Think about Version 1

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, here's something i was thinking about the other day. If ESF will have all these great things in version beta 1.2, then imagine what it would have in version 1, no betas, no alphas. It might not happen, it might happen, but just imagine. hmmm. im thinking what we might have.

The new melee, maybe even another advanced melee.
Extra Transformations.
More classes and attacks.
New interface for website.
and a load of other stuff.

(Moderators, i have used the searched button, which brought up no topic which is simalar to this thread)

Best answers
obviosly u didnt search ahrd enough...

been discused before...

you never know esf 1.0 might come out one day you never know... but for now lets enjoy the game as it is now, it can only get better...

Best answers
ok nuttin aganist ESF, and alot of people most probally have already realeased, as soon as new mods come out for hl2, so think about june next year, if hl2 is realeased. esf is going to die, cause every one will be hl2.

i dont think that the mod will get asfar as version 1, maybe only one more after beta 1.2

ok this is my oppinon but, it is most likey

and remeber i love this mod,

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I doubt ESF will die, the Half Life engine can still be pushed, and hopefully valve might release HL's Source code ;)
so the release of HL2 can only make ESF better.

Best answers
ok i have been away for like forever, but how will hl2 make esf better...

for wat i remeber esf dosent have anything to do with hl2

but tell me, how long will u magus play esf, and how long will the team be making esf, when hl2 is out.. nuttin aganist all of u's but as soon as mods appear for hl2 which are good, i will delete hl

Best answers
from what i've heard, esf would live and die with the hl1(quake 2)engine, and NEVER EVER switch to another

in version 1.0, you'd have all the transformations, fusion, all (necessary) attacks and techniques, total balance, and the finished melee system.

in one word, PWNAGE!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fusion wont be in i think....

and they mean THE version 1, now its a beta version, but if they pass the beta version, they will come to just "version" which is kinda completed, and in a version 2 they will fix bugs but not much more

Scruffie

S
Jesus Christ, this is the most pointless thread ever. It's like imagining what you're getting for Christmas 15 years for now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rofl scruffie, let the people dream :p.

I though that HL's source code already has been released... isn't that how counter-strike made it's debut? Either way I'm probably wrong, i don't know much about source codes, but if HL has been holding back, and the release of HL2 allows the team more access to to better code, i won't be quitting ESF anytime soon.

Best answers
Big Bang Attack said:
ok nuttin aganist ESF, and alot of people most probally have already realeased, as soon as new mods come out for hl2, so think about june next year, if hl2 is realeased. esf is going to die, cause every one will be hl2.

i dont think that the mod will get asfar as version 1, maybe only one more after beta 1.2

ok this is my oppinon but, it is most likey

and remeber i love this mod,
No its not,not everybodies goin to want to go a buy a high end GFX card just to play hl2. So hl1 mods will still be doin good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually HL2 is supposed to run well on low end machines. The reason people won't be leaving HL1/Counter-Strike/ESF, is becuase they are good games. One game has never put an end to all other games that came before it. People won't just drop every other game to play HL2. (some might, but the majority wont)

Best answers
I suggest to make instead of 1.2 beta, 1.9 beta and after this one.. 1.0 final :laff: .
And for HL2, I will play it, but I will leave hl also, cause I must play cs and esf :)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Big Bang Attack said:
ok i have been away for like forever, but how will hl2 make esf better...

for wat i remeber esf dosent have anything to do with hl2

but tell me, how long will u magus play esf, and how long will the team be making esf, when hl2 is out.. nuttin aganist all of u's but as soon as mods appear for hl2 which are good, i will delete hl
Well, I never meant HL2 will just make ESF super cool :p sorry for being vague ;)
Let me rephrase.

by having the source code released, there will be more options for newer things in ESF, and since the HL engine can be pushed, the mod will be pretty awesome.

Best answers
1.0 wil prbobly be out wile im sipen on my oatmeal soup then about to celerbrate my 115th birthday `_`

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF will probably make the move to Half Life 2 once its released world-wide. It shouldn't be too hard to convert the files.

Best answers
As much as I'm sure the team has said this, I remain unconvinced that there won't be an ESF2, maybe at the same time as ESF. Hopefully, if Valve has done a good enough job, all you'll have to do is install it with Half-life 2 instead of Half-life 1. It's not unconcievable.

Imagine copying the Valve directory and playing Half Life 1 again but in the HL2 engine. sweet.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*realistically* ESF will end up porting to Half Life 2 at some point. Don't quote me on that if it doesn't happen, but there's a good 90% chance (I'd say) that it will port, for the sake of not only survival among HL2 modifications and just general HL2 popularity (including the whole backwards compatibility with lower end systems thing), but also because it would give them all sorts of new things to try with new coding and higher Poly counts for models and things like that.

They said they'd never port to Half Life 2 period, but that was all before all of this information about backwards compatibility and easily trasnferrable code came out. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their mind at some point, and I wouldn't be surprised if that point came just before "ESF 1.0"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom