this place dieing?

Best answers
just thinking about it, whats going on here? anyone looking forward to anything? any ESF updates people are ranting about?? i dunno any of this cause i rarly play ESF, but the way i see it these forums are slowly dieing, sure there are a heap of members and im prob going to get flamed to hell (sad) but i couldnt care less... it seems that what ever someone says, what ever someone shows its bad to do so? i feel there could be far too many rules around here, mayb its just me and i need to move on to some more mature forums, im not too sure, but ive been a member on these little community when it was a little community and i feel things have gone pear shaped,

its gotten to the stage now that im not up for posting anything because it'll be closed... not alot of people on here agree with my opinions, i read something about if you smoke/drink you are an idiot oO....? uh grow up seriously, this sorta things just annoyed me, so i figured i would reply but to see it was another dead thread closed sorta annoyed me, in the artwork section its the same old thing... rate this wallpaper... rate this sig.... look at this anime picture i made... you think we could spice things up a little?? make things more interesting? a competition? sig wars or sumit i dunno.

I just dont want to be bored here anymore,
flame me if you feel its needed, and if this thread is closed then im out for good..... :no:

-SaN ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And by more mature forums you mean ones that allow you to cuss or flame without punishment? I think these forums are very well staff'd, and I believe they'll last for a long time due to that. I really doubt you'll leave if they close this thread. The most you'll do is log out of your account and only view the forums as a guest.

Best answers
Smith| said:
The most you'll do is log out of your thread and only view the forums as a guest.
LMAO, I bet there are many like those.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm.. Well, I do believe ESF as a game, is dying. The longer this broken version, 1.2.1, is the most current, less and less people will play as time goes on. With the team's lack of interest in developing, 1.3 looks like it will be the final version of ESF, if it's ever completed.

As for the forum itself.. There are a lot of 'DBZ fanboys' or 'ESF fanboys' that read the forum, and maybe they'll leave eventually, but the actual 'community' here is connected by people they know, not what they play. I don't think the forum will dissolve so easily, even if ESF dies.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have a point yes. But it's not the person that created the threads fault (unless it's in a sticky, or the questions been answered, or if it's against the AUP) it's the people that flame the threads, start arguements. You also have to understand that the people now joining the forums, they are young, or are new. Many people left esf. Yet many people joined.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With the Artwork/Signature and Fan Fiction sections thriving, there is no way that this place is dying. People who are more focused on the game, instead of the community might be leaving... but that doesn't stop people from registering here almost everyday.

Best answers
its b/c of me and the other young people hehe messing up teh forums rading our spams though out the word! :devgrin:

Best answers
hmm yeh, i know we have to see that things are ok for the younger viewers but by more mature i didnt mean curse of swear, that wasent even in my mind! I meant the thread about the boy who is in jail for smoking.. then there was post after poast after post about how the boy is an idiot for drinking etc.. thats exactly what i meant by more mature not swearing. Dunno but i do like most people here just some things seem to annoy me, and things i find funny or interesting, im not aloud to inform you guys through these boards, thats what im talkin bout

-SaN

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
crazykorean10 said:
its b/c of me and the other young people hehe messing up teh forums rading our spams though out the word! :devgrin:
I agree :\ If esf 1.3 is a final version or even if 1.2.1 is, i wouldnt care. ESF team has spent 4 years of there spare time making and tweaking there game. They spent countless hours of there lives working hard for alot of pricks who didnt care what it took to make the mod, all they wanted was the mod in there hands. As for the forums, i highly doubt they will die, if the do it wont be in the near future. There are alot of sections that are still very active. ESF as been around for 4 year and counting, i wouldnt cut them short.

Best answers
Hmmm ive seen many generations of users join, and eventually leave to go on to do greater (or lesser) things.

The forum isn’t "DYING" its just going through a natural phase where ppl are leaving, and the new ones haven’t arrived.

But if you ask me, this place has been dead since 1.8 alphas, those were the great days around here, and I miss the ppl who left.

And sweetie pie, ESF-fanboys ARE the Community, how do you think ppl got here? The excellent food? What your thinking about are the Vets, and there isn’t many around anymore I think around 4-6 that haven’t been turned to staff or dev

dont be quick to judge your fellow "ESF-fanboy" if you plan to stick around long enough, they actully might turn into someone with higer authoritiy then you (looks at deman, proz, hwo, magus, & ect) just to name a few of my examples

to tell you the truth i havent even played ESF for atleast a year, and i still hang out in the #ESF chat

Best answers
if i had stayed there could have been i high chance id have been staff by now, as you said most of the staff at the mo where here after me.. which is why i was getting annoyed when they started to close my threads... like a pupil punishing a teacher? the title for this thread just got a conversation started which was what i wanted becuase most of my threads just die after 1 or 2 posts, which made me post this in the first place. I used to be respected? where'd that go..? lol

-SaN

Best answers
well i dont remember you so um . . . i cant comment if you were respected, or where it went.

and the analogy that a pupill punishing a teacher, would be if you got admin, cuc retired, and you started to beat him

and the chance of you being on staff is iffy, ive been here since the begining, and i havent been drafted YET

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Respect has nothing to do with the anything you seem to be worried about. I joined a month after you did, but my activity and efforts, compared to yours, are reflected in my post count. If this thread was an attempt to question the Senior Moderation Staff on why they haven't selected you as a mod.

Then a PM would have been better suited for this "personal" issue you seem to have with them.

Best answers
*EDIT*

Wo wo... im not saying i want on the staff at all im saying i probally would have been by now, this thread wasent designed for making me on the team at all, so i wouldnt say it was a total personal issuse... :\

iffy... HSU!? i was around before him... well im pretty sure i was, back in the day of Dudeman and his cheesy home made DBZ movies, i doubt many of you would remember that.. i dont remember you either, but ive been here from the start as well.. even tho my registed date seems to disagree. MOst of the mods here.. ive been here longer, infact the only member i truly remember is Hibiki... New Akuma? changed names so many times...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quality over quantity. You're expecting to be judged based on your register date? Listen, bud, this isn't the SoS forums. Perhaps if you had refined your quality of posts you may have been on the team by now, maybe not.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I checked your profile and only 4 out of 25 threads have been "officially" closed.

If this an outlash to get back at them for closing your Gangsta Song 18+ thread. Then you are proving another reason, including your level of activity, why they haven't selected you as a mod.

Best answers
listen do i need to put this in bold so you can actually read it? I DONT WANT ON THE TEAM! Im talking about saying i could have been on the team, im not saying i want on the team! IN fact this thread has no relation to that at all!..... This is no outlash at all! as if you read that thread it said at the start... "Im not sure if this is aloud or not" etc, so i expected this, i was statin that the rules are strighter here than they used to be back in the day of the real ESF... ¬_¬...

And Smith, .. im not even going to start.. im sick of this, someone close it so i can leave? ... think i'll just follow chimpbot, he was realistic

-SaN

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THE ONLY THING DYING IS THE SOUL OF JESUS WHICH I USED TO CONSTRUCT MY GARAGE!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
THE ONLY THING DYING IS THE SOUL OF JESUS WHICH I USED TO CONSTRUCT MY GARAGE!!!!!!!!!
congratulations you managed to piss the **** outa me again... someone close this thread a.s.a.p.. my point was read and there is no need for this anymore... worst thing is,, i dont even know you

-SaN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom