The wonderful ESF

Discord Member
Best answers
i honestly dont know why u guys are discussing this .... u dont think ppl will figure a way around it eventually? i wouldn't b surprised if add ons and plug ins happen .... but tbh I THINK the models they have right now and stuff LOOK PRETTY FREAKIN EPIC!!!! it's gonna b hard topping them :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought i mentioned this already.

AMXX pluggins should still work with ESF. And ECX is an AMXX pluggin.

All you will need are talented coders. Well at least as talented as "Ze Germans"

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
@DK isnt that a bit hypocritical? You are in fact altering someones creation right now (Half Life).
Reread what he said, "the moment you release." was HL released moments ago?

Edit

And lets be honest here.. the people that are going to mod it are those that want GT and want to edit the base stats of characters to ruin the balance.

Last edited:
Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, well.. good luck getting those models working in ESF:F correctly without our compiler... We hacked the compiler and ingame code so much, that the old models dont even work in ESF anymore. I had to decompile and recompile everything again just to make esf work.. :)

Remember that news post about vertex weights? You need a special file that only the compiler itself can spit out :p
Good luck reverse engineering that mod-modders XD

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DT, have I told you today how much I love you, as well as the rest of the team? No longer will I have to suffer though 'ZOMG!!! HOWEZ DUZ I GETS TEH SSJ4 GOKUGETA!?!?!'. Simple answer.. 'YOU CAN'T FOO'! NOW PLAY WITH A REAL CHARACTER!' >:-D

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
However, wouldnt that be peoples choice to do it? This is still a mod...Plus, people with mods can only play on the servers that share the same mod right? For eg. People with ECX can only play on servers that support ECX.
Technically the additional mod files should be downloaded for the user in-game, but in ECX's (and EVM's I think) case players connecting to modded servers with vanilla ESF (or a wrong mod installed) are disconnected. Either that's because the devs made it that way, it happened on its own, or because some of the default ESF files were incompatible with the mods and thus custom ones needed to be installed client-side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom