The truth about PS3's backward compatib......

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
sony refuses to acknowledge this issue because they do not believe enough users will notice or care about the half-assed backwards compatibility of the ps3
lol yeah...
In case the users are either blind or pleased with ps1 graphics

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if this is BS or not, but the movie looked ridiculously biased and faked.

As long as I can use my PStwo, I'll use that to play my PS2/PSX games on, even after (or if, rather) I get a PS3.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry guys. Sony is releasing a newer model of the PS3 thats been pretty much completely re-designed. I happen to have an illustration of the prototype:

Best answers
, Zeonix. But yea, that video only showed motion picture, and not 3d animation (i.e. actual rendering), so we don't know how the actual game looks... unless that wasn't a video :X.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what happened to all the gameplay > graphics arguements

ffx and metal gear are good games regaurdless of how pixelated they are

personally i liked the color on the "ps3" version better.

yea this video is most likely a fake.. but i may be wrong

graphics are still better than the wii though

Best answers
Yea the color did seem better on PS3 to me aswell... Even if the the video is real they said a firmware update can fix it. Sooo.... temporary problems need no big arguements.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If Sony can be bothered to fix it which is as slim a chance of happening as an Alien spaceship crashing through my bedroom window tonight.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not a fake. That's what happens when you go up to a HD signal from a regular one. It was going to happen when the consoles went HD.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My eyes, they won't stop bleeding!

Anyway, if it's true.. Sony just gave me another good reason to go for the Wii instead of PS3 hehe

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
If this proves to be true..

It seems ridiculous that Sony would botch one of its main selling points. The nice thing about a Sony Console is being able to play your old archive of games on it from the get-go. After you've waded through the hip-deep trash every console gets on Launch its reassuring to turn back to a truly awesome collection of games.

But, from the scant clip we're offered, it looks like we'll be keeping our PS2 set up beside its bigger brother. Because, honestly, the difference was noticeable and bad. That clip was meant to be set during dawn but, to judge from the PS3 version, it looked more like the middle of the night.

So, that's bad. If it proves to be true.

On the other side of things, there's this clip that shows a different story. So who knows what's true?

Wait until the bugs and rumors are ironed out, that's my motto.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
graphics are still better than the wii though
Erm.... if you mean that PS2 graphics are better than the Wii's, I think you need to take another look.

At any rate, I agree with Engar when he stated that we should "Wait until the bugs and rumors are ironed out". There is likely to be videos running the gamut due to plenty of bias out there in the gaming world. I hope, personally, for the best, as, much like when I got my PS2, I want to be able to put the previous system aside (or, in the case of my PSX, make an extended loan to one of my friends).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not being funny or anything, but have you tried playing any games from win 95 era on a newer machine?

point made.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not being funny or anything, but have you tried playing any games from win 95 era on a newer machine?

point made.
Yeah it can't be done =/ It really sucks too

I had this wicked kick ass game called Tom Clancy's: SSN it was a submarine game, it ****ing OWNED. But it doesn't work on XP :(

Best answers

point made.
but microsoft didn't say 'play all your old windows game on XP' to help sell it

Best answers
Of course they wouldn't say it... that's because it isn't possible. With PS3 it is possible, it's just that it needs a fix. Realistically, Sony will fix it sooner or later when they get more and more complaints about it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well jeeze, what's the big deal? All they had to do was use some anti-aliasing, the PS3 is MORE than capable of that...why wouldn't they implement it? The only reason I can think of is that it's intentional in order to tempt consumers into buying their PS2 consoles as well or at least keep from selling them to make more money. I like the PS systems myself, but if you're looking for one man's intense opinion, and a few enormous laughs, then check this article out:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sony_bull****

Warning: This guy's language, ego and opinions are vast, angry and unshamed. He right about almost everything tho, and his tirades against or for the flavor of the month sort of stuff offer massive hilarity as an acquired taste. You have been warned: this dude doesn't hold back when he's got an ax to grind.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jesus christ guys, go record a movie at 640x480 resolution, and then try upscaling it to 1960x1080 and then shut the **** up.

i'm sick to death of everybody bashing things that 1. they probably havent tried. and 2. if they've tried, they don't know anything about.

try doing some research before you open your trap to ***** and moan about things in future.

Best answers
Doesn't bother me, imo it just looks like a PSP game, in anycase i wouldn't buy a ps3 for ps2 games anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom