?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
download the txt file and open it with paint, if you fix the eyes and the mouth the way the pic tells you to then ull have a good looning skin... also make the tone colour a little darker but not too dark like on that pic

edit: crap you posted b4 i was able to, anyway nice mouth but the eyes still need more fixing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make it smaller? I posted that like 2 hours ago xD.

Best answers
do something a little more like this
think of it as an idea (crapiness do to not skinning for a long time)

i think youre going for realism and well this i believe fits it better

its easier to work with the skin itself

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, that would be better IF i was going for realism, but im not. Its one of those cartoon/realism type things. Its not cartoon, and its not realism. But that is very nice.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think u have 2 make the eyebrows thiner
aslo keep it going ur doing gr8
I cant even imagine me doing that quality like skin :(
I R HEAVY NOOBEH (in skining offcorse o_o)

*edit*

totaly forgot
u dont need to skin the mouth realy good cuz its just closed
it will be open or so cuz I will make teeth
so off with the mouth skin
and I think u need to change those eyes ==> to big and not tienish

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea check this out:

I even made him do the famous vegeta smerk, but i didnt take a pic :\.

I will show more later, im goin to bed.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
remake the scare thingy its realy bad quality
and then skin teh ears :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom