the ultimate gaming,.... clock? O_o

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
call it retarded, call it stupid w/e, I was piss bored, and I think its pure pwnage.

i do have a few questions as to how i could get the green light to function again, (well, flat out replace it i suppose, NONE of the internal parts are still in it)

i had the idea that i could rip out a green Christmas light wires and all and tie it up to a 9 volt battery, but that may not even work. and truth be told id much rather be able to turn it off and on with the power switch.

anyone know if the Christmas light thing would work though?, i know some Christmas lights are kinda weird

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
call it retarded, call it stupid w/e, I was piss bored, and I think its pure pwnage.

i do have a few questions as to how i could get the green light to function again, (well, flat out replace it i suppose, NONE of the internal parts are still in it)

i had the idea that i could rip out a green Christmas light wires and all and tie it up to a 9 volt battery, but that may not even work. and truth be told id much rather be able to turn it off and on with the power switch.

anyone know if the Christmas light thing would work though?, i know some Christmas lights are kinda weird
I think I want your babies. That's ****ing AWESOME. Does it work? No clue about the christmas thing sorry.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes it works, just a pain in the butt putting that battery in,

i have to unscrew the back of it and do it from there, i didnt have enough clearance in the lens-hole thing to just be able to press the open button like i had originally hoped

Best answers
Heh.. that is pretty sweet. Make a good one out of a SNES/NES and I'd buy it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a green light in it now, i had to mutilate an old Halloween decoration., its not quite as green as the original psx light. BUT its better than nothing i suppose.

what i did was get basically a plain white Christmas light bulb, and put a slice from a green sprite bottle over it. it made it THIS COLOR when it should be more like THIS ONE

its a small problem, but its enough to piss me off >_>

Heh.. that is pretty sweet. Make a good one out of a SNES/NES and I'd buy it.
trust me, if i had a broken SNES or NES id do it. and ebay it or something. i'm sure i could at least fetch more than what i paid for the materials, (which is just under 10 bucks, playstation included)

but id have to go digital with that, i couldn't imagine how id place the dial on a square system like that, the psx had a nice circular design on it.

Best answers
hahaah :p that's genious.. time to take a look at my own old ps1 that's hidden somewhere.. or did we sell/give it away >_< dang.

well neweys, real nice work there :p

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill sell you my broken SNES. =p (I was REALLY pissed when I tried playing it one day and it didnt work, no matter what I did. Sucks.)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
green light action o/

i may do some more work on it, like making the open button actually work, or maybe putting a psx character sticker on the side of it.

but I'm satisfied with the result nonetheless

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what you call creativity. Please do not hesitate to send me the clock nuttzy! :D

Best answers
Best use of a PS3 -ever-

Nice clock btw :) Reminds me of a guy I know that turned his Game Gear into a fully functional clockradio.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just happened to have a broken playstation, sadly my SNES, NES, and gameboy pocket (if i can find the damn things) are still in working condition.
so I'm not about to start ripping those up.

if i happen to find a broken/dirt cheap nes/snes/psx i may make another. and hopefully make it look more professional.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just happened to have a broken playstation, sadly my SNES, NES, and gameboy pocket (if i can find the damn things) are still in working condition.
so I'm not about to start ripping those up.

if i happen to find a broken/dirt cheap nes/snes/psx i may make another. and hopefully make it look more professional.
Holy **** man, I love what you've done! Would you be willing to do this for me if I mailed you an old system? What would you charge? Like literally, I try to avoid my inner nerd as much as possible, but you have no idea how hard my e-peen got seeing that.

If it's an actual working clock, seriously, tell me what you would charge and if you'd be willling.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy **** man, I love what you've done! Would you be willing to do this for me if I mailed you an old system? What would you charge? Like literally, I try to avoid my inner nerd as much as possible, but you have no idea how hard my e-peen got seeing that.

If it's an actual working clock, seriously, tell me what you would charge and if you'd be willling.
No ****ing ****. If I had a PS1 it'd be on first class mail to texas.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O, i have no idea tbh lol,

i do have other clocks and i could just ship this one out as is, i don't really need it.

few problems with it though,

the green light flickers a little (it was a christmas light),

you have to unscrew the back of the thing to change out the batteries,

and internal workings are just plain ugly,
(i know jack **** about wiring, its just taped down wires and a glued down battery box from a old toy =/.)

and the numbers are self adhesive pieces of plastic, that dont stick very well to the slick surface of the unit, and they fall off really easy when you get to moving it around.

they stay on just fine up on the wall, but once you take it down to change the batteries, 2-3 numbers will fall off every time. (usually 7 8 and 9)

i cant help but wonder, if thats all it takes to take knock em off of there, sending it through a mail sorting machine would wreak havoc on it =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant help but wonder, if thats all it takes to take knock em off of there, sending it through a mail sorting machine would wreak havoc on it =/
If that's your concern, just get some cement glue for the numbers, it'll last forever and you only need a little touch of it.

And no one cares about ugly wiring.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is fricking awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom