this is for all the admins, mods...

Best answers
what is off-topic for? i mean...isnt it for....OFF-TOPIC STUFF?! its a place where u can say whatever u want (with some boundries)! isnt it??? cause if not then u can just delete this section! cause i have seen lots of threads that got closed with no reason i could c right! so what is this section for if not to just talk??

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, but the majority of the threads I have seen are either advertising, which isn't allowed.

Or if someone asks a question and the question gets answered.
Then the thread will only serve as a place for spam after that.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This section is for anything pretty much that doesn't violate the ESF forum rules. As evil_trunks said, things like advertising will get closed on site as that's just not tolerated. Also, warez talk and such is another easy way to get a thread closed. However, I'd say the biggest problem is derailed threads. Even though this is off topic, threads still have a particular off topic topic. A lot of times they get so far off topic that the thread has to be closed. Either that or it degenerates into spam/flame wars. Either that or a topic is closed to prevent a forseeable spam/flame wasr.

-Karrde-

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Off Topic is not a license for spam, some people forget that. If you break any of the forum rules in a thread, it's a target for moderation.

Off topic does require some leniency, but the basic courtesy and netequette needs to stay intact.

Best answers
i know about what evil_trunks said....but tell me this. is my last thread (not this 1) a spam? i wrote that i was amazed to find out that in an episode in DBZ when goku faught pikkon, after they moved the scene to the "real" world, the voice which said that 7 years had past was cell. is this a spam? i wanted to share it with u guys...nothing to do with esf, so i put it in off topic. wont cause any flame, and i dont c that as a spam!

Best answers
I have a question. Awhile ago I made a thread about how the esf servers suck. I was told by a mod that I should get some esf forum goers together and play on a server. How would you expect me to go about this w/o advertising? You would expect me to PM 20 or so people ADVERTISING this suggestion or just post it on Off-Topic. Because either way its still advertising, just one way is far more ridiculous than the other.

Best answers
u can do something like that without advertising - post on the forum if some1 can help u with something (like modeling) and then if some1 says yes, pm him and ask him. that's not advertising. and getting ppl together to play on a server isnt advertising. a lot of ppl do that on the forum

Best answers
Are you a mod? I'd like a mod to answer me whether or not I be allowed to advertise this?

Best answers
im not a mod....but im telling u that what i told u to do is not advertising so u can do that. but who am i to answer that...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't really advertising, if you notice, we let clans recruit.

What isn't allowed is johnny too-cheap spaming about his mod/website asking for help/users.

Best answers
cucumba - what about my thread? what i wrote a few posts up....can u call that a spam?

Lid

L
well maybe my post was spam, but silently closed the entire topic... so he must've thought that the topic as a whole was spam

Best answers
That is spam, no1 really cares about it, its just a waste of space but if you want it opened for spam then tell me to re-open it

Best answers
i aggree with sts..........
he makes very good points twords this section.

and as for advertising........ what do u mean?
i could advertise my site if i wanted to.

http://planetdbz.gotdns.com

but im not going to make a whole topic over it.
this section is for stupid stuff for mabe like, game webpages, and stuff irrevelvant to esf.

so. if we cant advertise, whats the point of this section..........eh?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advertising cost the forum money, money that is not going towards ESF users discussing ESF things. Offtopic is a nice present, but advertising is a bad idea, since other places charge for it . . . don't post it here, the policy will never change.

Best answers
**** /.... how the hlel does it cost you guys money?!
if it does ill make a special esf off topic board then......... jesus..................

\

or you guys can have ppl pay your 50 cents for each advertisement :-\

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by mysticssjgoku4

if it does ill make a special esf off topic board then......... jesus..................

You go do that... just make sure not to post the link on the forums as that would be advertising :rolleyes:

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROTFL, you should ask Greg how much he pays for this board . . . and no one ever pays.

Needless to say, he doesn't mind footing the bill, and you shouldn't mind following his rules.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Our gracious host, Greg, pays for these forums. And pays a nice sum. So the forums and website both have to be posted and paid for.

That's why we don't like people spamming, racking up the cost for bandwidth and such

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom