Those swoop trails...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just played a game on the ESF World server (server #2 I believe) and they had the serverside swoop trails we heard about in ESF Chat. They looked badass and true to the show.

I know it's non-essential eyecandy but in a 3v3 server where everyone was whoring basic melee to death and chainswooping everywhere, my maximum fps drop was 2. To put that into a relavant context, I lose about the same when two people charge kamehameha's at the same time.

I see reasons why it should be in, I can't think of any why it shouldn't. The trails exist already as it is so it wouldn't be much work to have them officially included.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
yus! unfortunately its hard to convince hars to implement something new .. even small stuff (perhaps especially small stuff >_>) *looks ar hars*
and if it wont be in 1.3 ... i just keep using my plugin XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..plugin?

Please share this interesting piece of information.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it publicly available, or exclusive to ESF World servers?

And dude, have a talk with harsens. If you already have the plugin then surely the only work involved would be to integrate it into the code as a cvar?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this trail thing your talking about is a sprite. It should be a server side thing so it can be deactivated if it is to be implimented. Cuz if it's a sprite, and you have a room with 10 people or even 8 your FPS can go down, and you'd see these lines everywhere.

(though it would be easier to follow people)

Honestly i'm not too fond of the idea. But it really doesn't matter.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy it works very well on boeath ESF world servers. I get more FPS drop from standard kiblasts than the tail ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would be nice eye candy
but it would rape your fps
Maybe someone (Hars) could make it into one of those "default off" special effects that can be turned on in the options menu if you can spare the FPS

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it could be an optional thing like 24-bit textures are , ever thought of that ?

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
yus! unfortunately its hard to convince hars to implement something new .. even small stuff (perhaps especially small stuff >_>) *looks ar hars*
and if it wont be in 1.3 ... i just keep using my plugin XD
:( :( :( Harsens u are holding back aren't joo =P *If he would only listen 2 Dj-ready Esf would rock* :S :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me said:
And dude, have a talk with harsens. If you already have the plugin then surely the only work involved would be to integrate it into the code as a cvar?
That means clientside variable, you can disable it at any time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If this doesnt get included, it can easly be done with messages :p
Its a 2-3 kb .amxx file
If team or mista' Raven won't do this, I'll do it.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
whops, i almost forgot to put the plugin to esfw haha
its supposed to be available to the public already since a while
however, ill add it within a few days.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^ W00t \o/

I still think it should be part of ESF's code but this is good. Does this mean I can have swoops trails on any server I join provided i'm running the plugin, or just my server and the other servers that are running the plugin (ESF-World)?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
^ W00t \o/

I still think it should be part of ESF's code but this is good. Does this mean I can have swoops trails on any server I join provided i'm running the plugin, or just my server and the other servers that are running the plugin (ESF-World)?
Plugins you have only work on your own server. So if the server doesn't have it, then you cant see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom