this game and its players

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I agree with nge, the game just isnt fun when you're sitting back spamming and then you beamjump away from anybody trying to get to you. There's no "I play to win" justification for that.

There's a difference between playing for fun and playing to win, because lets face it, prettymuch every game there is, there are exploitable parts of the game/ horrible stratergies which ruin the game for everyone else.
My thoughts exactly.

I just hate people that camp with a beam after a adv melee fight and detonate it/beam jump away from the two people that were in adv melee, especially if they make a habit of it.

I myself played online for the first time in a while yesterday, I was at a mates place on a adsl2 connection running at 10mbps (I miss it now :(). I'm limited to dial up because my mum knows jack**** about computers and doesn't understand the benifits of having dsl, even when in sub total she's paying the same for dial up that she could for dsl in total ($10 for net plus $40+ on local phone calls). I always use to play online at internet cafes, and practically have so much fun because I was so good at the game and considered one of the best 5 players in australia on the forums for the server.

Since I haven't really been able to play for a bit due to having crap net access, my skill isn't exactly as good as it use to be, but I could still hold my own in most ways. I see people that I trained as godo as I use to be now, but I see other newer players that haven't played esf for a lnog period of time, think they are good and I was called a n00b by one of the stupid 15yr old players just because he killed me once (he had heard about the hype on me I assume, since everyone just use to always speculate about pro players ingame), and calling me a n00b just because he managed to kill me when I was in a fight with someone I use to train -_-.

I also found that someone that I use to easily make light work of in the game(Blackwind), got to the same skill level, however he whores the roll exploit like hell, and on the server they consider it ground comboing -_-. It's ashame that the other people I use to play who are good rarely play these days too:(, the ones who actually understand how the game works.

All in all ,soon enough I should have dsl within the next month hopefully and start playing again, I have missed playing online for a long while now :(.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well... as for the beam spamming and stuff... isn't there like 2000 threads about it?

And..

I think having beams and melee is totally good. It just depends how you use the beams or melee.. spamming or exploiting is what makes the game "not fun"

Cho

Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
THANK YOU!!!

Do you know how many "pros" in ESF play it as if it's a way of life? ESF is a game. Play for fun. Play to win. Don't play to "prove that you're the most skilled in basic melee" or "prove that you can beat x person in a fight" or "play without using beams lol you n00b." I play ESF and I play to win. In return, I just get "lol you hav n0 skillz." Sorry if I don't play the way YOU do. I'm following the rules, aren't I? yes. Now shut up.

Thats why I like euro servers more than american servers. American players are too stuck up on rules while euro players have more "do whatever you want, just don't glitch or cheat" rules.
o yea thats the way logan...lets all 5 hit ground hit and throw spam/ground hit..
pr0. THEN WAIT LETS BLUE BEAM EM AFTER!!!!!111
I PLAY TO WINNORZ!!

zomg that sounds like saru!

/sarcasm off.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
When I did play, I played how I wanted to at the time without glitch/cheats.

Yes, I would disc, Nuke, Melee spam, beam spam whatever I felt like.

because not only was that fun, but people typing in the chat how much they hated me made it worth it.

Best answers
Magus said:
When I did play, I played how I wanted to at the time without glitch/cheats.

Yes, I would disc, Nuke, Melee spam, beam spam whatever I felt like.

because not only was that fun, but people typing in the chat how much they hated me made it worth it.
Lol that actualy made me laugh :laff:
Reason i started this thread is i never really liked meele , just too hyperactive when u gotta do it ALL THE TIME , gives me a headeach after 30mins playing.
I did try and can do it to a degree , mixing it with teleport.
But when i play against a oponent that does both , its just more fun.
Maybe we should start a thread on meele spamming ;)
I got a guess that if i really wanted i could rock at it , if i increased my mouse sensetivity , but i dont want all my other games to feel all akward because of the diffrence.
Usualy i cant keep up cause i cant turn fast enuf , so is that down to skill? or mouse sens...
I think using a combo of both , hit and run and do a beam/ball before they can catch up is just as hard as doing plain meele all the time.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
there is more to simple melee then just mouse sense ;P
In fact, Im playing with a rather low sens, 6.6in ESF @mx518 mouse (running at 800dpi) windows mouse speed at exactly 50% and mouse acceleration off.
Yet im rather good at melee... and obviously not because of mouse sensivity ;)

Best answers
None of this nonsense matters, You win, or you lose, which one is upto you, now deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom