Ticket expired

Best answers
My pall here has trouble with steam : when he wants to join a server steam says that his acount tickit has expired and he needs to type his pasword to reactivate his account but then it still doesn't work and the reason that steam gives is " your ticket has expired"!!! WHAT THE HELL IS A ACCOUNT TICKET?????? :cry: (<---my friend)

Best answers
Just go to your taskbar (bottom right) exit from steam and login again that should fix it. I have the same problem now and again and that seems to fix mine ok.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nash said:
My pall here has trouble with steam : when he wants to join a server steam says that his acount tickit has expired and he needs to type his pasword to reactivate his account but then it still doesn't work and the reason that steam gives is " your ticket has expired"!!! WHAT THE HELL IS A ACCOUNT TICKET?????? :cry: (<---my friend)
does he have a Legit copy of half-life and cdkey?

Best answers
oh oh :D i had this problem when using. hamachi or smthng like that :D a program. with u can go playing in LAN with other ppl who lives on the otherside of the world -.- well when i tryed to join mehh friends server it told me that :p but he could join mine with no problems

Best answers
he already tried alot of times to exit and login again but the same thing keeps hapening

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is your friend signing on to steam more then once?

The only time I got that error is when I signed on to steam more then once at the same time. (I.E Dedicated server, plus playing esf on the same computer)

Just exit out of steam and sign in again. That should fix the problem.

Best answers
dear nash,

tell your friend that all hope is lost for him ....
i had the same problem and there s nothing that can be done about it.

when steam asks him to log in again becouse his ticket has expired,
and when he logs in again , they will tell him that he has been disconnected from the server becuz his steam USER ID has expired .

it doesn't matter if he tries to make a new account , it wont do any good.
he will still be disconnected when playing on esf - servers .

hell, this doesn't have anything to do with a crappy internet connection , it's just that steam sucks!!!!!!!!!!! ;(

see if you can solve this one , dark draken ... :devgrin:

Best answers
Like i said, i had this problem when trying to join a HL2 deathmatch server and i just closed steam and restarted it and an update came up, i let it update exit again and re-logged in and all was fine. I get the message again now and again (not that often) but doing that should fix it. If not then when they release another update for steam it should Auto fix his Steam Ticket ID.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The only time I've run into an issue with Steam tickets was when I was running a CS server here.

When the server was running, if you tried to connect to it using my external IP, you would get the infinite "invalid ticket" login screens. If you used the internal* IP address (router-assigned one), it didn't do anything.

Are you both trying to play from behind the same router or something?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have a real copy of Half-Life? If you do then just log out and log in on your steam account. Sometimes I got a Steam Ticket Has Expired when I used to play Counter-Strike 1.6

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
STEAM ticket expires when the same account is already in use.

As is 2 people use the same account.

Best answers
ahhh... i get these rarely... like once every 2 months... i enter a server, and halfway while its loading up the server, it tells me about this ticket... i never have a problem with this error... i press "OK"... and re-join and it works perfectly fine.

Best answers
Well all of this is true..
unless youre trying to use a virtucal engine of Steam like "Steam-Down" or "SiX-Steam".
then unless you use an original account of HL1 you will keep getting "Invalid Ticket..."
If you arent using any of these then you may try logging out and logging in back to steam.
or just tell your friends to stop using your Steam account^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Kai- said:
Well all of this is true..
unless youre trying to use a virtucal engine of Steam like "Steam-Down" or "SiX-Steam".
then unless you use an original account of HL1 you will keep getting "Invalid Ticket..."
If you arent using any of these then you may try logging out and logging in back to steam.
or just tell your friends to stop using your Steam account^_^
Wrong.

I have an original HL1 account and I don't get that error. Also, multiple people can use one steam account, though I don't know the max total, I've had up to four people use my steam account at once including myself. Now I did get the steam ticket expired error, but it was nothing a little logging out and logging back in couldn't fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom