The Ulduar, the dual talent spec, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the weekend, probably. Got work during the week.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
30 mins until it's up!!!
It really saddens me my DK can't no longer turn into ghoul after the death :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was that really useful, though?

I wouldn't know because I personally resent Death Knights as it's become the most played, most overpowered class in recent history. ;D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, let's say I am in Warsong Gulch. All Horde goes right side and Alliance left running to opposite bases. What I do is rush into Alliance, D&D, UB, I get killed, then I turn into ghoul and explode 6k damage to all around me. Pretty useful :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this more content that follows the typical "you need to know other people who play the game, otherwise you're not going to get anywhere because it is completely impossible that anyone would ever want to strike out into Azeroth on their own, and seeking help through built-in features like those useless pillars outside of dungeons will never do anything for them" kind of thinking?

Please say "no" :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this more content that follows the typical "you need to know other people who play the game, otherwise you're not going to get anywhere because it is completely impossible that anyone would ever want to strike out into Azeroth on their own, and seeking help through built-in features like those useless pillars outside of dungeons will never do anything for them" kind of thinking?

Please say "no" :(
No, it is

"you need to know other people who play the game, otherwise you're not going to get anywhere because it is completely impossible that anyone would ever want to strike out into Northrend on their own, and seeking help through built-in features like those useless pillars outside of dungeons will never do anything for them"

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I certainly cannot say that I'm surprised.

However, one can always live in hope.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot:

Wikipedia said:
The majority of media in the Warcraft universe takes place upon a planet called Azeroth. This planet has four continents, named the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend (the world's polar cap) and Undermine (considered home land of the Goblins) all of which are separated by a large ocean called The Great Sea.
I knew what I was saying, Lukyas.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=49671.0

Discuss.

The future of WoW PvE is looking very grim indeed. In less than 5 hours after patch implementation, Americans tore apart Ulduar, leaving only 4 bosses remaining with 1 heroic achievement done.
This was experted, they have changed the way they do dungeons.

in recent years, only a select few people got to see end-game raiding content.
10%~
To fix that, they added hard modes.

Normal modes are for casual players and puggers, the loot is decent.
Hard mode is for the hardcore people, the loot is awesome.

Just because you finished a fight in normal mode, doesn't mean you're ready for the hard mode.

Sartharion 3D is a good example of this, a lot of guilds haven't cleared it and blizzard has stated that sartharion 3D is "meh" compared to ulduar hard modes.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have access to my old guild's forums and according to them, it seems to be a pretty decent raid instance.

I'm still not coming back, though. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was experted, they have changed the way they do dungeons.

in recent years, only a select few people got to see end-game raiding content.
10%~
To fix that, they added hard modes.

Normal modes are for casual players and puggers, the loot is decent.
Hard mode is for the hardcore people, the loot is awesome.

Just because you finished a fight in normal mode, doesn't mean you're ready for the hard mode.

Sartharion 3D is a good example of this, a lot of guilds haven't cleared it and blizzard has stated that sartharion 3D is "meh" compared to ulduar hard modes.
Meh, let's face it. These so called "Hard modes" are just additional ways of doing what already exists, it's hardly "extra content", it's just the chance for better loot and e-peen awarding. Once the raid is geared up enough for the dps race (which, let's be realistic, it is what these Hard modes are), it becomes pretty damn easy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only done Razorscale on hard mode , and a few Ignis tryouts so far.
Based on that only, I can say that I like the instance a lot , regardless of it being slightly easier than what we're used to seeing earlier.

3.1 is quite win for a patch overall.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks to Argent Crusade Tournament I earned 200g.

So here are new things patch brought summed:

New raid instance: Ulduar (good)
Dual talent spec (good)
Dual gear spec (good)
Joining BGs from anywhere (good)
Argent Crusade Tournament (so-so)
Instead of gold and silver pictures you now see 100g 30s 20c. Looks very ugly. I liked images of silver gold much better (bad)
Season 6 (good)
Arena teams start with rating 0 instead of 1500(bad QQ)
New boss in Vault of Archavon (so-so)
Nerf for DKs (bad)
Nerf for palas (good)
New dailies (good)

Did I miss somethin'?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im happy with the Update. Helped my Warrior by reducing some Cool Downs.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, let's face it. These so called "Hard modes" are just additional ways of doing what already exists, it's hardly "extra content", it's just the chance for better loot and e-peen awarding. Once the raid is geared up enough for the dps race (which, let's be realistic, it is what these Hard modes are), it becomes pretty damn easy.
You couldn't be more wrong.
Really.

Hard mode doesn't make stuff a DPS race, though ofcourse for some encounters it is.
in most cases though, hard mode totally changes a encounter.

it seems you want to hate the game and make up stuff, so you'll believe yourself.
You might want to actually check what you say before you post it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You couldn't be more wrong.
Really.

Hard mode doesn't make stuff a DPS race, though ofcourse for some encounters it is.
in most cases though, hard mode totally changes a encounter.

it seems you want to hate the game and make up stuff, so you'll believe yourself.
You might want to actually check what you say before you post it.
I quoted this for the true.

Best answers
I wouldnt call the Deathknight update a nerf, more balancing then anything. Heck I'm doing more DPS now then I was before the patch... o_O

Went to Ulduar last night on Arathor, - lag, server reset, got bored with the lag, logged out. So gonna wait till alot of guilds go back to their normal raid rotations before I attempt ulduar again, my net isnt the best in the world so I cba with all the DC's

Ensidia already cleared ulduar last night/this morning (bar Algalon), which is pretty cool.

but meh, same old really, the torny is just the sunwell island again, so that will become a boring grind pretty quick imo.

Looking forward to trying out ulduar though, the lore behind it seems real nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom