this game and its players

Best answers
Well ... iv been playing this game on and off for the past 3 years ,
im prolly too old to play this game but who gives a ****.

first off very nice mod , its actualy the only hl1 mod i still play , rest is obselete.
I got some critics but none are aimned at the mod cause i cant see any flaws in it.
The onle problem i got is the way ppl play it and the comments going around.
For starterts , ppl complain about beamspammers , well...
In my opinion , the only problem about beam speaming is when ppl spam it when they are ULTRA strong ,killing everyone one the map with one shot.
Besides that its seems pretty fair.
Its actualy funny if u consider that half the ppl complaining about beamspamming are the ppl that do meele NON-STOP.
Latly i was thinking about a beter name for the game , "The Fly" , cause face it , most of us are zooming aroung like fly's trying to get a kill
I stand up for the 'beamspammers' cause atleast they make the game look cool.
Face it , i can not see any fun in doing meele all the time , agreed it can be good for a challange but the game needs BOTH.
I noticed how alot off people seem to have forgot about the BLOCK key to bounce beams off or block/struggle beams off.
Maybe if Noobs (in a way like me) we'r more easier accepted then some more ppl might actualy play this game.
I mean ...face it , it brakes my heart , such a good mod , and except for 3-4 servers its all empty....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well. Not being rude, but the name "The Fly" is ridiculous.

Also, beamspammers are bad. Say you are in a melee battle and after you're done, you guys get knocked back. Then you swoop towards eachother and what do you see? A fully charged KHH between both of you. Then he explodes it and gets 2 kills.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally hunt down the beam spammer on each pub I go on with melee, because I can, and to prove to him that his spam plan has it's weak points.

Best answers
well im all for a 1 on 1 battle , but a team play game makes sence to me too
I mean , like 'weak' krillen saved goku's and gohan's butt more than enuf
In many causes the weak have no choice then to fight the stronger.
Id like to play this game like in the episodes (dream on i know).
How many times have the tables been turned in Dbz , i lost count.
Thats what makes it all the more spectacular.
I know what u saying , and it would suck if it where a deathmatch game , but then thats what it is , deathmatch.
In a teamplay game , asuming server is set to- "not able to kill teamplayers" then it can be just just like the episodes , weak player interfearing and giving the 'hero' the chance to get back on top.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I understand that you think the beams look cool and everything, but thats not what keeps people playing the game. Most people that have been playing for more than a year dont really care how much the game looks like dbz, theyre more concerned with gameplay. The game is actually more fast paced than people realize when they first start playing, and I think most people quit before they realize the depth of gameplay that is in basic melee. Big beams are unballanced the way they are right now, thats the reason people leave them out of the gameplay. It will be better in 1.3 hopefully, but until then players who use beams a lot are generally considered spammers and n00bs. Its pretty sad that youve been playing for 3 years and still think beams are the height of the game. If you like esf now I recommend you try playing the game based on the melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, I dont know about you Skamp...

But I play ESF as if it was a game. I shoot beams and melee and try to have the highest score.

Best answers
Imo the game needs both,
I did my part on trying to be good at meele.
The onle problem with beams is if they blow em up before u can block/bounce_back em.
You can be a ssj5000 they will still hurt.
But if ppl have low ppl levels then i dont mind, good tactics.
But with extreme powerlevels, they can kill anything before it gets close to them, so knowing that , i understand some ppl's frustration.
Maybe beams should only explode when hitting something, like walls or a ungaurded person.
I had ppl trowing spirit bombs at me and i was able to block/trow_em_back_at_them
Maybe it would be a good idea that from a certan level u have to control the beam all the way (alot of power needs focuse controle it)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've seen some nice team melee juggles in this game.

Best answers
..u say u want a game in whichs its some melle, lotsa beams and a huge powerstruggle thrown in?

Thats a fixed battle...
U wanna watch something like that?
216 The Long awaited fight

Best answers
for me its a real life princeble, fair fight , give it all u got
when im against someone that can out meele me , ill use what it takes to win , beams , energyballs..
now u can scream beamspammer all u want...
i play it like the episodes
Goku plays for the win
After he got the crap beaten out of him , he aint gonna say ...i surrunder
No he does whatever he can to win , tbh thats the spirit

and noooooo i dont want all beams, did i say that????
i sayd , think this is the 3th time , BOTH.

dont quote me on episodes seen about 80% + of them , included the long awaithed fight

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Uh, I dont know about you Skamp...

But I play ESF as if it was a game. I shoot beams and melee and try to have the highest score.
THANK YOU!!!

Do you know how many "pros" in ESF play it as if it's a way of life? ESF is a game. Play for fun. Play to win. Don't play to "prove that you're the most skilled in basic melee" or "prove that you can beat x person in a fight" or "play without using beams lol you n00b." I play ESF and I play to win. In return, I just get "lol you hav n0 skillz." Sorry if I don't play the way YOU do. I'm following the rules, aren't I? yes. Now shut up.

Thats why I like euro servers more than american servers. American players are too stuck up on rules while euro players have more "do whatever you want, just don't glitch or cheat" rules.

Best answers
i suck at typing sigh
Totaly agree with Logan and kaination
Do what it takes , for the win ! (still a game though) ;)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just in the same game as you Skamp. You didn't really melee, you kind of just sat there and spammed Spirit Bomb. When you did melee, you used advanced... I suggest trying simple melee out, it's a lot of fun once you get used to it.

Best answers
eh , dint know there was a basic and advance meele
i simply swoop in , then either do the head on kick (basic?) , or do a bunch of lefts and rights move hoping oponint makes a mistake
i did trow about 3 spirit boms , but i was afk for 20 minutes , so just trying to catch up
and besides , im sure if u tried u coulda just bounced them off :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well give me a Goku and ill spam the server like there is no tomorow.

The "fun" part is the more id spam the stronger id get. Oh and guess what. Killing the guy thats comming at me befor he reaches me and killing myself isnt that bad since i get PL and he dosent. After a while id have enough PL to simply kill 2 or 3 people with every beam i fire.

The way people say beamspam is bad is cause it requires allmost no skill to make a frag. While melee (mostly basic) you have to have atleast a bit skill even if its true that its only for the first hit. The socond on eis kinda easy.

Beamspam isnt a problem if its with low PLs. But once that person gets transformed even generic beams start killing 2 to 3 people.

Best answers
my fav part about spammers is that right when they charge up an attack... say the kameahmeah, they never look behind em... So just go and melee... ^^

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vinay87 said:
my fav part about spammers is that right when they charge up an attack... say the kameahmeah, they never look behind em... So just go and melee... ^^
Hahaha you never playd against me ESF dude if I spam good bye all ,evm it's my spam arena I spam so much that i get the server emptyand I like it so DON'T PLAY EVM

nge

Best answers
Fire gen's to your hearts content, they're a practical beam that has usage in a 1v1 situation. To just huddle in some corner of the map, tossing KHH/SBC/SB's at people isn't fun, at all, and you'll never get good at the game.

Logan, no one likes what you do because they're just as capible of doing it 100x worse than you but don't because they're trying to have an enjoyable time vs eachother.

Btw, my favorite part is when large-beam spammers think they are good.

And EVM's got nothing to do with anything john, don't bring it up please.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I like a balance of melee and beams.

Beams are great fun, ask donnierisk. We can melee each other for 30 minutes non-stop and then tele to the sides of the map and try to make a new SBC PS record.

Balance is the key and with all the tweaks being made in 1.3 I think "spamming" will be a thing of the past.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with nge, the game just isnt fun when you're sitting back spamming and then you beamjump away from anybody trying to get to you. There's no "I play to win" justification for that.

There's a difference between playing for fun and playing to win, because lets face it, prettymuch every game there is, there are exploitable parts of the game/ horrible stratergies which ruin the game for everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom