Them Bots...

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I joined one of the officially hosted servers, and I was constantly mistaken for a bot, because of my very low ping and admittedly not-that-great playing ability.
I won't give out the username of the guy I was playing with, but he was constantly saying things like 'Prove you are human, if you aren't a bot.' and then I'd say, 'Um, well, I can't wait for ESF: F?' and then he would say something like 'That's what a bot would say!'.
I was then getting all sorts of disrespect, because they thought I was a bot. I was being insulted, and the whole lot. Perhaps if you add a signal of some sort, to differentiate between bots and players, that could prevent this sort of thing happening.
I can perfectly well understand if you want to leave the bots as player - like as you can, but I would, in my humble opinion, enjoy it if you were to add a signal of some sort. Thanks for reading!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bots don't have pings I don't think.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They were probably just Trolling you dude....

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A signal >.>

Its called opening the console and typing in status. Anything that displays a STEAM ID next to their name is not a bot, anything with a ping bigger than 0 is not a bot, and i agree with kreptyne, dont listen to trolls, that just makes them react more.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know bots have a default tag already

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yep, like everyone's saying, you got trolled hard. Don't give them more wood to add to the fire bro, and never take anything seriously over the internet; you're gonna have a baaaad time.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
he was constantly saying things like 'Prove you are human, if you aren't a bot.' and then I'd say, 'Um, well, I can't wait for ESF: F?' and then he would say something like 'That's what a bot would say!'.
I dunno... sounds like a bot to me. Me thinks sentience is being born from the old ESF bot code! I TOLD YOU IT WAS EVIL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom