The Superbowl

Best answers
You could've made it "Super Bowl XL: Seahawks VS Steelers @ Detroit" so as not to give it away... -_- Jeez.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
You could've made it "Super Bowl XL: Seahawks VS Steelers @ Detroit" so as not to give it away... -_- Jeez.
Uh, why? Give me one logical reason as to why I should make my topic title say that when I'm not spoiling anything but common united states knowledge?

Oh noes I spoiled the results of the super bowl! Whatever shall I do?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only reason I would watch the superbowl, would be for the ads. Being as I would be watching the local broadcast of the game, I dont get to see any of those ads. In fact, when I turned on the TV momentarily this afternoon, I saw a Westjet ad on the display above the field. Sneaky, Global, very sneaky.

Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Uh, why? Give me one logical reason as to why I should make my topic title say that when I'm not spoiling anything but common united states knowledge?

Oh noes I spoiled the results of the super bowl! Whatever shall I do?
Common courtesy. Secondly, when making a thread, the idea is to discuss a topic. "Steelers win" leads to "OMG WTF STEELERS WIN!!!!!11!1!one!!!1eleven!!!one1," while "Super Bowl XL" leads to an actual discussion on the events of the super bowl.

Not the least of which being the dumb commercials. Did anybody else feel like blowing themselves aware for having to view the Rockette Burger King commercial?

Super Bowl XL is gonna be talked about for awhile. Who the hell else is gonna try a WR pass on 3rd and long, subsequently getting a touchdown? One for the books, to be sure. Shaun Alexander being completely shut down, as well. He was boasted so much, I was surprised that the Steelers totally eliminated the threat he posed. I've never seen a Seahawks game, so I couldn't say, one way or another, how good he is -- I just expected to see more from him.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thought I hoped the Eagles woulf have had a chance this year, I rooted for Stealers and my family had an old fashioned football get together.

Hooray for Pittsburg/Pennsylvania!

nge

Best answers
That game kinda sucked. Boring game, boring ads, boring everything. Most of my friends wern't even around and there wasn't a drop of alcohol to be had.

I didn't really even care about the 2 teams, but at least I made $10 on the winner.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I fixed the title, and easy there Wesley, if you have an issue you can tell us and we'll take care of it.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I fixed the title, and easy there Wesley, if you have an issue you can tell us and we'll take care of it.
Haha you shouldve seen what I deleted.

Anyways, that game was amazing.

Both teams played so well, such amazing catches.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just can't believe they called off the Seahawks first touchdown, that was a complete joke.

It was a pretty good game other than that though, well from what I watched. I kept leaving and coming back throughout it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of my friends is gonna be so pissed for losing his bet. XD He bet on the Eagles.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPOILER ALERT:

Yeah, that game was BS. I don't know a whole lot about football but it didn't take a genius to see that the Seahawks got completely robbed. When you factor in the Seahawks touchdown that got canceled, and the questionable Steelers touchdown that was rewarded even though the guy was not even remotely over the line...plus the constant penalties on the Seahawks (I didn't see ONE PENALTY on the Steelers the whole game). It was just terribly biased, even the fanbase was all Pittsburgh.

Best answers
I thought the first touchdown that the Steelers made would be overturned. Rothlesberger wasnt over the line when his knees hit the ground.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hahaha, dust and i were supposed to watch this with a bunch of his friends, however we both got too drunk, and passed out before kickoff XD

GO US O/

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
hahaha, dust and i were supposed to watch this with a bunch of his friends, however we both got too drunk, and passed out before kickoff XD

GO US O/
Isn't kickoff just a football term? Or is it still kickoff in American Football?

Just trying to broaden my understanding of foreign culture. :p

I usually watch the Superbowl, but this year gave it a miss, since I was studying for an exam. Good to hear I didn't miss much of a game, then. :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a sad day when the events of a sports event is considered a spoiler...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah scruff, kickoff is still in American Football.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
SPOILER ALERT:

Yeah, that game was BS. I don't know a whole lot about football but it didn't take a genius to see that the Seahawks got completely robbed. When you factor in the Seahawks touchdown that got canceled, and the questionable Steelers touchdown that was rewarded even though the guy was not even remotely over the line...plus the constant penalties on the Seahawks (I didn't see ONE PENALTY on the Steelers the whole game). It was just terribly biased, even the fanbase was all Pittsburgh.
Um, the Steelers got most of the penalties. What game were you watching?

I honestly can't remember the alleged overturned touchdown attempt for the Seahawks, but the QB Scramble by Ben R. was a pretty bad call. He did get the tip of his elbow/helmet in there, though, which is why it was questionable and didn't get overturned.

As for the fanbase being all Pittsburgh.. Yeah, duh. Detroit is closer to Pensylvannia than Washington, so big surprised there. Not to mention the fact that everybody from Pittsburgh is actually INTO the game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom