thoughts on the pics...... post here

Best answers
erm, hi, im ersen the creator of that vegeta, erm, i think it may be the pose that is putting you off , heres a older pic,

and my names Ersen or Turk not ersens lol

(EDF team, please post new pictures with a decent pose, just the T position pose, i makes the model look weird liek this)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I luv the map

bout the model, I only have a problem with his chin, it's like a triangle shape

Best answers
Originally posted by -=[SSJS]=-P.A.T
you stupid dumb ass...there's almost no way that this model or map could be better
The models are ok, but thats a bit of a bold statement.

The model of the body is good, but it lacks definition of a neck, it misses curves in the receding hair line. The jaw is too triangular and flat, the hair needs spikes at the back instead of being totaly flat. The diggers/sideburns are too wide.

On the skin, the bum is too defined, alond with the stomach, which if you look closely looks more like a pregnant woman because of the highlighting.

Pat, dont call me a dumb ass. You obviosly have little or no knowlage about modeling. I only put mine their as an example. I said in my post its only my second model and I cant save it, meaning I cant work on it for extended periods of time because it just gets borring and worthless.

Ok look at this pic.

www.geocities.com/urbanunion/vegetavvegeta.gif

now please tell me that the model on the left looks like the ref pic on the right.... It dosnt. The model in the middle (Mine) looks so much more like it. Im only pointing this out to you so you can improve on it for everyones benifit.

Give modelers critz, not blatent lies and suck ups.

Originally posted by -=[SSJS]=-P.A.T
Team keep this track going and this will be the best mod ever (btw it already is :p)
Pat, your blatently just an arse licker, trying to get respect from the team by sniffing some fo the good old brown.

Scruffie

S
The pose must have been what was putting me off. Definetley.

Right Fusion, good points. Now, haven't you just cut and pasted that face? Thats cheating ain't it?

And that is the most triangular face I've ever seen! I didn't even notice it until now... fix that. Level it off at the bottom and DEFINE THE MOUTH LINES. There. I said it.:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Big Vs lookiung wiked today. The map looks great too. Cant wait.....

Best answers
Originally posted by Scruffie

Right Fusion, good points. Now, haven't you just cut and pasted that face? Thats cheating ain't it?
No, the skin is the 1 from the ref pic, look

www.geocities.com/urbanunion/vegeta2.gif

its meshed onto the face, see you can get the model to look just like the anime it just takes a bit of time and care and its worth it in the end product.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i think theres to much hair :S

Scruffie

S
No, Fusion, I meant that you had just meshed the Ref pic onto the model.

At least I think that's what your getting at. Thats what it looks like anyway.

Best answers
Its called Constructive Criticism, Fusion has a few points, but I do like the model myself, and maybe it could be ALITTLE tweaked, but not toooo much

Best answers
Originally posted by -Fusi0n-

The models are ok, but thats a bit of a bold statement.

The model of the body is good, but it lacks definition of a neck, it misses curves in the receding hair line. The jaw is too triangular and flat, the hair needs spikes at the back instead of being totaly flat. The diggers/sideburns are too wide.

On the skin, the bum is too defined, alond with the stomach, which if you look closely looks more like a pregnant woman because of the highlighting.

Pat, dont call me a dumb ass. You obviosly have little or no knowlage about modeling. I only put mine their as an example. I said in my post its only my second model and I cant save it, meaning I cant work on it for extended periods of time because it just gets borring and worthless.

Ok look at this pic.

www.geocities.com/urbanunion/vegetavvegeta.gif

now please tell me that the model on the left looks like the ref pic on the right.... It dosnt. The model in the middle (Mine) looks so much more like it. Im only pointing this out to you so you can improve on it for everyones benifit.

Give modelers critz, not blatent lies and suck ups.

Pat, your blatently just an arse licker, trying to get respect from the team by sniffing some fo the good old brown.
your a complete idiot... your model looks like the pic, cuz you used the pic for the freakin skin... your face is made up of like two polies, and even though it may not look EXACTLY like the anime, thats a good thing, because its more realistic... i have more modelling knowledge then you will ever have and im making the right judgement here, not just kissing ass...

Best answers
gimme a break fusion, you do a good full vegeta, i mean your heads fine but u cant cut corners liek you did. my models 3d, your is flat, try making your one 3d and see how hard it is while keeping it 1000-1100 polys.

i still havent had a chance to touch the model up yet anyway

Scruffie

S
Will someone here please address the lack of definition on the bottom of the face?

Best answers
hey, your full models great. Im not saying its ****. The face could be alot better though with skin tweaks (which you dont do) but also with ajustments with where your cheek bone and back of the jaw bone you have placed.

And my model is flat, because as I say, I worked on that for 30 minutes. Im not going to make a custom skin for it because I cant save the model and work on it in seperate sessions.

Yes I did mesh to ref pic onto my model, but if I did make my own model id make my own skin, but id layer that over the ref pic so I could get the eye dimensions etc (And the curve in the hair) correct.

Best answers
Yes Vegeta looks quite good. I cant wait to see all of these models in the game. They are gonna look great. Keep up te good work team :)

Best answers
Originally posted by -Fusi0n-
hey, your full models great. Im not saying its ****. The face could be alot better though with skin tweaks (which you dont do) but also with ajustments with where your cheek bone and back of the jaw bone you have placed.

And my model is flat, because as I say, I worked on that for 30 minutes. Im not going to make a custom skin for it because I cant save the model and work on it in seperate sessions.

Yes I did mesh to ref pic onto my model, but if I did make my own model id make my own skin, but id layer that over the ref pic so I could get the eye dimensions etc (And the curve in the hair) correct.
30 minutes for like 5 polies? o_O

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great model cool picks awsome skin pimpin map.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he has a neck, the blue is covering over it..
Also, why do you guys even care about the face? You wont notice it ingame, which is what really matters.

Best answers
does anyone even understand the difference between models and skins?????

the model is amazing, it looks fantastic, end of story.

its the SKIN that needs improvement... everything looks fine except the face, its so triangular and pointy, and, like i said, he looks like an old man....

so Ersen cant do anything about that, its mastasurf who we should be whining to :p :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom