Thoughts

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I've never spilled my guts like this, but I guess I feel like it.

So I'm a normal guy. I've dated girls since high school, when I lost my awkwardness around them. Then I go off to college, single and excited (read: horny). Then in one of my first classes ever, this girl walks in. I couldn't stop staring at her - her eyes, her hair, the way she moved, the way she talked. I had to force myself to look forward, so I didn't look like a creepy loser. I had to talk to her. I forced some bull**** conversation after class and got her name. She seemed to like me at least as a friend because she invited me to dinner with her and a friend (that friend later became my best friend). So, time goes on, and eventually I started dating her. It is weird though because I could not stop thinking about her. It made me awkward in social situations (I was awkward before, but I'd never ****ed up so badly so often). Unsurprisingly, she dumped me not long after that.

For the next two months, I could not stop thinking about her. It hurt a lot. I got over it, and things went back to normal. The thing is though, every time I see a hot/cute girl now, I think "oh, she's pretty." But, I never ever have got the same reaction when I first saw that girl in my class. Ever. All the girls I've dated since then (I'm a junior now), none of them made me feel as attached to them as I was to her.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Did it happen to you more than once?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It happened to me once. The first loves are always hard, and you'll get over it and hopefully learn from your mistakes with the next one. My first crush ended very badly for both of us. She lost a freind, and I grew so completely sick of her I couldn't even say good bye to her, which I know hurt her. But these things do happen, and you will find someone else. I'm glad I skipped over her, because I found someone much better down the road. So will you, and you'll hear the "other fish in the sea" comments like this, but you won't believe it till you do actually find that other fish.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been in a steady relationship for 2 years.
were inlove, were doing great.
plans of living together etc.

but each time I see this girl I feel in love with when I was 14, I still feel.. heartbroken and in love.

Guess some things don't change.
but it just gets easier as time goes by..

I remember when I was 14, we had a good weekend together during camp, and the next few months I was totally heartbroken cause apperently she already had a bf and she cheated with me on him but she wanted to stay with him in the end. :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay, I have my original account back, thanks Diebythesword...

Anyway, I've been over her for a long while (it's been two years since I dated her). I just think about the moment I first saw her, and well, I don't know if I'll feel like that again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good, you shouldn't. Love does nothing for you but instead, brings harm and suffering.

Sure, 1 night relationships are good and all, but why waste time to something like that when in the end, it'll just end up like the other relationships there have been.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had that "Oh lawd, she's the one" feeling during middle school. The feelings were there, the attraction was there. Then one night I was walking her home and she told me I didn't have to walk her all the way. So she began crossing under the "Gowanus", which is basically an overhead highway that rises above the surrounding apartment buildings, got hit by a bus, died instantly. Haven't felt much since. I still date, but not with the intention of it ever going anywhere.

On a lighter note, that feeling we all seem to share could be exactly what Cuc described, which hopefully means we'll all find that really special someone at some point, and we won't be able to blame it on inexperience and youth.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had that "Oh lawd, she's the one" feeling during middle school. The feelings were there, the attraction was there. Then one night I was walking her home and she told me I didn't have to walk her all the way. So she began crossing under the "Gowanus", which is basically an overhead highway that rises above the surrounding apartment buildings, got hit by a bus, died instantly. Haven't felt much since. I still date, but not with the intention of it ever going anywhere.

On a lighter note, that feeling we all seem to share could be exactly what Cuc described, which hopefully means we'll all find that really special someone at some point, and we won't be able to blame it on inexperience and youth.
Holy **** Nixanthros, that bus part caught me by complete surprise. I'm sorry to hear that - that could not have been easy to deal with.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

jesus zeo. at least put some build up into it. i nearly toppled my computer desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom