THE SURPRISINGLY MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER IN EACH SAGA

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I woudln't go as far as to say 'most important", but perhaps vital, because a lot of the actions correpsond to each other. What if Bulma never found that space ship? I could say that goku is imporant because if he had never thrown the frog, Ginyu would of switched with vegeta, leaving goku still in Ginyu's body.

If you think about it this way, it makes it a tad coplex to pick who was the most important character...I could say that..God what celbrity should I use...I could say that Snoop Dog wasn'tso important because if it weren't for his mom he woulda never been born, but then, if it weren't for her mom, she wouldn't have been born, and ect ect...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it was always a situation that got out of hand with loss that triggered the rage that transed goku into ssj , gohan to ssj2. ssj3 was nothing to do with rage just another form that you could reach if you were strong enough , however i could be wrong as you can see that while goku is transing to ssj3 you can see a cut scene with an ape , so that may be evidence to state otherwise that ssj3 has some connection with oozoaru (and ofcourse in gt , i reckon atleast that is what gave toei the idea behind ssj4 , ssj3 transformation plus oozoaru). Vegeta on the other hand , you have alot of different motives from him , always wanting to be the best fighter in the entire universe and has goals that he get's obsessed with to follow , like getting stronger then goku and ever so dreaming of pwning him one day. You only ever see the change in vegeta after the cell saga of during the cell games when cell comes back and blasts trunks. I guess you colud say that if it wasn't for trunks , vegeta wouldn't of changed nor ever harness natrual rage that you would normally have to feel to go ssj , but vegeta reached ssj by chance i say , as he never felt in any way felt loss other then the fact that goku was stronger then him (i guess you could call that loss to fuel a trans , but i really don't see the connection as you see everyone else trans when their was a moment of losing a loved one)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future_SSJGohan said:
yes I know, but when you look at the Cell Saga, Bulma started it all.... She was the main of all!
actually its all goku's fault, if he hadnt destroyed the red ribbon army as a kid, they wouldnt have spied on him his entire life to find ways to develop something powerful like the androids or cell.

You're basing this all on what if's... everything in the story happens for a reason, there's no one character that could have been left out more than the others...

Vegeta only existed through just over half of dragoball, he appears in volume 18 out of 42 in the manga. Gohan was originally ment to become the main character at the end of the cell saga, but the fans still liked goku too much so goku became the main character in the end of the buu saga.

Goku is the most important character in the whole thing because the whole story revolves around him and his adventures.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I suppose each saga had its own "heros", but all the characters had to come together in some way throughout the serious to save the day : D
It depends on which version you know too, how it was "portrayed" (e.g all the gohan parts removed from the saiyan saga)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, Each character is important. Each of them put their 2 cents in worth of battle to defeat the enemy. Each character evolved throughout the series on way or another besides goku. Vegeta started off a ruthless cold-hearted killer, went to namek and saw that teaming with Gohan and Krillin could give him the upper hand so he did. He also played his part in fighting Freeza twice, and could've killed freeza if he wasn't so ****y and went for a straight kill when freeza was in his default stage. Vegeta also killed Android 19 while goku was suffering from his virus. If Vegeta had not of came, Goku would've died then. Yes Vegeta was the cause of Cell's perfection, but that is in his character to do so. He thurts for a challenge. Moving on, Piccolo has had the biggest impact in DBZ. From killing Raditz to training gohan, to being killed by Nappa to save gohan, to buying time when fighting freeza, to being the first one that fights cell, to fighting Android 17 when 16 was comming to kill goku, to fusing with kame, and finally teaching goku and vegeta's kid how to fuse. Tien, tien tien, he can be labled as the "guy you can coun't on at the right time." He's always the suprised entrance type of guy in a saga (except freeza cuz he was dead. Even then, he helped battle the ginyu force even though king kai could've beat them all off with the lift of a finger.) That's just an example of how they played their part in each saga, i'm too lazy to type the rest of the characters, so I just typed my three favorites. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd say ox king. with out him, chi chi (spanish for boobs) wouldnt have spooned with goku, and there would be no gohan, and there would be alot more changes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you really want to argue

goku started everything

if it wasnt for goku taking on the red ribbon army, cell would have never been created, thus no cell saga.

if it wasnt for goku destroying the original king piccalo raditz would have taken the world over for the saiyans

those 2 things right there make the whole dbz series goku, because each event after these stemmed something even more stupid and retarded

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its all bardock baby, it doesnt go back any farther than that.

its his fault, the bastard. without bardock there would be no goku, or raditz, then vegeta or nappa wouldnt even be an issue!

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
its all bardock baby, it doesnt go back any farther than that.

its his fault, the bastard. without bardock there would be no goku, or raditz, then vegeta or nappa wouldnt even be an issue!
True.. But eventually Bulma would still find the dragonballs and use them like crazy and then the omega shenron woulda still came and killed them all. Or Buu actually Buu would kill every one first.

Best answers
i think you guys are looking too far into the story, but i'll tell you what i heard. dbz was based on Goku, and after goku's death in cell saga that toriyama wanted to switch the focus onto gohan, but the japaneze audience said a big fat no and wanted goku back..

Best answers
I really dont think of it as some of you do. All characters are equally as important. Without any of thouse characters the timeline could have been very diferent.

ZeroNightmare said:
i'd say ox king. with out him, chi chi (spanish for boobs) wouldnt have spooned with goku, and there would be no gohan, and there would be alot more changes
BTW. Spanish is my main language and Chi Chi doesnt mean anything in spanish. If i remember correctly Chi Chi means Milk in Japanese.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Goku should have searched for Gero and killed him, that would mean NO cell and no pesky androids.

2) That idiot of a Picollo should NEVER have said "oh we get Dragonballs wich we use to grant ourselves great wishes!, since Raditz his scouter was sending that to Vegeta and Nappa!

3) Uch, Grandpa Gohan in DB should have killed Goku when he was a baby in the first place, then nothing bad would have happened in the first place. :p

Its all about grandpa Gohan! (and its all his fault)

<_< you should have thrown him into the river you old man. D:

betterman

B
for the saiyan saga i say yajarobi(did i spell that right) because without him, they never would have beat vegeta considering he cut of his tail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This topic is a little... moronic. You guys realize that every major character plays a major role at one point or another, making the story impassable without them. Grandpa Gohan kills Goku, no series. No Grandpa Gohan, no training for Goku, Goku may never become a warrior. No Roshi, Goku never becomes strongest on earth, never learns kamehameha. In the Saiyan saga, yeah, Yajirobi was important. But then if Gohan wasn't there, nobody would've had the strength to beat Vegeta. But if Krillin wasn't there nobody would've been able to throw the spirit bomb. But *BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH*

We can do this all day. Everyone was critical in their own way. I have half a mind to close this out of the sheer pointlessness of it all but... ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom