The U.N. Wants to Ru(i)n the Internet

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a wake-up call for the world's two billion Web users, who take for granted the light regulation of the Internet: A group of 193 countries will meet in December to reregulate the Internet. Every country, including China, Russia and Iran, gets a vote. Can a majority of countries be trusted to keep their hands off the Web?

The International Telecommunication Union (ITU), a low-profile United Nations organization, is overseeing this yearlong review of the Web. Its process is so secretive that proposals by member countries are confidential. The Obama administration has yet to nominate a negotiator for the U.S. side, even though Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said last year that his goal was "international control over the Internet."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304749904577384281275240056.html

No.

The Internet stands for freedom, for equality. It is the last bastion of Freedom on Earth.

Do not take it away. Do not make anyone "run it" or "own it", it is everyones. No one should have control of it. Free like a beast.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously they haven't had enough people throwing obscenities at them. Trolls love their internets. Taking all their aggro won't be a smart thing.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Didnt they read the tale?

You mess with the best...

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Didnt they read the tale?

You mess with the best...
Mess with the bull and you get the horns :smile:

I think the regulation of the Internet is inevitable. That dont mean I will stop fighting for it for as long as I can. I mean how many legislations have they already tried to pass by us ? PIPA, ACTA, SOPA and a bunch of other ones. Eventually, people will grow tiresome of clicking buttons to sign for petitions lol. The thing also is, that the governments can keep trying to pass regulations for the internet by making PIPA, SOPA, ACTA clones. Whenever they get petitioned out of 1 law to be passed they just start making another law..... When will it end?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I really don't hope that we are the last generation of a free Internet! Because it will be a hard to explain to my future kids why the Internet was a wonderful community without them being able to experience it.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I really don't hope that we are the last generation of a free Internet! Because it will be a hard to explain to my future kids why the Internet was a wonderful community without them being able to experience it.
I'm fairly sure that will push them to creating their own means of freedom which in turn will be taken away from them. Never ending cycle I tell you....

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
They already blocked pirate bay here in the UK.

Here comes the online police state...

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
so easy to circumvent that noob blocking though

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
This is relevant. I suggest everyone starts using DuckDuckGo as (or in conjunction with) their primary search engine. Unlike Google, it is completely private, secure and doesn't collect any data from you along with its questionable use. I have only just recently found out about it myself and I use it more often than Google now. The creators of it stand for people's freedoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom