brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;m_mDTLphIVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY[/video]

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** you, this is 'merica, we speak English. If you want to live here, learn it. **** your first amendment right.
Is it sad if I actually believe in that? My town has a bunch of multi-cultured people, and it just annoys me to see letters and crap getting sent to us and seeing 5 different pages, each with different languages.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Is it sad if I actually believe in that? My town has a bunch of multi-cultured people, and it just annoys me to see letters and crap getting sent to us and seeing 5 different pages, each with different languages.
Is it sad that this nation was founded on the idea that people could come here without fear of their race or ideals and people can't seem to figure out that it's not a big deal that something like a drivers test or something you get in the mail is in a few different languages. What do you care? It's got an English one, so just don't read the others.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well my problem is that Spanish is supposed to become a REQUIRED COURSE in school in the next few years due to it being the second most spoken in the U.S

I just don't feel that's right. Kinda like how English is required in most Asian cultures to be taken to graduate, I don't find that right either. I dunno, sure, I'm racist, but you know, if you come to a country, have the decency to speak it's language. If I moved to Spain, I'd learn Spanish. There are literally cases off parents sending angry letters to the schools for telling their kids they have to learn / speak English while in school, and that they think it's crazy that some teachers don't know Spanish. That's my main problem. It just seems very rude.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well my problem is that Spanish is supposed to become a REQUIRED COURSE in school in the next few years due to it being the second most spoken in the U.S

I just don't feel that's right. Kinda like how English is required in most Asian cultures to be taken to graduate, I don't find that right either. I dunno, sure, I'm racist, but you know, if you come to a country, have the decency to speak it's language. If I moved to Spain, I'd learn Spanish. There are literally cases off parents sending angry letters to the schools for telling their kids they have to learn / speak English while in school, and that they think it's crazy that some teachers don't know Spanish. That's my main problem. It just seems very rude.
There's just one thing I'd like you to know. You are my least favorite person on this forum. It was Damaera, but you take the cake. Like if Hilter was a registered user and frequented this forum, I'd like him more than I like you.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think what FP is trying to say is that attitudes like the one you hold don't lend themselves to respect, nor should they for that matter. I say this with all sincerity, active disdain is the only reply that is resonable.

You have to take a Spanish course? Boo ******* hoo, man up and learn it, it will be good for you. You don't like getting 5 pages of different languages? What kind of ****ty selfish world do you live in? Do you know what would suck more? Not being able to read anything because you don't read or speak English.

If people who immigrate to this country don't learn English, their offspring do. Immigrants in our country integrate into society better than any other country in the world. The Muslim population in England are practically living in a different country for example

As for other countries having to learn English, it's simple. One of the reasons they teach their children English because English is becoming the language that two people of different languages use to communicate. For example, a person from France and a person from Spain might not have the same native language, but they both will speak and be able to communicate in English. India is fractured in terms of language, but everyone shares the common bind of knowing English.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I went to Mexico, I didn't get the option of English. Pure Racism. :(

Same thing happened when I went to Canada.... Some Shoe salesmen tried selling boots or something.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I totally agree, man. I can't believe people are alright with having to learn multiple languages which really only serves to increase your pay in most careers, improve your ability to communicate with people throughout the world and broaden your horizons. **** that mess, right?

Remember that time when being intelligent and having knowledge of the world and its peoples wasn't considered a hindrance? That was pretty cool. Pretty cool if you want to live during the Enlightenment or some ****! Amirite, MK? **** yeah. High five!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's wrong with Spanish or French?

You can make money with Mexico or Quebec.

Silly rabbits.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

In that case i demand English be removed from all schools of all countries where English is not a native language.

Im no fan of spanish as a language. To many details in pronunciation (same reason why i would never learn french or italian and i have nightmares from all the listening about soap operas from my grandma which were all in spanish and every single one of them had a god damn Fernando >.<) , but if you have to learn it in school, them either do it or move elsewhere.

Personally id rather see more of the worlds languages being taught in school and lass of the crap they make kids learn by default only to fill up the missing hours between "needed" and "number of hours gotten from required stuff"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Norway, you have to learn a third language in all non-vocational high schools. Don't ***** about Spanish, it's an easy language. No es dif?cil.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
In that case i demand English be removed from all schools of all countries where English is not a native language.

Im no fan of spanish as a language. To many details in pronunciation (same reason why i would never learn french or italian and i have nightmares from all the listening about soap operas from my grandma which were all in spanish and every single one of them had a god damn Fernando >.<) , but if you have to learn it in school, them either do it or move elsewhere.

Personally id rather see more of the worlds languages being taught in school and lass of the crap they make kids learn by default only to fill up the missing hours between "needed" and "number of hours gotten from required stuff"
Are you serious? English has around 8,000 different pronunciations. Spanish has around 100. It's much easier to pronounce Spanish than it is English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWN9rTc08GU

You can't do this with any other language except maybe a few times, and they're generally justified. But the English language is definitely the worst out of all of them. So stop *****ing about learning an incredibly easy language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom