Throatslit Asassin. WIP

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im currently working on a lil picture with my tablet, i made up the characters and all.. blahblahblah crits 'n comments, blahblah u get the idea.

i know some stuff still looks ghey and thats why its WIP

greetz blabla,

dudeman

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VERY impressive. Some things are out of proportion, such as the hands and arms though.
And I dont think assasins strike head on XD;;

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erp, had to refresh twice but the pic came up, that looks awesome Dudeman, another impressive piece.

Best answers
i think its supposed to be out of proportion there ? look before u speak :D n ways impressive and it looks like they only have sword so the only way he could attack is head on :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice dudeman it looks great to me but one lil crit, the blood on the guys neck needs a bit of work

Best answers
beautiful work you got there, one suggestion is maybe having some blood splattered on the assassin's hair/face, and also i do agree that the arms of the victim look really long

Best answers
hmm..... its a bit awkward. is he slashing the wrong way? not that u CANT not slash like that, but i think the blade is suppose to curve the other way cuz his arm is going from left to right.... right?

its not bad, foreshortening needs a little work though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha linda you noticed!

my original idea was that he grabbed the victim and was yet going to slash, but i just had this urge to make blod so i made it "move" the other way..

also, ill see what i can do about the arms of the victim..

thanks alot for the positive comment,
greetz,

dudeman

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's pretty cool, I like the style. Did you use Painter for that? Or did you just smudge a lot?

Best answers
I like it, it looks very... ouch. I really respect the dynamic take on the angle. It takes a lot of moxy to do things like that, and I'm glad you chose to challenge yourself. The perspective is a little off, most noticeably on the knife. The angle of the plane it's on is different than the plane of the slash thus making it very difficult to cut. At this point the perspective is my largest concern, the rest looks like it may work itself out as you refine.

Here's a suggestion, whether you take it or not is totally your call. My understanding is that it's nigh impossible to cut a throat from the front unless you're using surgical tools, in other words a scalpel (or a large enough weapon with enough inertia). Apparently the best method for cutting a throat is from the rear. You stab into the side of the neck just behind the trachea, blade facing forward. Then with a sawing motion you push through the front of the neck. This serves a dual purpose: 1) It severs the artery. 2)The blood drains into the throat cavity preventing you from screaming and suffocating you at the same time. Thus it's cleaner and makes less noise.

I do really like the angle on this though, so I don't think that's an issue.

Best answers
haha oh gawd........ thats pretty disgusting to think about.... errr maybe just disturbing. do u study this type of stuff..... like medical books or somewat?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grusome but stylin at the same time

gotta like it

Retired
Best answers
yeah quite good, I kinda like the outta proportion to be honest

(check out animatrix 'Kid's story'. a lot of things go out of proportion but it looks great). and MrDomino, it's a very good way to kill someoen indeed...but not quite clean ;) like you said 'it severs the artery'.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thank you all so much for all these comments, you have no idea how good it feels.

MrDomino, ur right about the angle, i recently went messing around with them, i like the camera to be close to the action but still having a full view on the entire scene, alot of stuff went out of proportion indeed, thats why i still have a long way to go.

about the angle of the blade, i have tought that one out, when you hold a knife and make that movement, you'll find theat at the end of the movement your change the angle, sort of automatically.

I didnt do the usual "attack from the back" assassin movement, since its so horribly overused.

Oh and mastasurf: its 100% Photoshop, alot of smudge involved indeed.

Once again thanks everyone, keep up the comments.

Greetz,
dudeman

###UPDATE###

Retired
Best answers
nice nice, some minor changes but they did change the whole pic a bit. also made it a tat darker which appeals more to the eye imo. good job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DUDE! AWESOME! wtf! vewwy kewl!
i like the foreshortning ,even dough thats the only point that needs some work imo when the foreshortning is fixed, the propertions wil seem good to, im sure of it.
awesome dude.
the left hand of the left guy needs ome work dough, but you managed to make youre own verry cool style, GJ dude, i wub it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the dagger is the wrong way, by the way i looks it looks like he slied him with the dull part of the dagger, so the hook part (dull) went through his neck, when it should be the other side. Its not big, it doesnt ruin the pic, i still think it looks cool.

Best answers
'Throatslit' sounds like way too awkward and 'made-up' a word to me. Cutthroat sounds much better. And besides, that's hardley a slit by any means, lol, so a cut seems to fit the bill. But it also doesn't seem too assassin like. I know the 'back attack' is very cliche, but thats because it works. This looks to me just like some crazy guy who runs up and ripped someones throat out with the wrong side of a blade. Plus, the color purple doesn't do the whole 'Assassin' thing for me, especially the purple hair. I hope I didn't sound too harsh, its good overall, just too strange....

Best answers
the dagger may be the wrong way but if he rubs it out he will have a hard job drawing it back :), but it just means that next time he has learnt from his mistakes and he will do it right (not saying the way u dun it is not right :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom