The 'we don't need seven hundred' Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread.

Best answers
I wish I could enter tourneys, but there just aren't any in my town.
-- As Hash Brown said, it's not in my town. All we have around here is Madden and Live tourney's, but i got enough of sports games growing up-- and that's just from watching them, considering i was to young to play them well.

Best answers
My top 5 are

1. Fox
2. Link
3. Ganondorf
4. Marth
5. Bowser

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Instead of everyone saying "oh yea I'm so great because I can beat my group of friends" why don't you try entering into some tourneys. If you still win, then you can brag. As it stands I've got six (first place) under my belt, and some of the things that are being said in this thread (and that other one) are hilarious.
Congrats. I also have 6 first place tournys under my belt. What character did you stick with? Or did you change from tourny to tourny?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Congrats. I also have 6 first place tournys under my belt. What character did you stick with? Or did you change from tourny to tourny?
I get a feeling that if that were true you would've said something much earlier, and if I had said 7 or 8, you would've said the same :p.

I use Link for the most part unless I feel like more speed and manuverability, in which case I'll use Shiek. Though Link usually works fine for me against better players. Shiek is a little too lightweight for my taste sometimes, especially against a harder hitting character like Gannon or DK. I'll use Kirby if I know my opponent sucks so I can embarrass them ;). Probably not the smartest move on my part but meh.

As for you folks with no tournys around. You can set up your own (won't be as official but still fun). Put some posters up around your school or wherever. And if there are any walk in gaming places like X-Zone around your town, ask them if they have any competitions coming up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your playing people who suck its not much of an accomplishment is it?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
if your playing people who suck its not much of an accomplishment is it?
Well, it's assumed that, when creating a tournament, there'll be methods by which to filter out the "people who suck" before getting into the thick of things. On that note, I'm going to remind you that if you intend to post in a thread, it's expected that your post will be constructive. I'm not sure about the standards on other forums, but here, "if you're playing against people who suck, it's not much of an accomplishment" is not constructive, particularly in a thread that asks what your best SSBM character is.

Having said that, and to be more pertinent to the topic, my best characters are Marth, Samus, and, formerly, Gannondorf. I'm not a tournament player, myself, so I don't really tend to play with characters or tactics that secure a quick or easy victory for me.

...but I'm incredibly old-fashioned =P

nge

Best answers
1: Fox
2: Shiek
3: Marth
4: Peach
5: Falco

Coincidentally, go look at the official tier listing. These were the guys I used before I even knew that though. I just found them to be most effecient.

Btw, fox doesn't need a spike attack if you know what you're doing with the reflector shield. The only thing falco really beats him at is shorthop/laser/l-cancleing, which is stopped with a simple reflection... I'm not saying Falco's bad, I'm saying statistically Fox is stronger.

As for tournies, I've played in one and won it. Got a $100 gift card to best buy!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Btw, fox doesn't need a spike attack if you know what you're doing with the reflector shield.
Indeed, Fox's Shine Spike is godly, it's a great move. I absolutely hate having to come up from the bottom of the stage as Falco when i'm against Fox. Falco is just a sitting target with his up B and Fox just drops down, shine spikes me and i'm dead, nothing I can do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Characters I kick absolute ass with:

Gannondorf
Kirby
Link
Jigglypuff
Shiek

XD

Best answers
i consider my self fairly good, i ran a tournament at dragonflight(a gaming convention by seattle). i got 3rd place, although i played 1 on 1 with the second place guy and destroyed him, and i was pretty even with the first place guy(first place guy eliminated me in tourney, but beat him in a rematch). Now i don't htink i coudl contend with all the pro players but i also don't think i would be completely destroyed. My only other tournament experience was at sakura con where they turned on double damage for whatever reaso(I have NO idea why), i got wasted in that one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Too all those who think they can beat me, get ready to have a LONG and HARD fight. I don't go down easy.
I'm a SSBM Tournament state champion. STATE. I have a feeling its you who will have a long and hard fight.

Best answers
Since I've noticed quite a few people play Super Smash Bros Melee I was wondering has anyone done something noone was expecting that helped you beat someone or vice versa. It can be anything that was weird, cool or funny

My one was when the game first came out I played a friend who always used Captain Falcon and didn't stop using the falcon punch to win. Any way while he was k.o.ing some else I was charging up Donkey Kong's punch move and just as he went to use the falcon punch on me I use the punch move and K.O.ed him. The look on his face was hilarious:D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So many to choose from...

Probably at Fox's Ship stage (forget the name) where I as mario and I was beating up a level 1 computer across the stage without letting them touch the ground and then killing them. Or, just hitting a person into that wall on the right side of the stage, wait for them to fly back to me and repeat the process.

But, one of the most appealing ones was when I was Mario with a Metal Box and Bunny Hood on; I headbutted a character until they were almost KOed by going up to high, but I jumped after them (mind you, that double jump metal bunny hood will take you off screen by going up too high) and spiked the opponent, launching them back down to Earth while off screen with the opponent.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Smash Bros is awesome. The best thing is when you both have one life left and you both get hit away and both almost die at the same second.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Super Smash Bros is awesome. The best thing is when you both have one life left and you both get hit away and both almost die at the same second.
but you win and your friend gets pissed.

i dont know, the time my friend was kirby and i was link. i kept shooting him with arrows, he had one life, all i would do was shoot him with arrows, his damage was at like 570% percent, then he gets up and screams "STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS AND JUST KILL ME"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I managed to fight 3 lvl 9 comps without loosing one life until I had 800%.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My fav thing is still "The Clash Of The Knees." When me and one of my buds are both Captain Falcon and we both hit each other with a fair at the exact same time and we both go flying off the map in two different directions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom