This happened right outside where I work.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Cape Coral Police are working on details surrounding a hit-and-run accident at Del Prado Boulevard and Kismet Parkway.

At around 1:21 p.m. today, Cape Coral Police received a call about an accident/hit and run, according to Connie Barron, Cape Coral Police spokeswoman.

A 3-year-old child was struck by a vehicle and has been air-lifted by MedStar in critical condition.

Traffic is being rerouted down Northeast 23rd Street while police investigate the incident.

Officials have not released any information as to why the child may have been in the area nor whether the child was accompanied by an adult or other person.

The child was struck in the area where construction crews are replacing bridges along Del Prado Boulevard.

Todd Sheridan, a construction worker, tried to help the toddler.

“I was working at the intersection when I heard a bang,” Sheridan said. “The car was traveling northbound on Del Prado and he struck the child and drug it for 20 yards and then headed east on Kismet.”

Sheridan saw the child was bleeding and he picked the child up and carried him to his truck.

“He was in pretty bad shape,” Sheridan said. “His head was bleeding and his leg was messed up.”

Police are looking for a late 1980s brown or maroon Chrysler New Yorker four door with a vinyl top, tinted windows and missing driver’s side hubcap.

The driver is described as a heavy set older male with a white beard and wearing wire rimmed glasses. The driver may be a frequent visitor to the area who is involved in construction activity.

Police are asking anyone who sees the vehicle or to report any information they may have to 574-3223 or CrimeStoppers at 800-780-TIPS.
Source: http://www.news-press.com/article/20081007/NEWS0101/81007051/1003/ACC

This is pretty mind boggling for me. Generally when things happen like this, they're never anywhere near where I live.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sucks. Hope the kid is ok.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The driver is described as a heavy set older male with a white beard...
I'm not sure what Santa was drinking, but that kid was clearly on his naughty list.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hit and Run accidents are of the worst sort. It ends up becoming the common destroying factor in all lives involved.

Best answers
Umm...where's the parent of this three year old?

Best answers
What was a lonely 3-year old doing on the street anyway? Of course, the driver is a **** for doing a hit-n-run, but the parents should be shot for bad parenting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom