the YTMND topic revived

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what to do. Go on ytmnd.com, find something funny or interesting (nothing x-rated and no screamers) and post your findings here. Try to go for things that aren't already well-known fads. Like this one I found that made me chuckle:

*Please link to non-offensive YTMNDs* - Opti

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
You know what to do. Go on ytmnd.com, find something funny or interesting (nothing x-rated and no screamers) and post your findings here. Try to go for things that aren't already well-known fads. Like this one I found that made me chuckle:
I understand we are not allowed to talk about religion, but then lets not show pictures
that might bash on religion or are hurtfull.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
jp said:
I understand we are not allowed to talk about religion, but then lets not show pictures
that might bash on religion or are hurtfull.

Random

R
SailorAlea said:
Please let us do our jobs.
Then do it, because if I start seeing more altered pictures of Jesus and christian icons I'll start linking scripture.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about some of you, but I find the ones posted by Logan, Magus, and Zeonix tasteless and idiotic, not to mention disrespectful to the members of the community who may be of the Christian faith; that means that they aren't to be seen in this thread from here on out.

No YTMND's making light of any religious person/practice/icon/etc. will be tolerated.

Any deviation from that will be treated with a warning. You guys should know better than to put religious topics/people in that kind of light.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I forgot we must take everything extremely seriously.

Surely this link will suit the faery-unicorn-lollipop-rainbow theme we seem to always keep: http://cutestbunnyever.ytmnd.com/

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Oh, I forgot we must take everything extremely seriously.

Surely this link will suit the faery-unicorn-lollipop-rainbow theme we seem to always keep: http://cutestbunnyever.ytmnd.com/
If you can find a YTMND of that nature that is legitimately humorous, then more power to you. Being a frequent browser of YTMND, I have a lot of doubt that you'll be successful.

What's serious here is that there is an obvious line between humour and mockery. You are free to cross that line if you're looking for another ban.

Now keep your comments to yourself. Post again when you feel like not going from one pole to its complete opposite.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is the ghost busters busting Jesus not humorous? Holy ghost? Ghost busters? Ghost busters bust ghosts? Nothing? Wow.

Does the concept of respect for the sanctity of religious icons/symbols escape you? I don't, frankly, care if you think it's the most ingenious YTMND on that site; it's disrespectful, and, as a result, has no place here. Now cut the back-talk. ~Maj

http://unicorn.ytmnd.com/

EDIT: I realize you're superman or w/e around here, but don't speak to me like I'm a child. Concept of respect for the sanctity of religious icons my ass. I was raised as a protestant, but I was also taught to take everything with a grain of salt. If I have to respect you and your religion, you have to respect my right to satirize you and your religion. Its a two-way street, buddy.

An admirable effort, but not without one critical flaw: satirization of religion is disrespectful and is an attack on that religion. That violates the very first section of the AUP. While you may have the right to satirize my religion (which operates under the assumption that I currently follow a set of religious beliefs) on a chance meeting in public, that doesn't extend here. We have our rules, and you are expected to follow them. My apologies if my earlier comment appeared to belittle you - that was not my intent. ~Maj

EDIT: Fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom