THE SURPRISINGLY MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER IN EACH SAGA

Best answers
Well, a normal DBZ fan would say the following:

Sayian Saga: Most would think that goku was the most important

This is very false, because Goku was weak at the time, and had trouble defeating his brother... If it wasn’t for King Kai, then Goku would of never been able to defeat Vegeta along with Nappa... He was so weak, that he had trouble killing Raditz... imagine him killing Vegeta... The credit all goes to King Kai..

Freiza Saga: People think that Goku was the most important character...

This is very false, because in fact, the most important character was Krillin.
The reason of this is because if it wasn’t for Krillin to die, Goku would of never ascended to SSJ and defeat Freiza. If Krillin never died, the rage that would trigger Goku to go ssj would of never happen... there ending the world, as freiza was still stronger than Goku before he ascended..

Cell Saga: most fans would say Gohan was the most important character in the saga..

However, that is very false. The most important character was Bulma. If it wasn't for Bulma, then there would be no time machine, and therefore, Trunks and the future would be gone. If it wasn’t for here, Trunks would of never been able to go in the past and save the world.

Buu Saga: Most again think Goku was the most important but again, that is false.

The most important character in the saga is the witch who was able to bring Goku back to the real world. If it wasn't for her, how would Goku be able to destroy Buu?

So as you can see, just because people like Goku destroy the main boss, it certainly does not mean that the person was the most important. You need to think about how he was able to kill the boss, etc.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, that's why they were always referred as a team, each had their own role in moving forward.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I've heard it argued - quite well, at that - that DBZ is about Vegeta, rather than Goku. Vegeta appears at the beginning and his character evolves through the story, all the way to the very end where he finally admits that Goku would always be more powerful than him and that he just didn't care any more.

Every Saga - save for Garlic, which was filler - not only had Vegeta, it showed another facet to his growing character. By DBZ Goku and all his friends have already grown up and settled down, Gohan has pretty much climaxed as a character half-way through the show.

I don't know if that was Toriyamas' original intention, but it makes sense to me.

Retired
Best answers
I think basically everybody had their role like synth says, as a team. I mean everybody did something that brought the fight in the favour of the Z team.

for example, in the cell saga. if Vegeta hadn't shot the last beam from the sky on cell during the powerstruggle, cell wouldn't have been weakened.

I mean, there are a lot of ways to look at it ;)

Best answers
yes I know, but when you look at the Cell Saga, Bulma started it all.... She was the main of all!

Retired
Best answers
yes, I know what you mean. she's the one who started it true.

so if it wasn't for bulma, cell wouldn't have come from the future in the old spacepot from trunks either ;)

however I'll just play along.

if it wasn't for bulma, you're saying that cell would have won.

however again if it wasn't for gohan, cell would have won

if it wasnt for vegeta, cell would have won.

I know bulma started it, but i'm again refering to the team effort.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
I've heard it argued - quite well, at that - that DBZ is about Vegeta, rather than Goku. Vegeta appears at the beginning and his character evolves through the story, all the way to the very end where he finally admits that Goku would always be more powerful than him and that he just didn't care any more.
I've heard that too. It seems fitting to think that DB was about Goku, and DBZ was about Vegeta.

Best answers
the only reason that Baba brought Goku back was to participate in the world tournament and he was only there for one day. If Goku wouldn't have come back Vegeta wouldn't have fallen under Babidi's spell. While Buu would be around blowing junk up Vegeta would have trained and kicked his ass. I'd say Vegeta saved them all because If Goku was still dead then if kid buu was still there kid buu would still go to the supreme kai's world and dead people could go there and Goku would fight him. Vegeta came up with the Spirit Bomb idea and helped beat kid buu. If Goku still didn't go to his full power and would have been killed by kid buu he could have come back and he said he can keep his form longer when he's dead so he would have powered up to full and beat him. SS3 is supposed to be powerful enough to beat kid buu but goku fought in ss2 and then ss3 to just show off or something and drew the battle out longer like in every saga.

Best answers
1, stop using CAPS wenn making a thread name, like on all your threads

2, point 1 is so annoying i didnt took my time to read whats the thread about.

Best answers
Valeska said:
1, stop using CAPS wenn making a thread name, like on all your threads

1. Shut up.
2. don't post if it has nothing to do with the topic or just to say that you didn't read it because it was boring.

Retired
Best answers
keep it civilized. both of you aren't moderators and cannot tell others what to do.

valeska, don't post when you have nothing relevant to say.

and Kasey, don't reply to Valeska the way you did. leave it up to the moderators.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Valeska said:
, stop using CAPS wenn making a thread name, like on all your threads

In future try and keep posts with nothing but orders and insults to yourself. They don't help the thread, they don't help the members and they sure as heck wont prevent me from giving you a warning if I see it again.

Kasey said:
1. Shut up.
2. don't post if it has nothing to do with the topic or just to say that you didn't read it because it was boring.
And while the sentiment is appreciated, Rogue Moderating isn't. Please leave it to the people with the authority, rather than let the whole thing descend into chaos.

Ahem, let's get back to the point people.

Edit: Ugh, what Judge said. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything is a key element. Under your logic, Bulma's mom is in fact the most important character in DBZ. Because without her, Bulma wouldn't exist, and without Bulma, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

You'd do better to think of a new way to judge their importance ;P

As for Valeska and Kasey, well, you guys beat me to it. Fast bastards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future_SSJGohan said:
yes I know, but when you look at the Cell Saga, Bulma started it all.... She was the main of all!
actually, goku did in fact start it all by defeating the RR army in dragonball, which caused dr.garo's hate for him and the creation of the androids >_>

the way you word your theory's is pretty one dimensional and a very "im right and screw you if you think otherwise" style. you should try putting it in more of a questioning manner, so that people will feel more inclined to post their own theories.

Best answers
sorry, i was just you know posting my own opinion... :D, feel free to add anything or things you dont agree on... BTW, I did not add Dragonball Gt characters, because um... I HATE GT!! It has the be the lamest series ever.. especially in the beginning... it reminded me of Dragonball :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future_SSJGohan said:
sorry, i was just you know posting my own opinion... :D, feel free to add anything or things you dont agree on... BTW, I did not add Dragonball Gt characters, because um... I HATE GT!! It has the be the lamest series ever.. especially in the beginning... it reminded me of Dragonball :(
i think that was their point. they were trying to bring back the dragonball fans they had lost toward the end of "Z".

Best answers
Clearly Oolong started the sayain saga because he's a pig. Puar started the android saga because he's a floaty cat thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
Clearly Oolong started the sayain saga because he's a pig. Puar started the android saga because he's a floaty cat thing.
aaaaaaaaaaah, it's all beginning to make sense now...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Everything is a key element. Under your logic, Bulma's mom is in fact the most important character in DBZ. Because without her, Bulma wouldn't exist, and without Bulma, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
That hit the nail on the head there, there is no 'one' important character when everything's a factor;

For example;

Freiza Saga: People think that Goku was the most important character...

This is very false, because in fact, the most important character was Krillin.
The reason of this is because if it wasn’t for Krillin to die, Goku would of never ascended to SSJ and defeat Freiza. If Krillin never died, the rage that would trigger Goku to go ssj would of never happen... there ending the world, as freiza was still stronger than Goku before he ascended..
Well you could argue that Piccolo was the most important character because he pushed Goku out of the way and got Fingerlaser'd in his place, which killed him. If he hadn't done that, Goku wouldn't have been alive to go SSJ in the first place or even see Krillin die.

Of course, Piccolo wouldn't still be alive before then unless he'd fused with Nail to beat Frieza, he would've got creamed. So Nail's the most important. Guru gave birth to Nail so he's more important, just as Kattatsu gave birth to Evil King Piccolo (Daimao) who spawned Piccolo Jr. So any of them could be a 'most important' character, and if you really want you can trace it back to just about any character and their actions having an effect on the story. It's the butterfly effect.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Well you could argue that Piccolo was the most important character because he pushed Goku out of the way and got Fingerlaser'd in his place, which killed him.
Piccolo didn't die from the fingerlaser to the heart. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom